PDA

View Full Version : The camera shot at the end of the game...

EKURed
08-11-2006, 11:41 PM
The camera shot of Encarnacion sitting dejected on the bench at the end of the game should be frozen and stuck in Narron's face every day he shows up. How in the hell can you continually take out your best hitter in the late innings??? With their bullpen, his assumptions are ridiculous that Encarnacion can't make the necessary plays! How many at bats do you think he missed out on?? I know Hollandsworth struck out 3 times so I'm guessing our best hitter missed out on 3 chances to put the Reds ahead.

Narron's treatment of Encarnacion is simply unacceptable and if I'm Krivsky I'm letting Narron know that tonight after the game.

It is awful...simply awful....that could be their playoff shot right there...

eagle
08-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Taking Encanarcion out was probably a mistake! However, Bill Bray and Guardardo have to nail down the game, that was ridiculous! This bullpen better step up.

dieselman44
08-11-2006, 11:46 PM
It wasnt Guardado's fault that the run scored, it was unearned.

RedsFanInMD
08-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Taking Encanarcion out was probably a mistake! However, Bill Bray and Guardardo have to nail down the game, that was ridiculous! This bullpen better step up.

True, but Eddie would have wiggled out of that with a save if Ross hadn't thrown the ball into centerfield. Hang this loss on JR.

EKURed
08-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Through it all, the most agitating thing to me is Narron's handling of Encarnacion. It's absurd...

goreds2
08-11-2006, 11:57 PM
EE has been playing good defense lately also. :confused:

EKURed
08-11-2006, 11:58 PM

He is the Reds best hitter....HANDS DOWN...

I know Hatteberg has a better average, but EE is the guy I want at the plate in any crucial situation...

crazybob60
08-12-2006, 12:02 AM
And with us needing to score runs tonight, well heck, not runs but simply just one run, and Edwin Encarnacion already having two ding dongs, you would think the light bulb would have already have lit up and gone brighter like 100 times over. But unfortunately not....which is sad....very sad.

EKURed
08-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Narron has got to learn after tonight. But, alas, he won't!

cReds1
08-12-2006, 12:07 AM
The camera shot of Encarnacion sitting dejected on the bench at the end of the game should be frozen and stuck in Narron's face every day he shows up. How in the hell can you continually take out your best hitter in the late innings??? With their bullpen, his assumptions are ridiculous that Encarnacion can't make the necessary plays! How many at bats do you think he missed out on?? I know Hollandsworth struck out 3 times so I'm guessing our best hitter missed out on 3 chances to put the Reds ahead.

Narron's treatment of Encarnacion is simply unacceptable and if I'm Krivsky I'm letting Narron know that tonight after the game.

It is awful...simply awful....that could be their playoff shot right there...

What are you talking about Willis, Krivsky will give him another contract extension, crap, he probably has Ofer Grif and sidekick Ofer Dunn in there too.

Blue
08-12-2006, 12:13 AM
tomorrow's game can't get here fast enough. That was as tough to take as the 13-1 shalacking on Monday.

EKURed
08-12-2006, 12:39 AM
tomorrow's game can't get here fast enough. That was as tough to take as the 13-1 shalacking on Monday.

In my opinion, tonight was much tougher and much more gut wrenching. The Dunn AB with the bases loaded and 1 out really hurts now...

TOBTTReds
08-12-2006, 01:38 AM
Narron has got to learn after tonight. But, alas, he won't!

True, you must have noticed our starting SS then too.

2001MUgrad
08-12-2006, 02:15 AM
I noticed that too about EE in the dugout. I thought it was 100% foolish when Narron did it. He may handle things well off the field, but his in game decisions are nothing short of fool blown ignorant. Didn't we run into that some sort of situation earlier in the year with him subbing Freel for Dunn?? Narron misused the bullpen and screwed up the roation. This team has bounced back from loses so far this year and seem to have a short memory. I hope this is the case here tonight. But, I think Narron might have screwed up the pitching something horrible. If the Reds do not bounce back from this, Narron needs to find a new job.

reds44
08-12-2006, 02:38 AM
At least somebody on this team has some dang heart.

reds44
08-12-2006, 02:41 AM
He has probably been our best glove man since the ASB.

No I am not kidding.

He for sure has been our best hitter.

Razor Shines
08-12-2006, 02:58 AM
Tell me who doesn't.

KronoRed
08-12-2006, 02:59 AM
Tell me who doesn't.
Robot man.

reds44
08-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Tell me who doesn't.
Ryan Freel.

He has a midget. :evil:

Razor Shines
08-12-2006, 03:04 AM
Oh I didn't know you literally meant "heart", I thought you were using it in a way that meant he was the only one trying or who cared. My bad.

GAC
08-12-2006, 07:48 AM
Through it all, the most agitating thing to me is Narron's handling of Encarnacion. It's absurd...

True.... but that didn't cost us the game last night....a couple defensive and stupid mental mistakes/decisions on the field did. And it only takes one. ;)

And yet, there was also some excellent defensive plays that also killed Phily rallies (Freel @ 3B, Hollingsworth in RF, Clayton DP).

goreds2
08-12-2006, 09:24 AM

I hope I am incorrect thinking this but after last nights game, the Phillies are going to come in tonight thinking they are WORLD CHAMPIONS and can beat ANYONE. The Reds better have their A game or it could be a LOOOONNNGGG night.

MaineRed
08-12-2006, 09:59 AM

Not sure what this comment means. I see you tried to wiggle out of it but you didn't really explain what you meant.

Based on what was said, and how it was said, I would say that you believe the team has a, "heart", issue. Meaning nobody cares. Only EE.

This is absurd to me.

Its obvious Eddie Guardado has heart and I know that you know he does.

Ryan Freel is full of heart. Maybe as much as anyone in baseball. Hard to find someone with more.

Javy Valentin has heart. Big time.

Brandon Phillips loves to play this game and he doesn't give up. He has had some huge late game hits for this team.

Adam Dunn has heart. So does Griff, even if he doesn't wear it on his sleeve.

What about Hatteberg? Did you see him snap at the ump the other day when he thought he was getting screwed at the plate.

I think your comment was a cheap shot at the team. I know you are just looking for a way to elevate EE but doing it at the expense of the rest of the team, when they have had some of the wins they have had is unfortunate.

Edwin is a nice player and I love him being on the Reds but he is not the straw that stirs the drink.

ChatterRed
08-12-2006, 10:09 AM
I agree. You don't take the guy out who's actually getting hits while everyone else is struggling in the game.

A real HEADSCRATCHER.

EE should never have left the game. He's swinging a hot bat.

jamess697
08-12-2006, 10:13 AM
True, but Eddie would have wiggled out of that with a save if Ross hadn't thrown the ball into centerfield. Hang this loss on JR.
How is it that Griff can get by without giving any effort in a pennant race.

Redhook
08-12-2006, 10:19 AM
How is it that Griff can get by without giving any effort in a pennant race.

Are you serious? Wow, what a bad comment. He's not having a great year, but he works very hard. He has screws holding his legs together. SCREWS. He cannot run like he used to. That doesn't mean he isn't giving any effort. Give the guy a break. He busted his butt to be out there and would give anything to win a championship.

ukredsfan
08-12-2006, 10:48 AM
I agree. Griffey didn't catch the ball hit to center in the eighth, but he was able to make a play on it. If he doesn't get to that ball and deflect it, it's probabily a home run. He didn't make the play the way he once would've, but he did give EFFORT and save one run.

Dom Heffner
08-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Note to Krivsky:

If you're going to trade for bullpen help, make sure you that's what you get.