PDA

View Full Version : 8/8 Minor League Updates. Homer is pitching

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 08:15 PM
I will do PBP for the Lookouts game. If anyone else wants to update the other minor league games, you can check box scores at www.milb.com

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Chattanooga PBP

Top 1st
1. Fastball high and away for ball 1. Swing and a miss, count even at 1-1.
Low and in the dirt for ball 2. Low ball 3, 3-1 count on the lead off hitter.
Ball 4, walks the lead off hitter.
2. The SS steps in. 92 MPH for strike 1. Grounder to Machado who gets to it but there is no play.
Infield single. Runners on first and second.
3. Called strike 1. Offspeed a little inside. Ball 1. Foul ball, 1-2 on the #3 hitter.
Called strike 3 on a ball that "sunk" over the edge of the plate.
4. Runners on first and second, 1 out. Low curve ball, 1-0. Johnny Almaraz is in town for the game.
Grounder to Machado who flips to Colina who steps on the bag for out at first and the throw to first pulls
Votto off the bag. FC, 2 outs. runners on the corners.
5. Low for ball 1. Wide, for ball 2. Passed ball on Perez and the runner scores from third, also ball 3.
Foul ball for strike 1. Low for ball 4. Two walks in the inning.
6. Breaking ball for strike 1 looking. foul ball for strike 2. Change up fouled off, 79 MPH.
Another foul, on a fastball. Line drive to Joey Votto to end the inning.

The run goes down as unearned on a passed ball.

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Bottom of the 1st - Chattanooga trails 1-0

1. Chris Dickerson comes up and strikes out on 3 pitches.
2. Javier Colina grounds one up the middle and the SS cant get the throw to first on time. Single
3. Joey Votto bloops one into CF for a single. Colina to second.
4. Jeff Bannon steps up with 2 on and 1 out. Bannon strikes out though and leaves it up to...
5. Rick Asadoorian to drive in the runs. He also strikes out. Ouch

Aronchis
08-08-2006, 08:45 PM
I had a weird dream about Homer Bailey a night ago. It was next June, he had just been called up from AA and his major league debut. The place was packed and I sat down to watch on the TV, Bailey threw a fastball, people roared, then he set up to throw again and I heard a "crack" and Bailey fell over grabbing his elbow on the mound. It was weird.

Than I remember being on Redszone with Redszoners saying stuff how Bailey's arm gets "a year off" wouldn't be bad type positive lines.

Don't ask me why............

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 08:48 PM
My computer locked up, so I missed some of the inning, so I will try and piece together what happened here in the top of the 2nd.

2 outs and a 1-2 count. Ball 2 wide to event he count up in a 1-0 game. Ball 3 to bring it full. Fly ball to Asadoorian to end the inning. 1-2-3 inning with a strikeout.

Homer Bailey has allowed 1 h, 2 walks and 2 strikeouts. 1 unearned run in 2 ip.

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Phone rang, missed the bottom half of the second. Nothing mjaor happened, still 1-0.
1. Flare foul ball that Joey Votto runs out and catches for out #1.
2. Swing and a miss at a 95 MPH fastball for strike 2. Announcer never said what happened for the first pitch. Now after ball 1 claims its 2-1. Foul ball, which I guess makes it 2-2. Up and in for a full count. Grounder to short, Machado to first for out #2.
3. Ball 1. Ball 2 outside. Strike 1. This announcer is horrible at actually calling a game. Misses inside for a 3-1 count. Swing and a foul straight back. Full count, 2 outs, no runners on. High for ball 4. Baileys 3rd walk of the game.
4. Ball 1 low. Ball 2 in the dirt. Low and away for ball 3. Not a good night for his control tonight. Fastball down the middle, taking all the way strike 1. Foul ball for a full count. Inside for another walk, his 4th of the game already.
5. Runners on first and second after back to back walks. Low ball 1. Pop up to Votto to end the inning.

