PDA

View Full Version : Five Questions That Beg to be Answered

Joseph
08-06-2006, 06:19 PM
The over under is 2.5 wins for the Cardinal series, so what do you say, over or under?

Harang vs Carpenter the sequel. Who wins this time?

Jeff 'Don't call me Milton' Weaver pitches in game 1 for the Cardinals, how many homers do the Redlegs hit against the lanky right hander?

Does Kyle Lohse get to make the next scheduled start in the 5th spot in the rotation?

What is the single most important batting statistic? [OPS, Avg, RC/27, RBI, something else]

fielder's choice
08-06-2006, 06:22 PM
5. Average

;)

major harris
08-06-2006, 06:26 PM
The over under is 2.5 wins for the Cardinal series, so what do you say, over or under?

Jeff 'Don't call me Milton' Weaver pitches in game 1 for the Cardinals, how many homers do the Redlegs hit against the lanky right hander?

Does Kyle Lohse get to make the next scheduled start in the 5th spot in the rotation?

What is the single most important batting statistic? [OPS, Avg, RC/27, RBI, something else]

10/1 on a sweep....lay the cash.

Harang vs Carpenter the sequel. Who wins this time? Harang.

Jeff 'Don't call me Milton' Weaver pitches in game 1 for the Cardinals, how many homers do the Redlegs hit against the lanky right hander? 3

Nope....Arroyo on Thursday. Afternoon delight.

Average with R/ In scoring position.

Falls City Beer
08-06-2006, 06:42 PM
I'll say the Reds win tomorrow's game in dramatic fashion, but then get utterly demolished in the next three.

traderumor
08-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Number 6. Who can I call on my cell phone from church camp at about 10 oclock each night for the results?;)

reds44
08-06-2006, 06:51 PM
1. Over. I am going to say we take 3 of 4.
2. Harang (if his thumb is fine). We tend to hit well against good pitchers.
3. 3. Dunn, Hatte, Edwin
4. Yep.
5. Depends the type of player he is.

Spring~Fields
08-06-2006, 07:19 PM
1. Will Narron pitch to Pujols when the game is on the line?

KalDanielsfan
08-06-2006, 07:40 PM

1) Under
2) Harang gets the lone win fo sho
3) zero. weaver comes out and has a great game
4) Yes. and he will give up 4 runs in 5 innings work--but we still might win right fellas? since our bullpen is "THE BEST" :bang:
5) RBI

Highlifeman21
08-06-2006, 07:44 PM
1. Under - 2 to 2
2. Carpenter - Harang's thumb may be an issue
3. 2 - One by Dunn, one by EE as a PH
4. Yes - Lohse makes another start in the 5 spot
5. Offensive Winshares

TeamBoone
08-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Number 6. Who can I call on my cell phone from church camp at about 10 oclock each night for the results?;)

Me. I'm always up. Or, if you have texting capability, I'll be glad to send you a text message. If you're serious, PM me.

As long as he gets run support, I think Harang will win... Carpenter has not been all that sharp since he came off the DL (he's on my fantasy team).

Tommyjohn25
08-06-2006, 08:46 PM

Me as well, I'm always up.

Team Clark
08-06-2006, 08:48 PM
(he's on my fantasy team).

I am hoping that I still am too... ;)

redsmetz
08-06-2006, 08:55 PM

Look for a burning bush....

Or open your Bible to the Gospel of John where it says, "In the Big Inning"...

traderumor
08-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Look for a burning bush....

Or open your Bible to the Gospel of John where it says, "In the Big Inning"...Maybe the score will be written in the sky?

Thanks for the offers, guys, but I was only kidding, I think...
Yea, I was kidding, plus I'm not sure if I'll have service. I will have to live without the Reds for a series...unless there is a need for someone to run to the gas station, say, Wednesday morning and I could pick up a USA Today...:help:

redsmetz
08-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Maybe the score will be written in the sky?

Thanks for the offers, guys, but I was only kidding, I think...
Yea, I was kidding, plus I'm not sure if I'll have service. I will have to live without the Reds for a series...unless there is a need for someone to run to the gas station, say, Wednesday morning and I could pick up a USA Today...:help:

Can we at least say the Reds will have a prayer?

Joseph
08-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Over

Harang

Yes and he dare I say, earned it.

Not a clue, thats why I asked. I grew up, like most, thinking it was batting average or RBI, and have at one time or another subscribed to OPS, and RC, and probably a few other things at varying times.

BigREDSfaninKY
08-06-2006, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=Joseph]

[/QUOT

1. Under, Reds/Cards split 4 game series.

2. Carpenter, 2-1.

3. 1-Dunn (Although Freel better start, lifetime 5 for 9, Junior does have 2 lifetime homers against Weaver but there are the only 2 hits off of Weaver, 2-20. Hatteberg is surprisingly 3-20 with 6 k's against Weaver).

4. Yes

5. I would've normally said BA, but now I believe OBP is. I'm not a big believer in OPS because I don't like the slugging percentage stat, never seen the need for it. I don't even know what RC/27 is.

