PDA

View Full Version : Good team we have here..

A-Dub
08-07-2006, 10:36 PM
The bullpen is supposedly better? Right...

Who's batting leadoff?

We have Harang and who else as starters? Don't even start with Arroyo.

Narron? Haha, maybe he'll figure it out to start EE everyday and to sit the fools like Majewski(thank the lord for the DL).

The only thing I like about this team is Adam Dunn, Aaron Harang, Ryan Freel's effort, Ken Griffey Jr's legacy that continues with each homerun, Brandon Phillips occasional offensive outbursts, and the effort given by David Ross.

Now pardon me for my horrible opinions or typing for that matter. This loss tonight led me to start drinking too much wine around ummm, the first inning. I love the effort Krivsky is making but this team needs to catch a couple lucky breaks to get their confidence back and as a result, hopefully more wins.

KalDanielsfan
08-07-2006, 10:56 PM
i like this guy...

cincrazy
08-08-2006, 12:11 AM
One game. It was a BAD game, but we still have as good a shot as any of those West teams in getting the wild card, and the Central race isn't over yet either.

KalDanielsfan
08-08-2006, 01:48 AM
Stop making excuses for our team, for Krivsky, for ESPN, for SI.Com for anybody.

Krivsky screwed up. big time. am i the only person who saw this after the Kearns/Lopez debacle? How many times in the past have we been here folks? Leading the Wild card/division or being in the "thick" of things, and then roll into august and have a complete meltdown. How many times has this happened the past 15 years???

A lot. thats how many. Or how about, EVERYTIME. quit saying its only one game or "give it time." Skids like this are our forte'. Sure we take it one game at a time---unfortunately we LOSE one game at a time until we are out of it.

I dont understand how there isnt more anger about this. It baffles me that you will flame me for speaking my mind and wanting the Reds to DO BETTER than they are.

I'm ready to pack it up. This roster is garbage. and so is the GM.

copy and paste that and send it to me in October. And I'll laugh at you.

peace.

flyer85
08-08-2006, 01:50 AM
just in case the Reds were wonderin, the Cards put their signed, sealed, delivered stamp on things this evening

reds44
08-08-2006, 01:52 AM
Krivsky messed up with the Kearns/FeLo deal.

That doesn't change the fact that tonight was only 1 game.

KalDanielsfan
08-08-2006, 01:53 AM
yeah we're 3-7 in our last 10 games....

reds44
08-08-2006, 01:53 AM
So are the Cardinals.

KalDanielsfan
08-08-2006, 01:54 AM
just in case the Reds were wonderin, the Cards put their signed, sealed, delivered stamp on things this evening

thank you!

i wish i could give u a good reputation thing on here...

KalDanielsfan
08-08-2006, 01:55 AM
So are the Cardinals.

I'll take a talented team with experience over an average team with high hopes, any day.

reds44
08-08-2006, 01:58 AM
I'll take a talented team with experience over an average team with high hopes, any day.
Ok?

The Cardinals have lost 8 in a row twice this year. They aren't exactly the 27 Yankees.

KalDanielsfan
08-08-2006, 02:03 AM
Ok?

The Cardinals have lost 8 in a row twice this year. They aren't exactly the 27 Yankees.

Pujols, edmonds, rolen, taguchi, molina eckstein, encarnacion?? cmon. i'll take those guys at every position over anybody the reds have in their respective positions..

phillips has the nod over belliard..Cool.

And its obvious they have a better rotation than we do. and bullpen.

and they wre in the world series 2 years ago.

they are most certainly more talented than the reds.

RedEye
08-08-2006, 02:03 AM
Something better change over the next few days, or this team is going to be buried by that "not exactly the 27 Yankees" team. As much as I'd hate to see the Reds fall out of the race, part of me kind of hopes it happens so that we stop acquiring mediocre middle relief pitching for our best minor league (and major league) talent.

In his recent acquisitions, I feel like Wayne is playing the World Series of poker. It's nice to see him take on the high stakes table since DanO never seemed willing... but it's pretty demoralizing to see him go all in with a pair of twos.

Or something like that.

MWM
08-08-2006, 02:04 AM
It was one game, nothing more nothing less.

reds44
08-08-2006, 02:06 AM
Pujols, edmonds, rolen, taguchi, molina eckstein, encarnacion?? cmon. i'll take those guys at every position over anybody the reds have in their respective positions..

phillips has the nod over belliard..Cool.