Walks are rough, but no harm yet.

Homer Bailey, 3ip, 1h, 4bb, 2k, 1 unearned run.

Aronchis
08-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Homer's showed some signs of fatigue over his last 2 starts.

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Lookouts go 1-2-3 and are still losing 1-0 heading to the 4th inning.

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Dayton is winning 3-1 in the 4th. Jay Bruce is 1-2 with a 2 run double.

Sarasota is winning 1-0.

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Chattanooga PBP
1. Ball 1 inside. Inside again, ball 2. Misses high ball 3. FB for strike 1, 3-1 count. Low and outside, ball 4. 5th walk of the game.
2. Inside and low, ball 1. Announcer says something looks a little off. Ball 2 low. Miguel Perez out to the mound to talk to Homer. Ground ball to 2B, flip to SS to first for a double play. 2 outs.
3. Strike 1. Ground out to SS to end the inning.

Miguel Perez must have said something good.
Homer Bailey, 4ip, 1h, 5bb, 2k, 1 unearned run.

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Louisville Bats are up 4-0 in the 4th inning. Earl Snyder and Dewayne Wise have HRs.

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Joey Votto hit a double off the 16 foot tall sign in CF...he has hit quite a few off the wall recently.

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Base hit by Asadoorian scores Votto to tie the game for the Lookouts.

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Perez grounds into a Sean Casey special to end the inning for the Lookouts.
After 4, its 1-1.

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Top of the 5th inning.
Homer Bailey back to the mound.
1. Ground ball to SS for out #1 on the first pitch.
2. Perez out to the mound for a quick chat before the second batter. Strike 1. Bunt attempt goes foul for strike 2. Ball 1 on a check swing. Foul ball straight back. Hits the corner on an offspeed pitch for strike 3 looking.
3. Ball 1 low. Foul ball to even the count at 1-1. Offspeed pitch for strike 2 looking. Pop up for the third out.

Nice comeback inning for Bailey.

5ip, 1h, 5bb, 3k, 1 unearned run.

Tie game, 1-1.

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 09:43 PM
The Lookouts got a single, then struck out 3 in a row to end the inning.

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Homer Bailey back out for the 6th inning to face the meat of the order, 3-4-5.
1. High ball 1. Low breaking ball, ball 2. Called strike 1. Strike 2 for a full count. Swing and a miss. that is Homers 4th strikeout of the game.
2. Foul ball for strike 1. Strike 2. Inside, ball 2. Ball, 2-2 count. Swing and a miss, 96 MPH. 5 Strikeouts, 3 of the last 4 batters.
Homer Bailey is out of the game after reaching his pitch count.
3. Carlos Alvarado takes the mound and I am going to eat dinner.

Aronchis
08-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Bailey always seem to have the little extra at the end, gotta buckle down another 3-4 starts to go.

Matt700wlw
08-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Homer's final line?

Aronchis
08-08-2006, 09:54 PM
5.2i 1h 1r 0er 5w 5k

Matt700wlw
08-08-2006, 10:11 PM
5.2i 1h 1r 0er 5w 5k

thanks.

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Lookouts just scored 2 runs and now lead 3-1.

dougdirt
08-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Triva time:
Whos the boss?
tick tock tick tock tick tock. Times up.
Jay Bruce is. He hit a 2 run HR and is 2-4 with 4 RBI. Dayton is tied at 6 in the 8th inning. Jay now has 15 HR on the season, oh and 41 doubles.

HBP
08-08-2006, 11:35 PM
That Bruce guy ain't too bad

OnBaseMachine
08-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Jay Bruce will be a superstar in the majors. I predict he wins a MVP before his career is over. Hopefully Bruce, Dunn, Votto, and Encarnacion are leading the Reds offense for a long time and winning games for Harang, Homer, Cueto, and Travis Wood.

cumberlandreds
08-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Triva time:
Whos the boss?
tick tock tick tock tick tock. Times up.
Jay Bruce is. He hit a 2 run HR and is 2-4 with 4 RBI. Dayton is tied at 6 in the 8th inning. Jay now has 15 HR on the season, oh and 41 doubles.