Freddie_Free
08-07-2006, 12:12 AM

1. Over, 3.
2. Harang
3. 3 HR's Phillips, Dunn, Jr. (To Left) :thumbup:
4. Yes, quality start next time out.
5. VORP

DocEllis
08-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Carp

vaticanplum
08-07-2006, 12:21 AM

Text googl (466-45). Type in "reds score". It will immediately send you two messages: the score of the current (or last ended) game, complete with runs scored per inning, and the second message giving the time of the next game.

It's a lifesaver while traveling. Be careful not to get carried away, though...you can end up texting every ten minutes if you're not careful...eight cents a text...:help:

blumj
08-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Hatteberg is surprisingly 3-20 with 6 k's against Weaver
That was when Weaver was good, a long time ago.

Shaggy Sanchez
08-07-2006, 12:43 AM

1. Under
2. Harang
3. 0 The Reds never hit well against the pitchers that they should.
4. Yes, he will be the #5 starter from here out.
5. Whichever one you are sorting through at the time.

KYRed
08-07-2006, 12:58 AM
Text googl (466-45). Type in "reds score". It will immediately send you two messages: the score of the current (or last ended) game, complete with runs scored per inning, and the second message giving the time of the next game.

It's a lifesaver while traveling. Be careful not to get carried away, though...you can end up texting every ten minutes if you're not careful...eight cents a text...:help:

Here's another way to get any score, and for free or nearly free (using 1 minute off your monthly cell plan).

Call 800-555-8355. Also known as 800-555-TELL. It's a free service that has tons of options. Get any sports score, local weather report, national flight schedules, news updates, entertainment news, etc. I really only use it for a sports score if I'm out somewhere and wondering.

It uses a voice system, along with also allowing a choice by typing in the start of the word. For example, when the system picks up the call, just clearly say "Sports". Or you could type in "776", for S-P-O.

Super speed way to get free Reds score:
Say "Sports"
Say "Baseball"
Say "Reds"

You'll have the score (and inning if not complete) in under 10 seconds from the time you call. I know some have internet plans or texting ones, but I'm cheap and don't pay the extra for "media packages" so I just saved the number into my phone and can quick dial it!

camisadelgolf
08-07-2006, 03:34 AM
Under: The Reds split the series as they win the low-scoring games and lose the high-scoring games.

It comes down to the bullpen, and the Reds edge it out.

The Reds hit one homerun off Weaver, an opposite field shot by Denorfia.

Lohse makes another solid start, and everyone wonders what to do with Claussen (who will eventually take Elizardo Ramirez's spot due to injury).

The most important batting stat is runs: When you score more runs than the other team, you win.

Jpup
08-07-2006, 08:11 AM
The over under is 2.5 wins for the Cardinal series, so what do you say, over or under? 4

Harang vs Carpenter the sequel. Who wins this time? Harang, again.

Jeff 'Don't call me Milton' Weaver pitches in game 1 for the Cardinals, how many homers do the Redlegs hit against the lanky right hander? 2

Does Kyle Lohse get to make the next scheduled start in the 5th spot in the rotation? Yes, of course, who else are they going to start?

What is the single most important batting statistic? [OPS, Avg, RC/27, RBI, something else] If I had to pick one, I would say OBP.

my answers are in bold.

dabvu2498
08-07-2006, 08:57 AM
1. Under
2. Harang
3. Who cares so long as they win!
4. Yeah, sure, why not?
5. Triples... definately triples.

Redhook
08-07-2006, 09:08 AM

1) Under - I'd be happy with a split.
2) Carpenter this time. Harang doesn't pitch as well at home. Harang will beat Carpenter in St. Louie next time around though to take the lead against Carpenter.
3) 2 home runs
4) Absolutely
5) Scrappiness

traderumor
08-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Here's another way to get any score, and for free or nearly free (using 1 minute off your monthly cell plan).

Call 800-555-8355. Also known as 800-555-TELL. It's a free service that has tons of options. Get any sports score, local weather report, national flight schedules, news updates, entertainment news, etc. I really only use it for a sports score if I'm out somewhere and wondering.

It uses a voice system, along with also allowing a choice by typing in the start of the word. For example, when the system picks up the call, just clearly say "Sports". Or you could type in "776", for S-P-O.

Say "Sports"
Say "Baseball"
Say "Reds"

You'll have the score (and inning if not complete) in under 10 seconds from the time you call. I know some have internet plans or texting ones, but I'm cheap and don't pay the extra for "media packages" so I just saved the number into my phone and can quick dial it!
Just entered it to my phone and got it to work. As long as I have service, I'm set. Thanks alot :thumbup:

Redhook
08-07-2006, 09:24 AM

Say "Sports"
Say "Baseball"
Say "Reds"

Just tried it. It's great. Thank you!

Johnny Footstool
08-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Is "buntability" a batting statistic?

GitRDunn
08-07-2006, 09:52 AM

"Are you saying Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball???"

KalDanielsfan
08-07-2006, 11:07 PM
1) Under
2) Harang gets the lone win fo sho
3) zero. weaver comes out and has a great game
4) Yes. and he will give up 4 runs in 5 innings work--but we still might win right fellas? since our bullpen is "THE BEST" :bang:
5) RBI

Yep. I called it.... *pats himself on the back*