PDA

View Full Version : Dear Bronson

Chip R
08-10-2006, 01:13 AM
I remember when you first got traded and was heartbroken because you loved being in Boston so much. That was understandable. You came from a winning organization a year from winning a World Series. You played to packed houses every night. You and the other players fed off the enthusiasm of the fans in Fenway. You had a great offense behind you. You got a lot of national attention.

I am sure you still miss Boston but it seems like you have made the best of it here. You have run into some tough luck lately. Sometimes you did not pitch well, other times you had the bullpen blow games for you or the offense did not score enough runs for you. That is all in the past. The things you missed in Boston, you have in Cincinnati now. Winning team? Check. Good offense? Check. Packed houses? Check and check the last two nights. Enthusiastic fans? You got em and, yes, you are still getting national attention.

This is as close to the Yankees Red Sox rivalry as you are going to get. I believe you think of yourself as a big game pitcher. Well, brother, they do not get any bigger than today. No excuses today. This team has some momentum on their side. Show the Cardinals that the Reds are a force to be reckoned with just like the Sox finally showed the Yankees that they were for real. Remember who you played after you were done with the Yankees that year? None other than the Cards. Most of these guys were on that team you swept to win that ring.

It is time to step it up a notch. Be that big game pitcher people think you are. Carry this team like you did earlier in the season. You may not have figured on this when you were traded but you are in a pennant race now. Show the fans why the Reds traded for you.

Your buddy,

Chip R

P.S. For the love of God, get Yadi Molina and these other stiffs out! Scott Spezio?!

KronoRed
08-10-2006, 01:21 AM
PPS

Nice hair

;)

WVRedsFan
08-10-2006, 02:09 AM
PPPS:

It's very important.

jmcclain19
08-10-2006, 02:20 AM
PPSS

I think I love you.

Not in a gay way, but in a manly sort of Viking way. Or something.

PPPSS

Just kidding about that whole I love you thing. But seriously, pound on the Cardinals. They've earned it.

Jpup
08-10-2006, 05:11 AM
But seriously, pound on the Cardinals. They've earned it.

I think he was kidding about that too. ;)

StillFunkyB
08-10-2006, 07:43 AM
I think he was kidding about that too. ;)

:lol:

membengal
08-10-2006, 08:35 AM
If the playoffs started today, the Reds are in and the Red Sox are out. CLEARLY Arroyo was their x-factor (said half-sarcastically, and half not, as the Sox really could have used him this year)...

KronoRed
08-10-2006, 05:02 PM
PPPPSSSSS

Stop returning to career norms :devil:

UKFlounder
08-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Dear Bronson

In your previous life as Jack Armstrong, the Reds won the World Series. If that happens this year, we won't complain.

KittyDuran
08-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Where is the "Dear Reds Offense" letter??? :devil:

Wheelhouse
08-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Where is the "Dear Reds Offense" letter??? :devil:

Agreed.

KittyDuran
08-10-2006, 07:26 PM
P.S. For the love of God, get Yadi Molina and these other stiffs out! Scott Spezio?!To the Reds offense... P.S. For the love of God, quit making some pitchers look like Cy Young! Rookie Anthony Reyes?! :laugh:

KittyDuran
08-10-2006, 07:27 PM
BTW, Chip... Great letter! ;)

Chip R
08-10-2006, 07:37 PM
BTW, Chip... Great letter! ;)

Worked like a charm, didnt it? :rolleyes:

KittyDuran
08-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Worked like a charm, didnt it? :rolleyes:Ok, how about this.... GREAT letter, Chip! :jump: :KoolAid:

KronoRed
08-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Forward the Reds O letter to Washington :devil:

GAC
08-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Did you send this letter to Bronson or just post it on here? Because if that is the case, then technically it's not really a letter is it?

But ya does rite purdy. :evil:

Chip R
08-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Did you send this letter to Bronson or just post it on here? Because if that is the case, then technically it's not really a letter is it?

But ya does rite purdy. :evil:
Yeah. I wrote it like 12 hours before his start, Brainiac. How am I going to send it to him? :rolleyes: It was an open letter so technically it was a letter. :p:

KittyDuran
08-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Yeah. I wrote it like 12 hours before his start, Brainiac. How am I going to send it to him? :rolleyes: It was an open letter so technically it was a letter. :p:Here ya go...:)

FAN MAIL
Fan mail may be sent to:

Manager, Player or Coach's Name
c/o Cincinnati Reds
Great American Ball Park 100 Main Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Please know that fan mail is not forwarded during the offseason, and there is no guarantee of a response or that any items mailed will be returned.

Ltlabner
08-11-2006, 08:16 AM
So does that mean the cornrows were not the good luck talsman he needed?

Crap, becasue I have a big meeting next week and I had my hair done up in cornrows for that little "extra edge". Of course, being in industrial sales my hair is pretty short to begin with so they aren't that long. They hurt like crap though.

Dang it!

KittyDuran
08-11-2006, 09:40 AM

Crap, becasue I have a big meeting next week and I had my hair done up in cornrows for that little "extra edge". Of course, being in industrial sales my hair is pretty short to begin with so they aren't that long. They hurt like crap though.

Dang it!No good luck... maybe he needs a slumpbuster (and I know of a good volunteer)...:devil:

GAC
08-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Yeah. I wrote it like 12 hours before his start, Brainiac. How am I going to send it to him? :rolleyes:

Because you know where he lives! :lol:

KittyDuran
08-11-2006, 10:38 AM
Because you know where he lives! :lol:
:owned:

Ltlabner
08-11-2006, 01:38 PM
No good luck... maybe he needs a slumpbuster (and I know of a good volunteer)...:devil:

:eek:

This is a family oriented board ya know......;)

Matt700wlw
08-11-2006, 04:30 PM
If Bronson could develop a breaking pitch that breaks right (his breaks left), he may have better success against lefties. They seem to cause him the most trouble. Now with him being a righty, that's probably not so easy to do.

He's can still handle righties pretty well.

KronoRed
08-11-2006, 05:00 PM

Dang it!
Go for it..you'll return to career nroms in meetings ;)