PDA

View Full Version : comparison

cincrazy
08-09-2006, 01:56 PM
I was trying to think of what last night's game reminded me of, and I don't know how many of you are Bengals fans, but this game reminded me of when the Bengals were down 26-3 in the 2nd half vs. Baltimore and rallied for the victory. It was in Baltimore, against a division rival, and that was a STATEMENT game, in much the same way last night's game was a statement game for the Reds. Hopefully the Reds can build on last night's game like the Bengals built on that Ravens game... minus the arrests of course...

Gizmo
08-09-2006, 01:59 PM
I see yesterday's game more as a response than a statement. St. Louis made the statement Monday with a 13-1 drubbing. Yesterday the Reds responded. Now who's gonna make the statement tonight.

Comparing 1 game out of 16 vs 1 out of 162 is a bit unsound. I'd like to see us win the next 2, then sweep next week. THAT would be the statement, not one night.

cincrazy
08-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Well, what I meant was if the Cardinals would have pounded any of the Reds teams from the past 6 years like that in game one of the series, they would have rolled over and died. This Reds team got off of the mat and socked the Cardinals right in the jaw. To me, that's a statement. They still have a whole lot of work to do though, you're right. It is only one game. I said that when we got our butt's kicked, and I'll say it after a crucial win.

Gizmo
08-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Well, what I meant was if the Cardinals would have pounded any of the Reds teams from the past 6 years like that in game one of the series, they would have rolled over and died. This Reds team got off of the mat and socked the Cardinals right in the jaw. To me, that's a statement. They still have a whole lot of work to do though, you're right. It is only one game. I said that when we got our butt's kicked, and I'll say it after a crucial win.

I agree with you too. The Reds of the past would not have responded back in such a way. It was nice to see, for sure. Let's keep it up!

cincrazy
08-09-2006, 02:10 PM
I think tonight is critical also. They kick our butt's in game one, we bounce back and kick their butt's in game two, and if we can send our ace out there in game three to beat their ace, that'd be another big step for this franchise considering the problems they've had with the Cardinals. And you're right, let's keep it up!