PDA

View Full Version : EZ still starting/ Cormier was unavailable with 'some sort of hip problem'

reds44
08-12-2006, 02:19 AM
Quick turnaround

PHILADELPHIA -- Despite throwing 15 pitches tonight, Elizardo Ramirez remains the probable starter for tomorrow's (today's, whatever) game.

Narron said there is a contingency plan of some sort if for some reason EZ can't go tomorrow, but he didn't say what that plan would be. Maybe Milton coming back early? I don't know. Louisville's got a day/night doubleheader on the road tomorrow, so I doubt it'd be anyone from down there.

Anyway, plan on EZ tomorrow. But there's no way they can be expecting him to pitch more than six, and I have no idea what they're going to do with the bullpen. Cormier apparently was unavailable with some sort of hip problem, but Narron thinks he'll be ready to go tomorrow.

And now, as I hit my 20th hour awake, I'm going to try to find my way back to the hotel and go to bed. Farewell...
-Lancaster

He only threw 15 pitches today? He faced 5 guys and threw 15 pitches? I gotta figure he is still tipping his pitches.

KronoRed
08-12-2006, 02:55 AM
Either tipping or the league has a book on him now.

GAC
08-12-2006, 07:04 AM
Either tipping or the league has a book on him now.

They got the entire Chilton tech manual it seems. ;)

penantboundreds
08-12-2006, 12:14 PM
alright, isnt this odd that his hip problem was that big of a problem that he couldnt give us one inning yesterday but today he is going to be fine? that just seems dumb

Kc61
08-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Forget yesterday, it's hard to imagine Ramirez pitching tonight. With the bullpen all used up, EZ has to pitch deep into the game. This could result in a rather ugly situation given his recent woes.

Maybe the best thing is to send EZ out for awhile and bring up a fresh arm for tonight.

Highlifeman21
08-12-2006, 02:00 PM
He only threw 15 pitches today? He faced 5 guys and threw 15 pitches? I gotta figure he is still tipping his pitches.

4 of them were of the free pass variety. The other 11 looked to be about the same quality Narron himself offered to our bats during BP. I'm still sick to my stomach from last night's game.

Redsland
08-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Milton PH'd last night, but didn't pitch. He's currently scheduled to go tomorrow. So I'd look for him and EZ to switch places.