And its obvious they have a better rotation than we do. and bullpen.

and they wre in the world series 2 years ago.

they are most certainly more talented than the reds.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You would take Taguchi over Dunn?
Molina over Ross?

The Cardinals are a better team then the Reds. I'm not arguing that.

However nothing you say will change the fact that today we only played 1 game. We could have lost 40-0, and we still would have only played 1 game.

RedsMan3203
08-08-2006, 02:25 AM
Hey... Did you forget we still have 3 games against them this home stand and we are throwing the horses at them?

Even with Milton pitching I feel as if we have a great chance of winning the next 3....

Its just one game brother... Nothing to get worked up about....

wojo1025
08-08-2006, 02:28 AM
, part of me kind of hopes it happens so that we stop acquiring mediocre middle relief pitching for our best minor league (and major league) talent.

Holy crap, we traded Homer, Bruce, Votto, Dunn, Phillips, Bray.......DAMN IT WAYNE

KalDanielsfan
08-08-2006, 02:28 AM
Hey... Did you forget we still have 3 games against them this home stand and we are throwing the horses at them?

Even with Milton pitching I feel as if we have a great chance of winning the next 3....

Its just one game brother... Nothing to get worked up about....

my point is that we've all been down this road before. we end up melting down in august and playing our way OUT of contention.

and it doesnt look like its gonna get any better with these F.O. moves. actually worse than all those years in hte past.

I was telling my buddy the other day, getting rid of Kearns reminds me of when we got rid of Paul Oneill. both local boys who grew up on the Reds and given up on waaaay to early in their careers.

the curse of Paul ONeill...who went on to win how many with the Yanks????

reds44
08-08-2006, 02:30 AM
Giving up Austin Kearns will not be the downfall of the team this year. Freel is a more then adequate replacement for him.

KalDanielsfan
08-08-2006, 02:31 AM
Giving up Austin Kearns will not be the downfall of the team this year. Freel is a more then adequate replacement for him.

yeah we thought that about Roberto Kelly too

reds44
08-08-2006, 02:32 AM
yeah we thought that about Roberto Kelly too
I'm not old enough to remember that, but did Kelly ever have a .390 OBP and steal over 30 bases in a season?

Doubt it.

RedsMan3203
08-08-2006, 02:33 AM
Hey Reds44 - Its only one game :)

WVRedsFan
08-08-2006, 02:34 AM
I'm not old enough to remember that, but did Kelly ever have a .390 OBP and steal over 30 bases in a season?

Doubt it.

Let's look at how many runs a .390 OBP and 30 stolen bases gives us.

that's the key.

reds44
08-08-2006, 02:35 AM

that's the key.
Alot.

I'd take those numbers from our right fielder EVERY year.

KalDanielsfan
08-08-2006, 02:36 AM

Doubt it.

Roberto Kelly was one of teh highest touted prospects coming up through the Yankee organization. and to compare the two (freel and him), based on scouting reports, yeah Kelly was suppose to be better than those numbers fo sho.

he just never panned out (obviously)

reds44
08-08-2006, 02:36 AM
Roberto Kelly was one of teh highest touted prospects coming up through the Yankee organization. and to compare the two (freel and him), based on scouting reports, yeah Kelly was suppose to be better than those numbers fo sho.

he just never panned out (obviously)
He was a prospect.

Ryan Freel is producing at the major league level.

BIG difference.

KalDanielsfan
08-08-2006, 02:37 AM
also i hope u realized we traded Oneil to the yankees for Roberto Kelly..just making sure in case my arguement makes no sesne

KalDanielsfan
08-08-2006, 02:38 AM
He was a prospect.

BIG difference.

you're right about that. im not arguing......... I'll take freel over a roberto kelly anyday. but thats not my arguement. my only pont is that this kearns trade reminds me of the oneill trade thats all.

oregonred
08-08-2006, 02:42 AM
It's one game...

Keep in minds these invincible Cards have had the following games since the AS Break;

Back to Back 15-3 and 14-5 losses to the Braves sandwiced in-between an 8-game winning streak (at the Dodgers expense pre-trades)

Back-back 16-8 and 8-1 losses to the Phils last week in the middle of an ugly 8-game losing streak.

The Reds had a 5-game winning streak vs. the Cards including a 3-game thrashing in St Louis.

