PDA

View Full Version : WilyMo needs a single for the cycle.....

Eric_Davis
08-12-2006, 05:20 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/live/MLB_20060812_BAL@BOS

He's got the double, triple, and homerun...

He's up next...

Eric_Davis
08-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Pitch 1 - Foul
Pitch 2 - Called Strike
Pitch 3 - Swinging Strike

Wily Mo Pena strikes out swinging.

redsrule2500
08-12-2006, 11:52 PM
ha, good. here's to hoping he doesn't get it.

NDRed
08-13-2006, 12:09 AM

And why?

KronoRed
08-13-2006, 12:54 AM
And why?
Yeah why? cause he was traded? :dunno:

remdog
08-13-2006, 12:59 AM

Why would it matter? :confused:

Rem

OnBaseMachine
08-13-2006, 01:03 AM
I've never understood why fans root against players that were traded to another team? :dunno:

remdog
08-13-2006, 01:09 AM
Well, WMP didn't get the cycle. I've always been (a little more) intriged by hitting for the cycle than a no-hitter. The cycle is more rare and it somehow fascinates me how tough and precise it is to do. It also seems like a player will often get the toughest of the hits to accomplish, the triple, and then fail to get what would seem to be the easiest, the single. That's what happened to Wily Mo tonight. I don't have any stats to back that up, it's just the way it seems to me. :dunno:

Rem

Phhhl
08-13-2006, 01:20 AM
I don't understand why anyone would root against him, but I wouldn't care if he got it either. No player's career is judged by what he does in a single game anyway. Besides, the cycle is remarkable because it is so rare, not because it is the greatest night of offense a hitter can experience. I find three and four home run evenings much more compelling.

We all know Willy Mo can hit and is bound to put up counting stats so long as he plays.

WVRedsFan
08-13-2006, 01:47 AM
I've never understood why fans root against players that were traded to another team? :dunno:

I always hope they do well unless it's against the Reds. I was rooting for WMP.

TeamBoone
08-13-2006, 03:47 AM

Strange reaction.

I love Wily Mo and wish he'd gotten it. I read the box every night to see how he's done... same with Kearns, Casey (a HR tonight), and Lopez.

MrCinatit
08-13-2006, 04:15 AM
I've been rooting for the kid for a long time - since way before we traded him, and will continue to do so. I never could figure out Marty's "lazy" comments about him, though - I thought last year, they said he was one of the few players who took extra batting practice.
Granted, the guy is a little scary in the field...but his bat...wow.