PDA

View Full Version : Quick Turnaround

RedLegSuperStar
08-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Per Marc:
Despite throwing 15 pitches tonight, Elizardo Ramirez remains the probable starter for tomorrow's (today's, whatever) game.

Narron said there is a contingency plan of some sort if for some reason EZ can't go tomorrow, but he didn't say what that plan would be. Maybe Milton coming back early? I don't know. Louisville's got a day/night doubleheader on the road tomorrow, so I doubt it'd be anyone from down there.

Anyway, plan on EZ tomorrow. But there's no way they can be expecting him to pitch more than six, and I have no idea what they're going to do with the bullpen. Cormier apparently was unavailable with some sort of hip problem, but Narron thinks he'll be ready to go tomorrow.

And now, as I hit my 20th hour awake, I'm going to try to find my way back to the hotel and go to bed. Farewell...

I'm guessing the outcome wont be what we are expecting.

RedLegSuperStar
08-12-2006, 10:08 AM
I think I would start another former Phillie and then another on Sunday.

What if we moved Milton up a start since he has the most rest of any starter. Then on Sunday start Ryan Franklin? I know Franklin has been in relief all season but he has been a starter and some extra modivation facing a team that DFA'd him.

princeton
08-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Belisle looks ready. He alson went an inning last night. My guess is that he at least gets activated for the bullpen tonight, and maybe even goes into a tandem arrangement with the Lizard.

Standridge pitched last night on "rehab." What exactly is his injury: the I've-got-no-minor-league-options tendinitis?

I wonder what's the Reds' record for number of pitchers used in August?

Krusty
08-12-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm guessing the outcome wont be what we are expecting.

I think Ramirez might have a tired arm too. You could see he wasn't fooling anyone in the 14th inning last night. I would like to know what the contigency plan is today if Ramirez can't go.

penantboundreds
08-12-2006, 12:11 PM
i wouldnt start elizardo even if he can pitch...i dont know who id pitch but it wouldnt be him

KronoRed
08-12-2006, 03:52 PM
The other option is Milton :help:

Mario-Rijo
08-12-2006, 04:45 PM
I think Ramirez might have a tired arm too. You could see he wasn't fooling anyone in the 14th inning last night. I would like to know what the contigency plan is today if Ramirez can't go.

Chris Michalak would be my guess.

Matt700wlw
08-12-2006, 04:47 PM
I'd let Milton pitch on 4 days....he gets an extra day of rest with Monday off...

Frankly, I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with EZ going anymore right now.....I'm not giving up on him (he's 23), but maybe he needs to go to Louisville and go back to the drawing board.