PDA

View Full Version : Right Field

runfreelrun
08-06-2006, 08:46 PM
This is the first time in a long time that I can remeber thinking that we need another outfielder. Yes, we traded from a position of depth to strengthen a position of weakness (pitching), but in the mean time we have no legitimate everyday replacement at the major league level. Yes we have Bruce, Stubbs, Syzmanski etc. but Freel is not an everyday option because, I can't believe I'm saying this he "plays to hard" and hurts himself. Plus he is probably better suited for the infield. The biggest disappointment for me so far with Krivsky is the short sidedness we had with the rightfield position as we have painted ourselves into a corner and there seems to be no way out this year.

Cedric
08-06-2006, 08:47 PM
This is the first time in a long time that I can remeber thinking that we need another outfielder. Yes, we traded from a position of depth to strengthen a position of weakness (pitching), but in the mean time we have no legitimate everyday replacement at the major league level. Yes we have Bruce, Stubbs, Syzmanski etc. but Freel is not an everyday option because, I can't believe I'm saying this he "plays to hard" and hurts himself. Plus he is probably better suited for the infield. The biggest disappointment for me so far with Krivsky is the short sidedness we had with the rightfield position as we have painted ourselves into a corner and there seems to be no way out this year.

You can't blame Krivsky for that. Most people on this board wanted Denorfia in the lineup and we all believed he was ready.

I wouldn't say he's toast now either. He needs some patience.

Ltlabner
08-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Wow,

How quickly Deno has fallen.

Shouldn't he be allowed to play through his stuggles just like EE? Or since he's not fighting for playing time with a dreaded "scrappy vet" is it not as fashinable to fight for his right to party....um, I mean play.

Rex Argos
08-06-2006, 09:15 PM
It's funny how a week ago, Deno was the greatest thing since sliced bread. He has one lousy weekend, and now folks are saying he's not ready. I think for now, he's our fourth outfielder and not Griffey's heir apparent in CF.

KronoRed
08-06-2006, 09:18 PM
I think Deno/Freel will be fine in RF for the rest of this season

James B.
08-06-2006, 09:30 PM
It's amazing. A player has a couple bad games and people want them replaced. I'm glad some people on this board is not ruuning the reds. We would have a new team every month. Right field is going to be fine for the rest of the year. The reds need Freel playing at least five days a week, while we are fighting for the playoffs. They need his energy at the top of the lineup.

The problem in this lineup is shortstop. They had one of the best young shortstops in the game and gave him away. As it has been noted though, they have a fine shortstop on this team (Phillips) and could play Aurilia at second but for some reason refuse to do so.

flyer85
08-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Reds need another LHB for reserve duty and PHing.

KalDanielsfan
08-06-2006, 09:31 PM
i have herm winningham's phone number if you want