PDA

View Full Version : RA v. EE v. BP v. RC v. JC

Kc61
08-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Since his injury, EE has been a fill-in player with RA getting most playing time.

Now, perhaps, EE is getting regular duty. So how does RA get in the lineup? BP rests sometimes and RA plays second.

Many of us would like, eventually, to see BP at shortstop and a new second baseman. RA could fill that role for the short term. EE would play regularly. But that scenario does require a position change by BP, which always has risks, and will not be done mid-season in all likelihood.

So, it looks like EE, RA and BP will now share playing time at two positions. RA will also get in the lineup at first base against lefties.

That leaves Clayton at short. I don't think he's done a bad job there, but many feel Castro is just as good and better defensively.

Bottom line: against righty pitchers, one of RA, EE and BP will be on the bench. I hope they (and we) can live with it.

HotCorner
08-09-2006, 02:01 PM
I felt like I just a secret coded message. ;)

Heath
08-09-2006, 02:02 PM
I felt like I just a secret coded message. ;)

I'm using my decoder wheel as I speak.

The letters spell out - Drink Your Ovaltine.

A stupid Commerical.

TeamBoone
08-09-2006, 02:22 PM
So, it looks like EE, RA and BP will now share playing time at two positions. RA will also get in the lineup at first base against lefties.

Unless I heard wrong, JN said BP was getting a night off... I heard nothing regarding a platoon situation at 2nd base.

Kc61
08-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Unless I heard wrong, JN said BP was getting a night off... I heard nothing regarding a platoon situation at 2nd base.

BP also got the night off last Thursday in favor of RA. Obviously, giving him "nights off" is a way of getting both RA and EE into the lineup.

TOBTTReds
08-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Notice both days were when Milton was on the mound. RA had zero plays yesterday in the field, I believe he had one or two the previous game at 2nd. I don't mind that. He also started at 2 times ago when milton pitched too.

puca
08-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Notice both days were when Milton was on the mound. RA had zero plays yesterday in the field, I believe he had one or two the previous game at 2nd. I don't mind that. He also started at 2 times ago when milton pitched too.

Milton? Do you mean EM?

Heath
08-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Milton? Do you mean EM?

Boy, aren't we glad Milton's Mom didn't name him Bob Milton.

KronoRed
08-09-2006, 05:28 PM
*conspiracy hat on*

Perhaps now that EE has paid his young player dues it's time for Phillips (also being too young to be a vet) to sit on the bench for Rich:devil:

*conspiracy hat off*

;)

dougdirt
08-09-2006, 06:14 PM
With the roster as is, and no true position changes, I want to see this infield:
VS RHP
1B Hatteberg
2B Phillips
SS Castro
3B Encarnacion

VS LHP
1B Aurilia
2B Phillips
SS Castro
3B Encarnacion

vaticanplum
08-09-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm using my decoder wheel as I speak.

The letters spell out - Drink Your Ovaltine.

A stupid Commerical.

:lol:

That was a very good laugh on an afternoon filled with Cranky McCrankerpantses over here.

BoydsOfSummer
08-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Ithought it was some rad new defensive metrics that finally found the holy grail.

Dangit.