PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Redszone

SeeinRed
08-10-2006, 11:45 PM
I have an idea for Redszone. I know that the moderators might not like to see people use this board to buy/sell tickets, memorabilia, or anything. Heck, it might even be a rule somewhere. However, I have seen plenty of tickets being advertised on the boards. It happens, and why not. What better place is there to advertise your Reds tickets or memorabilia than a board with a ton of Reds fans. The problem is that those threads advertising their tickets, or whatever they might be advertising, get pused to the bottom because they don't get many replys. That pretty much means that not a lot of people get to see them. Why not make a board just for threads like that. I'm sure its been suggested before by someone, and there is probably a good reason there isn't already a board just for people wanting to buy/sell tickets or whatever. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Redszone should just have a board just for selling whatever, I think that maybe it should be required that the deal not be made on Redszone, and that the merchandise be Baseball related. It should be a board just for advertising whatever it is that somebody wants to buy/sell. The reason I made this a thread is because I want to hear some thoughts on this idea. So, how bout some comments.

HumnHilghtFreel
08-10-2006, 11:49 PM
I'm guessing that there's some kind of a legality involved. Redszone isn't going to want to have any kind of responsibility if someone gets ripped off on their boards, at least that's my take on it.

SeeinRed
08-10-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm guessing that there's some kind of a legality involved. Redszone isn't going to want to have any kind of responsibility if someone gets ripped off on their boards, at least that's my take on it.

Yeah, thats why I think it hasn't already happened, but ticket sale threads are common. As long as the deals aren't brokered on Redszone, meaning that the thread just advertises the tickets as being available/wanted, then I see no problem with it. Its a tricky thing to do, granted. Like I said though, require that the actual negotiating be done outside of Redszone. If it becomes a problem, I would have no objection to removing the board, but I would like to see and attempt at making it happen. Unless of course there is a legal problem. The emphasis would have to be on not selling things on the board, just advertising them. Thats how it works from what I've seen anyway. I think that anyone involved would like to keep it that way when making a deal anyway. Personal and private.