PDA

View Full Version : Cbssportsline.com

cincrazy
08-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Here's how good it's going in Cincinnati these days: Former Reds pitcher Tom Browning, after finishing an autograph session for his book Tales from the Reds Dugout (www.browningbook.com), passed Reds owner Bob Castellini in Great American Ballpark in the fourth inning of Wednesday night's game against first-place St. Louis with the Reds trailing 4-1. "Don't worry, we'll come back and win it with a walk-off home run," Browning assured Castellini. A couple of hours later, there was David Ross cranking that walk-off homer to cap a wild 8-7 comeback victory. "It's unbelievably exciting around here right now," Browning says. "Because of what Castellini has done. He's willing to do whatever it takes to put a championship-caliber team together. And these guys are a bunch of good guys. They're fun to be around."
http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9595221

Interesting. I hadn't heard that previous to this article.

KalDanielsfan
08-11-2006, 12:58 PM
browning is a great guy...i love Tom browning.

EddieMilner
08-11-2006, 01:45 PM
browning is a great guy...i love Tom browning.

Tom Browning was partying on a Wrigley Rooftop DURING a reds game.

KalDanielsfan
08-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Tom Browning was partying on a Wrigley Rooftop DURING a reds game.

I remember that when i was little. WGN cut to him sitting there waving his ball cap.

LMFAO I wish he played in this era, he woulda made a lot better money and would've been more fun to watch.

2001MUgrad
08-11-2006, 02:40 PM
You can't buy a World Series, but I think Castellini will do anything within his power and within reason to keep this team competitive.