PDA

View Full Version : A Revelation

runfreelrun
08-12-2006, 06:56 PM
There has been alot of upset, negative posts lately, including myself, but today as I was working I realized something. Our Reds are only 3 1/2 games out of 1st place and it's August 12th, it's been along time since that has happened. We have a legitimate ace of our staff in Aaron Harang. We have a future star at shortstop (currently our 2b) in Brandon Phillips. Adam Dunn is on pace to hit 40 hr for the fourth straight year. We have a true phenom pitching prospect who doesn't have a bad arm (knock on wood) in Homer Bailey. We have potentially the best outfield prospect in all of baseball in Jay Bruce and drafted one this year who potentially will be the best defensive outfielder in all of baseball. Plus, many other minor leaguers in our system have had breakthrough years, showing much hope for the future. All of this and I haven't even mentione EE who I think is going to be a bona fide stud power hitting corner infielder. Throw on top of that Hatteberg, