PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts

TeamCasey
08-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Do you believe in ghosts or evil spirits? Would you be willing to spend a night alone in a remote house that is supposedly haunted?

dabvu2498
08-11-2006, 04:53 PM
No

Yes

CrackerJack
08-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi is great TV. :)

I live in a historically designated Victorian home, and would sleep in a haunted house - or visit one etc...,

Yes I believe there's something going on that we don't quite fully understand yet - it's not taken seriously enough by the scientific community - I've had an experience that's led me to become much more curious and try to understand it better.

That said I'm definitely a skeptic and require solid evidence - not mind matrixing and silly orbs and dust in photographs...1st hand experience and visual proof are required for me.

There's way too much crap on the web muddying the waters in this area - it's why I appreciate TAPS (show I mentioned above) they are very sensible, logical folks with a scientific, skeptical approach...no whacked out psychics and people freaking out over "orbs."

Reds4Life
08-11-2006, 05:01 PM
I don't believe, and yes I'd stay in a haunted house. I think a lot of it is mind over matter; people want to believe so they convince themselves they see or hear things and quantify it as a ghost.

RedFanAlways1966
08-11-2006, 05:07 PM
I do not believe in ghosts and I would stay in a supposedly haunted house.

BOO!

Ltlabner
08-11-2006, 05:11 PM
I think there is prob "stuff" out there that we don't understand or could be considered "supernatural" but not to the degree Hollywood would have us believe.

Stay in a haunted house...no problem. As long as it has high speed internet, no problem.

Matt700wlw
08-11-2006, 05:11 PM
I'd do it!

I do think there's something out there, too....

(X-files theme)

Sweetstop
08-11-2006, 05:41 PM
I hope there's something out there....not sure I think there is.

Yes, I'd stay...sounds exciting.

RedsBaron
08-11-2006, 05:42 PM
No

Yes
ditto (0f course that was Patrick Swayze's line in "Ghost")

creek14
08-11-2006, 05:44 PM
When my dad was dying we moved the couch out of the family room and moved in a hospital bed. That's where he died.

A few months later I was home alone - had been for several days (my mom and sister were in FL). I was sitting on the couch (where the bed had been). All of a sudden there was the strongest smell of my dad's aftershave. Then it was totally gone.

Still don't know if I belive in *ghosts*, but just because we can't comprehend something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

KronoRed
08-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Spirits yep, they don't hang around on this rock though.

Ghosts? nope.

Chainer
08-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Yep, I believe.

Would I stay in a haunted house? You betcha.

BenHayes
08-11-2006, 06:15 PM
All I have to say on this is just go to my grandmothers house and stay if you don't believe in these things. The house looks normal but under the surface it is very unusual. I wish the guys on Ghosthunters would go there.

RFS62
08-11-2006, 06:16 PM
I worked a storm in Newport News a few years ago. I rented a old wooden beach house with an upstairs and downstairs unit.

I had the downstairs. The wind blew constantly, and the house creaked and groaned all the time, especially loud at night.

After I'd been there a couple of weeks, the owner came by and we talked about the house, and she asked me if I'd seen anything odd.

I really hadn't. Then she told me about the upstairs unit. It was her brothers. She took me upstairs to show me. He had traveled all over the world in his job, and had the most interesting collection of wood carved stuff, big dark wooden pieces of furniture, dark wood paneled walls. It looked like the crypt-keepers apartment, so dark and with a total Adams family feel.

Then she told me that he had committed suicide two months ago. She said she could always feel his presence there.

Soooooo. For the next three months I stayed there, it was one creepy deal. Many times I'd walk through the house and feel a really cold place, very odd. A couple of times my arm hair stood straight out and I had the weirdest feeling.

I slept with the radio on all night, just for background noise, because that damn place creaked and moaned like something else.

One night, I really thought I felt some kind of presence, and I sat down and just started talking. I said something like "John, I'm going to take good care of your house. You don't have to worry about me".

It was some experience. I don't know if it was his spirit, whatever. I do know that my perception of the whole thing was what was real, and I pretty much believed that something was going on there, but I somehow felt like whatever it was wouldn't hurt me.

BenHayes
08-11-2006, 06:21 PM
In my grandmothers house I have seen people appear and disappear. I have been sitting in the living room and seen the phone lift off the reciever and fall into the floor. My brother my cousin and myself witnessed the pool balls begin more or less scatter on their own. There are other things but those are a few.

Roy Tucker
08-11-2006, 06:22 PM
I can't say I believe in ghosts, but I do think there is something to it all. I just don't know what.

For sure I'd stay in a haunted house, sounds cool.

reds1869
08-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Ghosts/spirits, yes.

Haunted house: grew up in one. I didn't believe in ghosts until I moved out and started going back to visit my parents. When my wife had experiences like I'd had as a child--and I'd never mentioned them to her--I decided either 1) I wasn't nuts or 2) we're both nuts. One way or another, there's something out there we don't understand. Whether it's ghosts in the sense we describe them or some other phenomenon I don't know.

StillFunkyB
08-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Do you believe in ghosts or evil spirits? Would you be willing to spend a night alone in a remote house that is supposedly haunted?

