PDA

View Full Version : Denorfia in the lineup tomorrow?

kheidg-
08-05-2006, 01:01 AM
I hope to see him in the lineup again tomorrow, giving him consecutive games played for a change. He needs some AB's and I think tomorrow is a good day to rest Freel. Under the circumstances (having only Clayton/Castro), I'd like to see this out of JN tomorrow:

Deno
Dunn
Griffey
Encarnacion
Hatteberg
Phillips
LaRue/Valentin/Ross (prefer LaRue)
Castro/Clayton

Please, no Clayton in the 2 hole...

I think we are more likely to see this though:

Deno
Clayton
Griffey
Dunn
Aurilia
Hatteberg
Phillips
Ross

reds44
08-05-2006, 01:19 AM
I don't think Edwin will play tomorrow. I don't think he would have played even if he didn't make an error. JN was talking about playing him 3 days in a row, not 4.

Although he once again showed tonight how improtant his bat is to the lineup even with the occasional error. The error was on a ball most 3rd baseman wouldn't get to also.

kheidg-
08-05-2006, 01:25 AM
I don't think Edwin will play tomorrow. I don't think he would have played even if he didn't make an error. JN was talking about playing him 3 days in a row, not 4.

Although he once again showed tonight how improtant his bat is to the lineup even with the occasional error. The error was on a ball most 3rd baseman wouldn't get to also.

Very true, however - one can only hope.

Tornon
08-05-2006, 02:16 AM
Don't worry.. Clayton will be back in the 8 hole. Jerry seems to pay a lot of attention to how well Clayton hits lefties, and places him in the 2 hole but since there is a righty on the mound tomorrow I am almost positive Clayton will move back down if he plays

KronoRed
08-05-2006, 04:36 AM
Unless JR gets a day off I think Deno sits.

GAC
08-05-2006, 05:08 AM

But his error was a throwing error - after he fielded the ball. That's where a majority of his errors are. His reaction was excellent. He had time to set and throw.

But I still believe the kid should get a majority of the playing time at 3B.

Ltlabner
08-05-2006, 05:13 AM
But his error was a throwing error - after he fielded the ball. That's where a majority of his errors are. His reaction was excellent. He had time to set and throw.

But I still believe the kid should get a majority of the playing time at 3B.

Bingo. Made an excellent stop that most 3b's would not have gotten to. Or at least, few would have. But then muffs it with the "easy" part of the play.

GAC
08-05-2006, 06:04 AM
Bingo. Made an excellent stop that most 3b's would not have gotten to. Or at least, few would have. But then muffs it with the "easy" part of the play.

And some suggested that a good 1Bman would have fielded the low throw on a hop. Maybe so. But the point is - there was time to make a more sure throw and not place the 1Bman in that position

Jpup
08-05-2006, 07:32 AM
And some suggested that a good 1Bman would have fielded the low throw on a hop. Maybe so. But the point is - there was time to make a more sure throw and not place the 1Bman in that position

I haven't watched the play but 1 time, but I thought Aurilia should have caught the ball. Aurilia is no 1st baseman by any stretch of the imagination.

Spring~Fields
08-05-2006, 07:36 AM

I saw it differently, I thought that for the first baseman there was time to move his feet and be in a better postion to catch that hop and step on the base. We have seen Concepcion and Larkin bounce the ball to first base successfully for years much like the play last night.

RANDY IN INDY
08-05-2006, 08:59 AM
And I bet if you ask Encarnacion, he tells you straight up that it was a bad throw and nobody's fault but his. The only ones making excuses are the folks on this board. A major league third baseman has to make that throw.

Ltlabner
08-05-2006, 09:05 AM
I saw it differently, I thought that for the first baseman there was time to move his feet and be in a better postion to catch that hop and step on the base. We have seen Concepcion and Larkin bounce the ball to first base successfully for years much like the play last night.

It's amazing the legnths people will go to cover for EE. I'm not pinning this on your Springield, just your post prompted my thought. If RA had made the same error I hazzard a guess that not one single person would be trying to pin it on Hatte.

EE had plenty of time to get his feet moving correctly, and make a major league 3B throw to 1st. He made 1/2 of a fantastic play. A great stop. Then he gave it away and cost the team a run. A far greater sin, he gave up an out which I thought was tantamount to betting on baseball acording to some here. Yet, no mention of that when EE does it.....very interesting.

Hoosier Red
08-05-2006, 09:05 AM
And I bet if you ask Encarnacion, he tells you straight up that it was a bad throw and nobody's fault but his. The only ones making excuses are the folks on this board. A major league third baseman has to make that throw.

And the stand up attitude is exactly why he should be the everyday third baseman. :devil: ;)

RANDY IN INDY
08-05-2006, 09:11 AM
And the stand up attitude is exactly why he should be the everyday third baseman. :devil: ;)

The stand up attitude is a great thing to have, as is a reliable and accurate arm.

Hoosier Red
08-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Sorry, a little got lost in translation there. I was trying to be a little smart alec, pinning an attitude to EE that we are speculating for him.

RedFanAlways1966
08-05-2006, 10:05 AM
REDS record after Aug. 4 = 56-53 (.514)
REDS record, Deno starts = 5-3 (.625)

Did someone say "small sample size"... ;)

Falls City Beer
08-05-2006, 10:40 AM
It was a bad throw. It was a great double that gave them a two run lead, something they hadn't had in eons. Delivering in a spot no one else seemed capable of doing in what seemed like forever.

Do you want Scott Rolen, great stick and great glove all the time? Yep. Do you always get it from every 24 year old that comes down the pike? Nope.

If his greatest sin is making a poor throw here and there while posting an OPS over .850 at third base, then he's roughly a saint in training.

At any rate, this shouldn't be who's better, Rich or Edwin. They're both contributing mightily to this club. There are plenty of REAL targets on this team.

RANDY IN INDY
08-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Sorry, a little got lost in translation there. I was trying to be a little smart alec, pinning an attitude to EE that we are speculating for him.

People speculate on Redszone?

Ltlabner
08-05-2006, 10:47 AM
At any rate, this shouldn't be who's better, Rich or Edwin. They're both contributing mightily to this club. There are plenty of REAL targets on this team.

Couldn't agree more.