PDA

View Full Version : MLB On XM Internet Radio??

RedLegSuperStar
08-08-2006, 06:33 PM
I have XM radio just for the Reds. I miss going to games and watching games on tv that I had to do something. MLB games are not broadcast on xmradio.com and was wondering if this is true or if there is a way to get them over the net using my XM subscription?

Strikes Out Looking
08-08-2006, 06:42 PM
no--mlb.com has the internet rights

Joseph
08-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Unfortunately it is true. On the .com portion you don't get the games, nor do you even get XM-175, the main baseball discussion channel.

If you'd like to launch an email jihad to get the baseball channel on xm.com I'll gladly join in because I think it should be on there. The games I can understand since baseball has its own package for that end.

Reds Fanatic
08-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Unfortunately it is true. On the .com portion you don't get the games, nor do you even get XM-175, the main baseball discussion channel.

If you'd like to launch an email jihad to get the baseball channel on xm.com I'll gladly join in because I think it should be on there. The games I can understand since baseball has its own package for that end.

The reason XM 175 is not on the internet is during the games they play portions of the games and that would violate MLB's contract.

Heath
08-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Major League Baseball broadcast rights are as archaic as the self-propelled non-engined lawn mower.

Even the NFL allows ESPN to show highlights during the games on ESPN News.

Dumb. Really Dumb.

Joseph
08-08-2006, 08:33 PM
The reason XM 175 is not on the internet is during the games they play portions of the games and that would violate MLB's contract.

Oh I totally understand that, thats why I said if people wanted to petition to have it added I'd be all for it. The small segments of games they have live is really no different than an extended highlight, so in my opinion its stupid to allow that to prevent the channel from being online.

RedLegSuperStar
08-08-2006, 08:44 PM

But XM has a contract with MLB to telecast games. The slogan is " Everyteam, Wherever You Are" whats the diffence if they can broadcast games on radio and broadcast music.. but you can only listen to the music portion online?

WVRedsFan
08-09-2006, 01:40 AM
But XM has a contract with MLB to telecast games. The slogan is " Everyteam, Wherever You Are" whats the diffence if they can broadcast games on radio and broadcast music.. but you can only listen to the music portion online?

I found this out early on. I got a home kit for my Roady 2 and set it up in my room near the TV and the computer. It works fine except when I forgot to take the radio back to the car, so I bought a second Roady for the house. It's an extra 9.95 per month, but come October, i'll retire it until next baseball season.

Team Clark
08-11-2006, 06:45 PM
I was just on MLB with Dibble and Kennedy. Casey followed right after me. Those guys are fun.

OldXOhio
08-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Didn't get to hear TC. Aside from DRays, what was your discussion about?

Of course, you gave a shameless plug for RedsZone, yes?

RedLegSuperStar
08-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I was just on MLB with Dibble and Kennedy. Casey followed right after me. Those guys are fun.

Dang.. I just missed you then.. I tuned in as they were talking to Casey and then went to Brandon McCarthy

Team Clark
08-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Didn't get to hear TC. Aside from DRays, what was your discussion about?

Of course, you gave a shameless plug for RedsZone, yes?

No plug but I did have it written down. I just couldn't gt it in. We just discussed late 80's Reds baseball. I have been on before. Actually 7 or 8 times. I brought up a story about Dibble plunking Eric Yelding and then Tim Teufel. Dibbs did a great job of giving you the who, what, when, where, why... nice job.

deltachi8
08-11-2006, 10:08 PM

You were the one asking Dibbs about the brawl in 89?

Good call, had me smiling. For as much flack (and many times rightly so) that Dibble gets for his on air talents, on XM I think he is very solid.

Team Clark
08-11-2006, 11:39 PM
You were the one asking Dibbs about the brawl in 89?

Good call, had me smiling. For as much flack (and many times rightly so) that Dibble gets for his on air talents, on XM I think he is very solid.

Yep. That was me. I talked to Dibbs off the air, we were having a good laugh.