PDA

View Full Version : Guillermo Mota DFA'd

TheBigLebowski
08-11-2006, 06:45 PM
I can't help but wonder if Krivsky's giving him a look.

I think he's done, but his velocity is still good.

Falls City Beer
08-11-2006, 06:46 PM
I can't help but wonder if Krivsky's giving him a look.

I think he's done, but his velocity is still good.

Better bet than stiffs like Lohse and Majewski.

KronoRed
08-11-2006, 06:47 PM
DFA? lets get him.

TheBigLebowski
08-11-2006, 06:48 PM

And Ryan Franklin.

I've been impressed with the very, very small amount I've seen of Lohse, however. Let's see what he does tonight.

Falls City Beer
08-11-2006, 06:49 PM
And Ryan Franklin.

I've been impressed with the very, very small amount I've seen of Lohse, however. Let's see what he does tonight.

It's a small park up here in Philly.

reds44
08-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Loshe has good stuff. I think he will surprise us.

Falls City Beer
08-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Loshe has good stuff. I think he will surprise us.

The human brain is an organizing organ: in globs of clouds, we try to find distinct forms.

In small samples, we see effectiveness in perpetuity.

Reds1
08-11-2006, 11:56 PM
The human brain is an organizing organ: in globs of clouds, we try to find distinct forms.

In small samples, we see effectiveness in perpetuity.

Man, Lohse came up big. If you've watched him pitch the last two games you wouldn't say this kid is so bad. He knows how to pitch. Works in and out. Has a fastball in the mid 90s and has a slider and big curve. I'm not sure I know from what I"ve seen why he struggled so much early. He came up huge tonight and our defense again blew this game. Griffey should have made the catch and LaRue fires one to the outfield. Heck, I'd take Lohse over EZ right now. EZ just sucks. He can't find the plate all the sudden.

marcshoe
08-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Can Mota manage?

(sorry. I still can't see to think clearly. The steam coming out of my ears is fogging up my glasses.)

Wheelhouse
08-12-2006, 12:02 AM

Lohse certainly has not looked like a stiff the last two starts. And Majewski is a good pitcher when he isn't run into the ground.

marcshoe
08-12-2006, 12:17 AM
I don't get Lohse. Good velocity. Decent pitches. ERA over seven.

I haven't looked into his numbers, but on the surface, I just don't get it. His numbers make him look like a stiff, but he doesn't look like he should be a stiff.

REDREAD
08-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Ok, here's a question.. is this a way to get around the waiver process, by just DFAing someone? Or was Mota passed through waivers unclaimed before DFAed?

LoganBuck
08-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Good Question RR? My guess is that because the original team has no chance to pull him back unlike waivers it does circumvent the waiver process.

However if would he still have to clear waivers to be traded and did not clear, would it essentially be a refused outright assignment, or unconditional release, resulting in free agency for the player? Didn't the Reds get Mike Morgan this way one year in September.

LoganBuck
08-12-2006, 12:49 AM
Yep Mike Morgan did accomplish this one year with the Reds but he was released in St. Louis and then signed as a FA.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/m/morgami01.shtml#TRANS