PDA

View Full Version : Pitchers the Reds should look to acquire.

TC81190
08-07-2006, 11:19 PM
Carlos Silva
Victor Santos
Salomon Torres
Geoff Geary
Joaquin Benoit
Elmer Dessens
Brandon Medders
Jesse Crain
Doug Waechter
Brandon Duckworth

These are a few names that I'd ponder. All these players could be had for little to nothing. What they all have in common is that they have had bad luck coupled with the fact that they play for teams with defenses actually worse than our own, which means that they should almost certainly improve some.

Ravenlord
08-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Carlos Silva?

TC81190
08-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Carlos Silva?

The Twins rank below us in defensive effiency, Silva is a groundballer for the most part, and has had some bad luck with a 342 BABIP.

Ravenlord
08-07-2006, 11:38 PM
The Twins rank below us in defensive effiency, Silva is a groundballer for the most part, and has had some bad luck with a 342 BABIP.
he makes Jimmy Anderson look like Nolan Ryan.

less than 4 career K/9 and a paltry 461 SLG against....he's also not even as big a groundball pitcher as Orca was.

Big Klu
08-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Elmer Dessens pitches for the Dodgers.

CTA513
08-08-2006, 12:00 AM
The Reds always have Joe Mays in AAA if they need another pitcher.

:ughmamoru

edabbs44
08-08-2006, 12:11 AM
The Reds always have Joe Mays in AAA if they need another pitcher.

:ughmamoru
:barf:

KronoRed
08-08-2006, 04:37 AM
This list fills me with fear and dread.

RedLegSuperStar
08-08-2006, 08:57 AM
Carlos Silva
Victor Santos
Salomon Torres
Geoff Geary
Joaquin Benoit
Elmer Dessens
Brandon Medders
Jesse Crain
Doug Waechter
Brandon Duckworth

These are a few names that I'd ponder. All these players could be had for little to nothing. What they all have in common is that they have had bad luck coupled with the fact that they play for teams with defenses actually worse than our own, which means that they should almost certainly improve some.

I don't think Crain and Benoit could be had for little to nothing.

As for Silva.. still don't like him ever since he threw at Kearns and Dunn was on first and Dunn started heading to the mound.

Heath
08-08-2006, 09:57 AM
There are reasons why pitchers are available in August.

Just sayin'.

Big Klu
08-08-2006, 10:34 AM
I don't think Crain and Benoit could be had for little to nothing.

As for Silva.. still don't like him ever since he threw at Kearns and Dunn was on first and Dunn started heading to the mound.

I thought he threw at Dunn, and when Dunn charged the mound the catcher tackled him before he could get there, and then Silva hit him with a couple of cheap shots while he was down. After that, Casey blind-sided Silva from first base.

Ltlabner
08-08-2006, 10:48 AM
This list fills me with fear and dread.

But I thought there was a laundry list of great young pitchers that were available for next to nothing? Where did they all go? ;)

KronoRed
08-08-2006, 04:44 PM
I thought he threw at Dunn, and when Dunn charged the mound the catcher tackled him before he could get there, and then Silva hit him with a couple of cheap shots while he was down. After that, Casey blind-sided Silva from first base.
Yep, not only did he take some cheat shots at Dunn, he missed.

He's a weenie.

Tommyjohn25
08-08-2006, 04:59 PM
He's a weenie.

:laugh: I haven't seen that word used in a long time!! I'm gonna have to use that on someone today! :laugh:

RedLegSuperStar
08-08-2006, 05:44 PM

Klu.. I think your right.. I recall Kearns being involved though.