This is the first game in 23 since the AS Break that the Reds weren't right in it from the 7th inning onward.

Time to circle the wagons.

Both of these teams have flaws for sure.

Baseball is a funny game...

RadfordVA
08-08-2006, 05:35 AM
thank you!

i wish i could give u a good reputation thing on here...

Dont worry, judging by your own reputation points it shouldnt be long before you are able give those out.

redsmetz
08-08-2006, 05:46 AM
the curse of Paul ONeill...who went on to win how many with the Yanks????

Yeah, I don't think the Nats are going to be winning anything for a while now. Kearns might have a career like O'Neill's someday, but it won't be while winning anything in Washington.

And, as I said on the ORG game thread - it was just one game. It wasn't a pretty one and there might be more like, but we're more likely to see singnificantly more competitive games down the line.

MaineRed
08-08-2006, 06:21 AM
Kearns was in the minor leagues last year.

Get over the guy. He is an average corner OFer, at best.

The Reds don't miss him anymore now than they missed him in the past when he was in Louisiville.

VI_RedsFan
08-08-2006, 06:28 AM
Who's batting leadoff?

Ryan Freel. Do you even watch the Reds?

We have Harang and who else as starters? Don't even start with Arroyo.

Actually I will start with Arroyo:

9-7 3.47 ERA 127 Ks

I'll take those stats any day.

Redhook
08-08-2006, 06:59 AM
It was one game. It was ugly, but it only counts as one game. On the bright side, we can still win the series or tie it. And, if we do we'll probably be outscored by the Cards which won't mean anything. That would definitely infuriate them if they lost 3 out of 4 and outscored us. Thankfully, it's not football because we'd be down 35-3 at halftime.

Boss-Hog
08-08-2006, 07:08 AM
I combined two of the rant threads created after last night's games. Note to all: you do not need to start your own thread complaining about how all is wrong with the Reds every time they lose.

RFS62
08-08-2006, 07:22 AM
I combined two of the rant threads created after last night's games. Note to all: you do not need to start your own thread complaining about how all is wrong with the Reds every time they lose.

Thanks Boss.

One giant mosh pit of crying, moaning, sniveling, sobbing, blubbering, yapping, yammering, wailing and gnashing of teeth is better than many small ones.

Ltlabner
08-08-2006, 07:42 AM
and it doesnt look like its gonna get any better with these F.O. moves. actually worse than all those years in hte past.

KaldanialsFan, please tell us you are in full fledged rant mode here and just having an emotional outburst due to the frustration of last night loss. Do you serriously believe BC and The Kriv are WORSE than Linder, Schott, Allen, O'Brian and Linder?

my point is that we've all been down this road before. we end up melting down in august and playing our way OUT of contention.

When was the last time we made it all the way till August before we were out of contention?

ChatterRed
08-08-2006, 07:47 AM
KalDanielsFan is right. The Reds lost 8 games tonight. It wasn't just one game.

Pack it in Kal..............then maybe we can enjoy this board more.

deltachi8
08-08-2006, 09:50 AM

got a mouse in your pants? weeeeeeeee

I love the good old days too, those of battling the Pirates for 5th place and wondering if the team can afford a top 10 draft pick.

Good times, good times. (Insert The Byrds "Turn, Turn Turn" here)

Raisor
08-08-2006, 09:56 AM

that's the key.

Third best RC/27 on the team, behind the Hatt and Dunner.

REDREAD
08-08-2006, 09:59 AM
He was a prospect.

BIG difference.

Actually, when the Reds picked up Roberto Kelly, he had been a regular for 4 years with the Yanks (89-92). He hit 319 in 1994, and 293 in 1995. He was elected to the All star team one year. I can't recall if it was the Yanks or the Reds. Kelly was traded to Atl in midseason 95.

In 93, he OPS 829, which was good for a glove CF in that era (IMO of course).

Not that this has anything to do with Freel, but it's not as if Kelly totally sucked with the Reds.

REDSEER
08-08-2006, 10:03 AM
got a mouse in your pants? weeeeeeeee

I love the good old days too, those of battling the Pirates for 5th place and wondering if the team can afford a top 10 draft pick.

Good times, good times. (Insert The Byrds "Turn, Turn Turn" here)
That's what I'm saying, this year could have been MUCH worse than it already is.......nobody thought our season would be like this, including me....I thought this one would be very similar to last year's, show signs of life but eventually lose it at the end and have a 4th or 5th place finish in the central.....

