PDA

View Full Version : We are going to kick St. Lou's BUTT!!

major harris
08-06-2006, 05:36 PM
:beerme: :beerme:

Who is with me?

Biggest series since 1999.

This is what its all about.

:evil:

HumnHilghtFreel
08-06-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm all for it! lol :D

Falls City Beer
08-06-2006, 05:39 PM
I doubt it. They have a bullpen.

wojo1025
08-06-2006, 05:44 PM

I'm sorry, but Jorge Sosa (DFA'd by the Braves WHILE LOOKING FOR BULLPEN HELP); Josh Hancock (released from the Reds when the bullpen was flat awful); Braden Looper (Mets couldn't WAIT to get rid of this guy)...these guys do not scare me a whole lot. And the last time we met the Cards, seemed like Izzy was very hittable. Jeff Weaver pitching tomorrow doesn't really scare me. He's a flyball pitcher pitching in a sandbox. EZ needs to give us some good innings tomorrow and I think we'll be on our way.

I am looking forward to this series. :beerme: I am with you!!!! Bring on the $1 HOT DOGS

OnBaseMachine
08-06-2006, 05:46 PM
The Reds are going to punch the Cards right in the fist with their face!

fielder's choice
08-06-2006, 06:05 PM
I doubt it. They won't be fooling around this time, and they have the advantage of not having the worst manager in baseball.

Tommyjohn25
08-06-2006, 07:01 PM
I doubt it. They won't be fooling around this time, and they have the advantage of not having the worst manager in baseball.

:rolleyes:

fielder's choice
08-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Who else leaves Majewski in that game after he gave up those 2 basehits?LaRussa isn't the best manager in the world, but he knows enough to take a pitcher who is in trouble out, especially if they have been getting smashed ever since they put your uniform on. I'm getting sick and tired of watching JN give games away on a silver platter.

KronoRed
08-06-2006, 07:18 PM
They will long remember this trip to Cincy as the time they were throttled without mercy

captainmorgan07
08-06-2006, 07:41 PM
amen brother im feeling first place forget about today's loss things like that happen

UPRedsFan
08-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Who else leaves Majewski in that game after he gave up those 2 basehits?LaRussa isn't the best manager in the world, but he knows enough to take a pitcher who is in trouble out, especially if they have been getting smashed ever since they put your uniform on. I'm getting sick and tired of watching JN give games away on a silver platter.
He had to leave him in. Don't want to ruin your bullpen before the Cardinals series. Guardado, Weathers and Cormier all had to rest and Coffey couldn't pitch two innings and still be available. Now MJ should be relegated to mop up against the Cardinals which I hope means we won't see him for the next four games.

joshnky
08-06-2006, 08:31 PM

Check that one out. LaRussa is just as bad as Narron. See: Jason Marquis and the poundings he takes to get his 5 innings in.

DocEllis
08-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Check that one out. LaRussa is just as bad as Narron. See: Jason Marquis and the poundings he takes to get his 5 innings in.

I think LaRussa leaves Marquis in to take those poundings because a) Marquis is durable and it saves the bullpen and b)Marquis' outings are so wildly diverse that LaRussa sits dumbfounded by his efforts.

Sean_CaseyRules
08-06-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm with ya Major!!!!!!!!!!!! :beerme: :beerme:

Cedric
08-06-2006, 10:19 PM

Come on Steven A Smith, the Cardinals are an average baseball team. You should at least lie to yourself and count on the best.

wojo1025
08-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Please people, this is a topic on positive thinking and trying to get excited for the Cards series. If you are going to come in here and be negative, start a "who thinks we're going to get crushed" topic.

That being said, KICK SOME BUTT REDS

BigREDSfaninKY
08-06-2006, 11:19 PM
Jeff Weaver pitching tomorrow doesn't really scare me. He's a flyball pitcher pitching in a sandbox.

Before we get carried away with Weaver pitching in Great American, he has made 2 starts here before. He is 2-0, 1.84 ERA, 0.89 WHIP and .189 BAA, 14.2 IP 10 hits 3 runs (all earned), 2 walks and 15 k's. The way the offense has been going lately, a Weaver quality start wouldn't surprise me.

jnwohio
08-06-2006, 11:20 PM
The Wild Card changes the dynamic of this series. While the teams are against each other in the Central, they also each lead a race on their own. So, in their heart of hearts both managers would probably take a split without even playing the games if the devil or whomever showed up tonite and offered it to them.