Just wondering what do you think the timetable is for Bruce to be in the big leagues. Next season,2008 or later?
BTW thanks for all your updates on the minors. It's great to be able to follow the development these guys.

EddieMilner
08-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Just wondering what do you think the timetable is for Bruce to be in the big leagues. Next season,2008 or later?
BTW thanks for all your updates on the minors. It's great to be able to follow the development these guys.

If he is going to play CF then it will be after Griffey is out of town. So either 2000 or (if the Reds pick up his option) 2010. If he is going to play RF then it would probably be 2008 (thats my WAG).

CrackerJack
08-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Love Bruce - man that guy is an exciting young player. Votto too.

Homer won't go anywhere I'm guessing until he stops walking people. Those will kill him in the majors...obviously. Can't believe people want to bring him up now.

HBP
08-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Homer won't go anywhere I'm guessing until he stops walking people. Those will kill him in the majors...obviously. Can't believe people want to bring him up now.

He has 37 BB in 118 IP this year, with a 3.4 K/BB ratio. That's not too shabby. And if he's walking batters because he's working/developing his secondary pitches, then I'm all for it.

dougdirt
08-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Homer last night was just struggling with all of his pitches location until the 4th inning. Miguel Perez came out and said something to him, from there on out, he was lights out.

As for Jay Bruce, I think he sees AA next year, heck he has even said its his goal to make AA out of ST. I dont know if he can do that, or if they would even let him do that. I also dont think Jay will play CF in the majors unless he has to. He is young right now, and as he gets older, he will probably outgrow the position. When he comes up 2 years from now, he will be bigger and stronger, and probably a little bit slower due to it.

BigREDSfaninKY
08-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Ah, I can envision it now, Dunn in LF and Bruce in RF with a speedy gold glove type CF in between (whoever that may be)

Aronchis
08-09-2006, 01:40 PM
At least we can stop hearing the call up Bailey now wails.

RedsFanatic
08-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Ah, I can envision it now, Dunn in LF and Bruce in RF with a speedy gold glove type CF in between (whoever that may be)
Drew Stubbs.

LoganBuck
08-09-2006, 11:57 PM
At least we can stop hearing the call up Bailey now wails.

I agree, but today on the radio they only talked about him giving up one hit and striking out 5. The wails won't stop. I personally hope that he only has about 3 more starts left this season at AA, maybe 4 with the AA playoffs. Then I hope they shut him down until spring, there is no sense in over doing it.

Aronchis
08-10-2006, 12:30 AM
I agree, but today on the radio they only talked about him giving up one hit and striking out 5. The wails won't stop. I personally hope that he only has about 3 more starts left this season at AA, maybe 4 with the AA playoffs. Then I hope they shut him down until spring, there is no sense in over doing it.

Not only that, Bailey can't succeed in the big leagues this year. While his ERA is good through 48 innings, his K/9 isn't overly great and he is really beginning to walk people.

I suspect some UGLY results which would turn everybody against him quickly, which would be sad because I think he will be more refined next year allowing for that success. Krivsky will not bow to pressure.............whoops, we already have found out he will:mooner:

Cedric
08-10-2006, 01:33 AM
Not only that, Bailey can't succeed in the big leagues this year. While his ERA is good through 48 innings, his K/9 isn't overly great and he is really beginning to walk people.

I suspect some UGLY results which would turn everybody against him quickly, which would be sad because I think he will be more refined next year allowing for that success. Krivsky will not bow to pressure.............whoops, we already have found out he will:mooner:

Explain how he has ever bowed to public pressure?

Question his ineptitude in the deal all you want, but you can't question that he really felt the team was built wrong.