Obviously that is not going to happen....although the Reds seem IMO to be one of the most confusing teams in the majors....they are hanging around with the Cardinals and Dodgers of the world, and I will take that in almost any year now.....

I'm only 17, and this may be different to me, but I'm happy where we are at this point in the season because no one thought we would be in these two playoff races......

In my memory, I haven't experienced success like this with the Reds.....I definitely don't remember 1990 or 1995 and only vaguely remember 1999, so this season has been more enjoyable.....

In reference to the other thread, :clap: :clap: I still believe in this year's team:clap: :clap:

Team Clark
08-08-2006, 02:30 PM
i like this guy...

How did you end up with NEGATIVE rep points? Holy Cow!!!

Team Clark
08-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Actually, when the Reds picked up Roberto Kelly, he had been a regular for 4 years with the Yanks (89-92). He hit 319 in 1994, and 293 in 1995. He was elected to the All star team one year. I can't recall if it was the Yanks or the Reds. Kelly was traded to Atl in midseason 95.

In 93, he OPS 829, which was good for a glove CF in that era (IMO of course).

Not that this has anything to do with Freel, but it's not as if Kelly totally sucked with the Reds.

Kelly was on pace for a 200 hit season with the Reds if memory serves. Then he was traded.

ChaseReds
08-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Hmm...Some (not all) of you fans remind me of bandwagoning...

One good game? Jump right on.

One bad game? Jump right off.

No doubt this season would bring out the wagon...but maybe some of you should just stand aside until you decided what you will do?

Will you be fan? Support your team? Or are you going to be like a leaf in the wind?:bang:
http://ginacobb.typepad.com/gina_cobb/images/bandwagon.gif

RichRed
08-08-2006, 02:56 PM
How did you end up with NEGATIVE rep points? Holy Cow!!!

Just a guess, but maybe incessant comments like

Krivsky screwed up. big time. am i the only person who saw this after the Kearns/Lopez debacle?

Not only repetitive but implies knowing something the rest of us dolts are too thick to understand.

reds44
08-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Stop making excuses for our team, for Krivsky, for ESPN, for SI.Com for anybody.

Krivsky screwed up. big time. am i the only person who saw this after the Kearns/Lopez debacle? How many times in the past have we been here folks? Leading the Wild card/division or being in the "thick" of things, and then roll into august and have a complete meltdown. How many times has this happened the past 15 years???

A lot. thats how many. Or how about, EVERYTIME. quit saying its only one game or "give it time." Skids like this are our forte'. Sure we take it one game at a time---unfortunately we LOSE one game at a time until we are out of it.

I dont understand how there isnt more anger about this. It baffles me that you will flame me for speaking my mind and wanting the Reds to DO BETTER than they are.

I'm ready to pack it up. This roster is garbage. and so is the GM.

copy and paste that and send it to me in October. And I'll laugh at you.

peace.
Tonight's game proved last night was only 1 game.

Tonight was only 1 game also.

RedsMan3203
08-09-2006, 12:13 AM
Tonight's game proved last night was only 1 game.

Tonight was only 1 game also.

Reds44 - Its only one game... :)

oregonred
08-09-2006, 03:44 AM
It's one game...

Keep in minds these invincible Cards have had the following games since the AS Break;

Back to Back 15-3 and 14-5 losses to the Braves sandwiced in-between an 8-game winning streak (at the Dodgers expense pre-trades)

Back-back 16-8 and 8-1 losses to the Phils last week in the middle of an ugly 8-game losing streak.

The Reds had a 5-game winning streak vs. the Cards including a 3-game thrashing in St Louis.

This is the first game in 23 since the AS Break that the Reds weren't right in it from the 7th inning onward.

Time to circle the wagons.

Both of these teams have flaws for sure.

Baseball is a funny game...

And now a 10-3 loss coming off a 13-1 win... The Cards have had some UGLY losses this year (remember the 20-5 White Sox thrashing)

Deepred05
08-09-2006, 09:18 AM
I don't recall much crying when Oneill was traded. At the time, (if my memory serves me) he couldn't hit lefties to save his life.

Caveman Techie
08-09-2006, 09:23 AM

In that case the Reds just put a "Return to Sender" stamp on it with last nights game.