PDA

View Full Version : Tommorrow's start might be the biggest of miltons career

captainmorgan07
08-07-2006, 11:32 PM
milton needs to come out tommorrow nite and pitch how he has been pitching limit mistakes keeps u in the game which he has been doing if he can do that the reds will win the game tommorrow and will take the series mark it down

George Foster
08-07-2006, 11:45 PM
milton needs to come out tommorrow nite and pitch how he has been pitching limit mistakes keeps u in the game which he has been doing if he can do that the reds will win the game tommorrow and will take the series mark it down

This is the type of game that can make or break the rest of your season. Let's face it, Milton has to go to bed at night asking himself if he still has it...real major league stuff.

If he can go out their tomorrow night and get a win, it will help not only the team but his confidence. You have to think "you are the man" before you can be the man. A win will go a long way to get Milton back to thinking positive.

If he loses...I think he will be done for the year. You got to have confidence.

kheidg-
08-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Tomorrow's start might be the biggest of miltons career

Well, I'd say one of these starts was the biggest of Milton's career.

Playoffs Pitching Statistics
Year Team Name Lg Age Org. Series W L ERA G GS CG SH GF SV IP H R ER HR BB SO WP BK H9 HR9 BB9 K9 WHIP
2002 Minnesota Twins MLB 27 Div 1 0 2.57 1 1 0 0 0 0 7.0 6 2 2 1 1 3 0 0 7.71 1.29 1.29 3.86 1.00
Minnesota Twins MLB 27 Ch 0 0 1.50 1 1 0 0 0 0 6.0 5 1 1 1 2 4 0 0 7.50 1.50 3.00 6.00 1.17
2003 Minnesota Twins MLB 28 Div 0 0 0.00 1 0 0 0 0 0 3.1 2 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 5.40 0.00 0.00 5.40 0.60

But, yes... tomorrows start is huge.

George Foster
08-08-2006, 11:34 PM
This is the type of game that can make or break the rest of your season. Let's face it, Milton has to go to bed at night asking himself if he still has it...real major league stuff.

If he can go out their tomorrow night and get a win, it will help not only the team but his confidence. You have to think "you are the man" before you can be the man. A win will go a long way to get Milton back to thinking positive.

If he loses...I think he will be done for the year. You got to have confidence.

Big win for Milton. Had control of the game, for the most part. Freel's catch was a rally killer, but Milton was due for some luck. Confidence is EVERYTHING, and I think Mr. Milton has got his "mojo" back...we need him. Now Arroyo needs his confidence back....

Ltlabner
08-09-2006, 07:15 AM
I'll be ready for the fruits and vegatables to be thrown my way.

Because of his stupid contract I don't know if he fits on this team, but I actaully like Miltion as a pitcher. <ducks> Does it make sense to bring him back next year (I think that is the option year)? I doubt it, but if there are no other options....then what?

Much like Loshe, I think if used properally Milton can be effective for us. He has to keep that knee healthy. Do whatever it takes to do so; ride in a wheel chair, do special excersizes, have Kronored do a voodo dance around it. Maybe there is nothing you can do for that sort of problem?

Narron has to keep a tight leash on him. 6 innings that's it. Only if Milton has thrown less than 80 pitches and the team is up by 6 should he ever see the 7th inning.

The second he runs into trouble, Franklin or Weathers should start warming up. You don't want to make Milton nervous but we have to be able to yank him pronto when he's not "on".

I've seen him pitch several games where he had batters completley fooled all night. He was sorta Maduxx-very-very-lite. He has something to offer the team IMO but Narron has to put him in stuations where he can succede and not leave him out there when he's in situations destined for failure.

redsmetz
08-09-2006, 07:43 AM
I thought Narron was perfect in handling Milton last night. As you said, six innings and out. Someone else mentioned another view some time ago; anything from the 7th on, once a batter reaches, yank him. I think his first six innings in most games have been the proverbial "quality start". Now that we've got a decent pen, we can do this.

cumberlandreds
08-09-2006, 08:12 AM
I thought Narron was perfect in handling Milton last night. As you said, six innings and out. Someone else mentioned another view some time ago; anything from the 7th on, once a batter reaches, yank him. I think his first six innings in most games have been the proverbial "quality start". Now that we've got a decent pen, we can do this.

I thought the same. Narron has finally figured out that six inning is the top limit for Milton. If Milton can give the Reds that every time out you have to be satisfied with it.

registerthis
08-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Last 4 starts: 2-2, 3.37 ERA, 1.19 WHIP

If he's used effectively--by which I mean, 6 innings and a very short leash--Milton can be an effective pitcher. Like it or not, he's an important part of the puzzle if the Reds are going to make the playoffs this season.

Matt700wlw
08-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Big win for Milton. Had control of the game, for the most part. Freel's catch was a rally killer, but Milton was due for some luck. Confidence is EVERYTHING, and I think Mr. Milton has got his "mojo" back...we need him. Now Arroyo needs his confidence back....

Cornrows or bust! :D

KronoRed
08-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Last 4 starts: 2-2, 3.37 ERA, 1.19 WHIP

If he's used effectively--by which I mean, 6 innings and a very short leash--Milton can be an effective pitcher. Like it or not, he's an important part of the puzzle if the Reds are going to make the playoffs this season.
On the perfect staff he'd be the 5 guy and that would be ok.

kaldaniels
08-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Homeruns aside, I am stunned to see Milton is 13th in the league in WHIP, he has quietly turned it around this year.