Both teams have shown a propensity for streaks good and bad. Either could light up out of the gate Monday and leave the other in the dust or on the other hand win big tomorrow then go south for 3. I look for a 3-1 in favor of Monday's winner.

fisch11
08-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Hopefully, after this series we can throw out the term "wild card."

wojo1025
08-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Before we get carried away with Weaver pitching in Great American, he has made 2 starts here before. He is 2-0, 1.84 ERA, 0.89 WHIP and .189 BAA, 14.2 IP 10 hits 3 runs (all earned), 2 walks and 15 k's. The way the offense has been going lately, a Weaver quality start wouldn't surprise me.

So he's due for a blow up in GAB~!!!!~

KoryMac5
08-07-2006, 12:29 AM
If you can't get excited about this series than you have no Red blood left pumping through your veins. We are going to crush the Cards, the pitching matchups are lined up perfectly for us to take two of three from the Cards.

Newman4
08-07-2006, 12:30 AM
Anyone else remember the Astros series in '99 when the Reds came in 4 GB and left tied after a sweep? Let's do this. :thumbup: I'm with ya, major harris even if you did go to WVU!

Blue
08-07-2006, 01:37 AM
If you can't get excited about this series than you have no Red blood left pumping through your veins. We are going to crush the Cards, the pitching matchups are lined up perfectly for us to take two of three from the Cards.

They wish! Unfortunately for them, this is a 4 GAME SERIES!!! Our pitchers have the ERA edge in 3 of 4!

vaticanplum
08-07-2006, 01:50 AM
The Cubs recently swept St. Louis in four games. If they can...

I have given Narron the benefit of the doubt a lot of the time, but I do think today's loss can be placed pretty squarely on his shoulders. That almost encourages me, in a bizarre way. The team had the ability to sweep Atlanta had the right decisions been made. And I get the impression Narron has already taken some heat for his decisions, so maybe he'll think better next time...and I also do believe that some of those were made with an eye towards keeping the relief corps fresh for the next four days. Friday's game felt to me like a real breakthrough in momentum after the Dodgers series, and I don't think today was enough to destroy that completely.

Our offense seems to be heating up, so I am most worried about the pitching. But if I were a St. Louis fan I'd be worried about their pitching too. So we'll see. I'd be content with a split, but I think we have the ability to do better than that.

REDREAD
08-07-2006, 09:38 AM
A split would be ok, but it would really be helpful to take 3 out of 4.

We've got two teams only 1 game back in the wildcard. I'd love to get a little distance there and also climb closer to the division lead.

Our fate is in our own hands. We need to kick some RedBird Booty!

BuckWoody
08-07-2006, 09:56 AM
No doubt this is our biggest series since '99. 3 out of 4 would go a long way toward securing a playoff spot...that's what we need here.

Let's go boys!!!

...and I also do believe that some of those were made with an eye towards keeping the relief corps fresh for the next four days.
I with you on that thought VP. It sure looked terrible to keep Majewski out there yesterday but I understand the line of thinking. We'll see if it pays off with a more rested bullpen for this week. Here's hoping...

huber14
08-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Im so exited to get down to the Ballpark today i dont really want to do work right now. I think im going sneak out of work early to get down to the Ballpark early, I feel its worth the risk of getting fired. Man i dont want to be at work right now.

But the record so far when im in attendance 0-4 :bang:, i must be bad luck

Sean_CaseyRules
08-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Splitting this series was more than a lot of people expected for our Redlegs to do, and there are somethings that we can take from this series that we can be really excited about.

Ltlabner
08-11-2006, 09:26 AM
After getting pounded by LA and the first game with St. Louis, some here declared the season over and that we should all pack up and go home.

It's nice too see them at least spit the serries, however, I would have liked to see them take 3 out of 4 to both "make a statement" and move closer in the standings.

We have to go to Phili for 3 and then back to the Cards for 3. Every extra game at this point is becomming mega-critical.

Then we have the west-coast road trip that will either keep us in the hunt or put us down for good.

So while happy we didn't go backwards, I'm dissapointed that we couldn't have carved out one more game.