Yes, and Yes. I'm not scurrrd.

MrCinatit
08-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Interesting, there is a thread just like this on a site i administer, so I will simply cut and paste my response:

live in a 180-year-old house which was supposedly built on an Indian burial ground.
Seems like the odds would be for me - but I have never seen nor sensed anything.
that said: I believe our intellect is actually part of a fifth dimension (up, down, side, time, "spirit" - for want of a better wordd). Upon death, we break from the three dimensions and become truly multi-dimensional creatures. However, some spirits are a bit stubborn - just as they were during the life phase - and refuse to part with this particular plane. Some have reasons - a lack of closure in their lives, perhaps (murder? revenge?). Some are content on remaining formless, others are a little more stubborn and again attempt to again take human shape. The images we see are actually bits of electrocally-excited bits of dust - along with their spirits interacting with our own spirits. In other words, they are playing with our minds - hence we are able to see them.
That is a very basic explaination - and of course pure speculation.

Oh, and I would so stay in a haunted house.

Chainer
08-11-2006, 08:43 PM
I am not sure if Ghost Hunters oN SciFi is a 'fake' production....

But, if you don't believe in ghosts....watch the episode where they film experiences in the Haunted Lighthouse episode. They actually catch a ghosts voice on film, and visuals/movement on camera that will make your hair stand up.

Sean_CaseyRules
08-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Yes I believe, and HECK YEAH I would stay in a haunted house. I LOOOOVE to be scared!!

FoReel
08-11-2006, 09:43 PM
What I love about Ghost-hunters is that they are actuall people. Unlike some of these paid actors physic stuff.(Well thats what I believe.) They don't really believe in the orb bs. They get cold hard evidence and then they evaluate that evidence, so be it video, audio, or human interaction.
Well change of subjection does anyone that lives in Butler County ever heard of the light, the legend is if you flash your lights three times, a ghostly biker comes at you. Well legend has it, that a guy going to his girlfriend from god knows where, his girlfriend was forbidden to see him by her father, so she would go to the road and flash her lights three times so the guy on the bike knows that he can come down the road, but one even a little kid on his bicycle was riding in the street(right over a little hill so he couldnt see the kid) and he trys to avoid the kid and hits the kid and runs into a telephone pole.
Well we didn't know about the kid on the bike.(We done it about 1,000 times when we got bored when we where in high school.) So one night we decided to smoke some cigars on the front of my friends car and wait for it. We were just chatting and then all the sudden, so these reflector lights, going back and forth and they were pretty bright, almost like a fla**** with a red filter on it. We played it off bc we just thought it was are eyes messing with use, when all the sudden a older looking car light came right at us( it was about 2 football fields away from us straight way in the middle of the road.) So we got in the car and drove off as fast as we could. Well the point of the story is that it was the only time it ever worked out of those 1,000 times and the only time we were actually out of the car. I just think that our minds were playing tricks with us becuase there a added fear factor, since we weren't in the "protection" of the car.
To awnser your questions, No and yes nothing like getting scared and getting the adreniline pumping.

P.S. Has anyone done the "light" or/and anyone that knows of any haunted sites in Butler County you can go see or try out?

08-12-2006, 01:53 AM
I'm open to the idea of their existence.

I would relish the thought of staying in a house considered haunted.

TeamBoone
08-12-2006, 03:06 AM
I think so...

No, not by myself anyway.

Tommyjohn25
08-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Oh, yeah. I believe, heck I've even gone looking for them in my younger days.

And I would LOVE to stay at a haunted house.

KittyDuran
08-12-2006, 02:07 PM
P.S. Has anyone done the "light" or/and anyone that knows of any haunted sites in Butler County you can go see or try out?
Elder-Beerman in DT Hamilton??? :devil:

FoReel
08-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Elder-Beerman in DT Hamilton??? :devil:
I heard that from someone i think my Grandmother. But also i heard about the Butler County Fair Grounds a shot himself there 80 years ago and still haunts it.

Ravenlord
08-12-2006, 03:24 PM
yes and very much.

yes.

and then yes to certain other things that involve metaphysics.

CrackerJack
08-13-2006, 04:39 PM
I am not sure if Ghost Hunters oN SciFi is a 'fake' production....

But, if you don't believe in ghosts....watch the episode where they film experiences in the Haunted Lighthouse episode. They actually catch a ghosts voice on film, and visuals/movement on camera that will make your hair stand up.

They've caught enough evidence on film and audio to make anyone question their own realities in my opinion.

Chainer
08-13-2006, 04:56 PM
They've caught enough evidence on film and audio to make anyone question their own realities in my opinion.

I think it's a good show, but I do question it every now and then. They do give a statement before every show that every caught on tape and audio is real and not staged....so in reality, I wouldn't know unless I was there. I'll take it for what it is, a spooky TV show. :thumbup:

BoydsOfSummer
08-13-2006, 05:02 PM
I totally dig those type shows and documentaries but I don't believe in ghosts or spirits of any kind. I'd love to see a ghost or something of that effect.

wheels
08-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Okay...So what's more plausible?

