PDA

View Full Version : Cards will win the NL Central...

Matt700wlw
08-06-2006, 12:36 PM
...according to Steve Phillips.

We shall see what we shall see. He could be right, but I'm not going to jump on the Cardinals bandwagon yet....it's a tight race, and it's only early August.

I think it's funny ESPN uses one of the worst GM's to analyze baseball, player moves, and what teams need to do to win. What's he know? :D

redsfan30
08-06-2006, 12:40 PM
He also said the Reds will win the Wild Card....

Falls City Beer
08-06-2006, 12:42 PM
I think Steve Phillips' hair could win the Central.

cinredsfan2000
08-06-2006, 12:43 PM
I agree about phillip's you have to wonder how many casual sports fans take his word as gospel . As far as the worse g.m. wouldnt that be a dead heat between phillips and Dan O';)

fearofpopvol1
08-06-2006, 12:45 PM
He also said the trade with Kearns and Lopez may be the worst he has ever heard of.

Then turned around after the deadline and said the Reds came out the biggest winners. I don't think he has a brain of his own.

Matt700wlw
08-06-2006, 12:49 PM
I agree about phillip's you have to wonder how many casual sports fans take his word as gospel . As far as the worse g.m. wouldnt that be a dead heat between phillips and Dan O';)

But DanO doesn't have the personality to be on TV :)

smith288
08-06-2006, 12:50 PM
I think Steve Phillips' hair could win the Central.
He does have a fantastic head of hair. But that dont win ya ball games.

Matt700wlw
08-06-2006, 12:50 PM
He also said the trade with Kearns and Lopez may be the worst he has ever heard of.

Then turned around after the deadline and said the Reds came out the biggest winners. I don't think he has a brain of his own.

Thank you, Buster Olney, who called him out.

I thought it was rather entertaining :)

Ltlabner
08-06-2006, 12:55 PM
But DanO doesn't have the personality to be on TV :)

TV doesn't have enough air time for DanO. He couldn't hit a 2minute post for his analysis of a team if his life depended on it. He'd be just getting through his opening comments when the commericals fired up.

MWM
08-06-2006, 12:56 PM
The Cards aren't a very good team, but they're not near as bad as this losing streak. And they're going to brek out of it and probably go one a winning streak. I just don't see the Reds winning the Division. The wild card is possible, but the Cards will definitely win the division.

BrooklynRedz
08-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Steve Phillips....

What's he know? :D

You mean besides how to "work" his way through a secretary pool?

Falls City Beer
08-06-2006, 01:11 PM
You mean besides how to "work" his way through a secretary pool?

Zing!

Jim Schue
08-06-2006, 01:14 PM
I think I read somewhere that there has never been a team win a division that had two losing streaks of eight games or longer the way St.Louis has.

TeamBoone
08-06-2006, 01:24 PM
I think I read somewhere that there has never been a team win a division that had two losing streaks of eight games or longer the way St.Louis has.

The FOX pregame crew said that yesterday before the Reds game started.

BrooklynRedz
08-06-2006, 01:26 PM

Didn't the Reds win the '90 WS having suffered two losing 8-game losing streaks? First team to have done so?

MWM
08-06-2006, 02:28 PM

What's worse, two 8 game losing streaks or four 5 game losing streaks? The Reds are the latter.

Matt700wlw
08-06-2006, 02:30 PM
What's worse, two 8 game losing streaks or four 5 game losing streaks? The Reds are the latter.

Depends on if the team behind you is on a winning streak during their losing streak.

The Reds, obvious by the standings, haven't been.

DocEllis
08-06-2006, 09:22 PM
I think that it will be fun for the Cardinals to actually have a race for the division...and it is nice that the Reds are in the hunt.

fielder's choice
08-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Some idiot on 1530 the homer was discussing the NL Central and said he thinks the Cardinals will hold on because "When you're depending on Kyle Lohse to start, you've got problems." Meanwhile the Cards run out Jeff Weaver every 5th day. :laugh:

DocEllis
08-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Not really running Weaver out every 5th day actually.

Waiting on Mulder to rehab..and if he doesn't return to form then maybe Weaver.

TeamSelig
08-07-2006, 01:17 AM
I like listening to Steve Phillips, but thats just me. Can't really blame the guy for thinking the Cards will win the division, so does everyone else that isn't a Reds fan

KYRed
08-07-2006, 01:43 AM
Not really running Weaver out every 5th day actually.

Waiting on Mulder to rehab..and if he doesn't return to form then maybe Weaver.

Either way, hopefully we take FULL advantage of getting to see Weaver on Monday. Even if he stays in their rotation the rest of the year, this is the only time we'll see him with how the schedule plays out.

Since he came over to the NL he has a 8.68 ERA in 4 games and is only going an average of 4 2/3 innings a start.

Brutus
08-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Either way, hopefully we take FULL advantage of getting to see Weaver on Monday. Even if he stays in their rotation the rest of the year, this is the only time we'll see him with how the schedule plays out.

Since he came over to the NL he has a 8.68 ERA in 4 games and is only going an average of 4 2/3 innings a start.

Let's hope they take full advantage on Monday. As for the rest of the season - I get the feeling he won't be around that long.

Adam Wainwright anyone?