PDA

View Full Version : What homestand if we are still in the lead for WC do you think fans will show up?

GOREDSGO32
08-06-2006, 02:04 AM
This week with lower prices and a big series versus the Cardinals, will it stay that big if we are in the WC or NL Central lead for every homestand from then on out? I think if it gets late in the year and we're still leading, fans will start to come out in large numbers - this team just has to make people believe though.

thatcoolguy_22
08-06-2006, 03:04 AM
of course this team is making believers out of almost every cincinnati doubter this year. its the beginning of august and we have a 2 game lead in the wild card! people will be out i will guarentee. (forgive the mispellings I am drunk and i just got home on this saturday night)... if only we could do something about arroyo and our offense we would be amazing! since the trade we have next to nothing almost every game as far as offense and that leaves us with an inablility to take a lead to our new revamped bullpen... but mark my words people will start filling out the seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeamBoone
08-06-2006, 01:08 PM
I think they've already started to show up. Over 33 thousand for each game against Atlanta so far.

redsfan30
08-06-2006, 01:10 PM
I think they've already started to show up. Over 33 thousand for each game against Atlanta so far.
But that's a weekend with the Braves in town. The attendance numbers are quite possible skewed because of all the Braves fans.

TeamBoone
08-06-2006, 01:25 PM
The Braves haven't been doing as well as usual this year and there were a lot fewer of them in town (heck, they don't even go at home!).

vic715
08-06-2006, 04:42 PM
I think maybe the Braves announcers were on to something when they said the surrounding neiborhoods and the downtown problems might be the problem.I don't know anymore because I've lived in Fla the last 15 years. It really didn't make sense to put that park downtown when they had tons of room up around the Kings Island area.

wojo1025
08-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Could also be gas prices. I live in Louisville and usually make the trip 5-6 times a year to watch the Reds. Now that gas here is $3.10 a gallon, I do not do nearly as much traveling. I have yet to go to a game this year. I had tickets to the Rockies game a few weeks ago and didn't go, they're still sitting here on my desk! I have been to a few Bats game (AAA) and man, that stadium is pretty nice!

redsfan30
08-06-2006, 04:54 PM
The neighborhood safety is bunk. The area around the ballpark, in my opinion, is fine. In most places it's well lit and there aren't too many areas you go where you aren't in a big group of other people.

There are a million and one excuses, but the bottom line is people just aren't coming.

TeamBoone
08-06-2006, 05:23 PM
I think maybe the Braves announcers were on to something when they said the surrounding neiborhoods and the downtown problems might be the problem.I don't know anymore because I've lived in Fla the last 15 years. It really didn't make sense to put that park downtown when they had tons of room up around the Kings Island area.

If you don't think they draw much of a crowd now, it would be even worse if they were located that far out of town.

TOBTTReds
08-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Starting tomorrow

RedFanAlways1966
08-06-2006, 08:23 PM
I checked back to the 1990 season at the same time of the year...

* REDS vs. LA Dodgers, Aug. 7-9 (Tue-Thur).
>> REDS are in 1st place: 5 up on San Fran, 8 up on LA.
>> LA is still considered a rival in the NL West.
>> Attendance: 31,184 ; 30,700 ; 30,891. Avg. = 30,925 per game.

30,925 per game (weekday series) to see the 1st-place REDS play their dreaded rival while battling for the playoffs at the first part of August. A REDS team that had not seen the playoffs since 1979 (11 years!).