Some wafty spirit that leaves your body after you die, only to spend eternity moving chairs and slamming doors.

Or.

The possiblity that another civilization became advanced enough to travel vast distances?

Some of you believe one, and exclude the other.

Why?

cumberlandreds
08-14-2006, 10:03 AM

Yes, I believe even though I have never experienced a ghost or spirit. I think there are demons that like to get a hold of easily manipulated people. Demons are mentioned in the Bible are the main reason that I believe they exist. I think the ghosts of people exist from those who have died that feel like they had unfinished business left in this world and they don't want to cross over into the "other side." I think I would spend a night in a haunted house just to see what happens.

minus5
08-14-2006, 10:12 AM
I absolutely believe in the possibilities. Though I have never seen anything as far as an actual apparition, I have had a few very strange things that have happened to me and to my family over the years that I have never been able to come up with an explanation for. Would I spend he night in a reputed haunted house? You betcha.

dabvu2498
08-14-2006, 04:19 PM
It's Wehr Road, near Trenton. I tried it, with mixed results (I wrecked my car that night.)

Enjoy: http://www.ghostsofamerica.com/4/Ohio_Trenton_ghost_sightings.html

http://www.forgottenoh.com/Counties/Butler/wehr.html

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2001/10/28/loc_ghosts_where_you.html

StillFunkyB
08-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Funny thing about Ghost Hunters....

One of the guys on the show, I met his father at a barber shop when I was visiting my father in Jersey. The funny thing about it was it seemed as if he was a little nervous when the barber asked me if I had ever seen the show. Then after I said yes, and seemed really intrested he seemed a little more relaxed. It was as if he was afraid I was going to make fun of it or something.

They had that one episode where the guy holding the mic, and recording equipment got knocked on his rear end. That was pretty crazy.

CrackerJack
08-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Okay...So what's more plausible?

Some wafty spirit that leaves your body after you die, only to spend eternity moving chairs and slamming doors.

Or.

The possiblity that another civilization became advanced enough to travel vast distances?

Some of you believe one, and exclude the other.

Why?

I certainly don't exclude one or the other - the whole slew of phenonmenon needs to be investigated and learned about by humanity in general.

If it takes a couple of plumbers to get people to take it seriously - so be it.

Our whole concept of time, space and consciousness needs to be questioned and investigated - of course that conflicts with a lot folks institutionalized religious beliefs and societal norms, therefore it has been traditionally shunned. And no one (including myself) takes some whacky psychic seriously, who asks you to have "faith" in him or her - we're beyond that and require experience and evidence.

I think we're just now reaching the age of humanity where a combination of technology and the letting-go of archaic spirituality will allow us to take it more seriously and seek out answers on a larger scale.

Why anyone wouldn't be fascinated or interested in the subject matter, as human beings, eludes me entirely.

CrackerJack
08-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Funny thing about Ghost Hunters....

One of the guys on the show, I met his father at a barber shop when I was visiting my father in Jersey. The funny thing about it was it seemed as if he was a little nervous when the barber asked me if I had ever seen the show. Then after I said yes, and seemed really intrested he seemed a little more relaxed. It was as if he was afraid I was going to make fun of it or something.

They had that one episode where the guy holding the mic, and recording equipment got knocked on his rear end. That was pretty crazy.

I was actually pretty skeptical of that event on the show, until they played it over many times and interviewed the guy - he was genuinely shook up and the infrared inflammed tissue around his chin where the camera bag whalloped him were pretty indicative.

Both of his hands were busy holding other things and the bag pretty clearly just flew up for no reason into his face and knocked him to the ground.

It's pretty freaky stuff.

Falls City Beer
08-15-2006, 02:21 PM
No ghosts, no UFOs.

I'm as hardcore a materialist as you're going to find when it comes to such matters.

But I do believe in love--that is to say, that love is not "simply" a series of hormonal and chemical reactions.

And I believe, on a grander scale, that Love (with a capital "L") is more powerful than hate. I believe the world's problems are far more likely to be solved by love and compassion than hatred, ignorance, and violence.

So I have my flaky side, too. ;)

Jim Schue
08-15-2006, 03:30 PM
I've seen 'em before, so consider me a believer. I've stayed in houses that are haunted, and it's no big deal, really. Most of 'em, all they want is you to acknowledge them, and then they'll leave you alone.

Chainer
08-15-2006, 04:22 PM
I would have to say you'd kinda be insane to not believe in other life in the Universe besides what is on Earth. But, that's just my theory....

There's absolutely no way that we're the only planet with life on it....

RFS62
08-15-2006, 04:25 PM
And I believe, on a grander scale, that Love (with a capital "L") is more powerful than hate. I believe the world's problems are far more likely to be solved by love and compassion than hatred, ignorance, and violence.

I believe that children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way

Ltlabner
08-15-2006, 04:38 PM
I believe that children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way

RFS, for the first time EVER, I am tempted to neg you for such an offense as bringing up that dreck on a fine internet forum such as Redszone.

;)

CrackerJack
08-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Hippies

RichRed
08-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Hippies

Them I believe in.

Ghosts, just not sure.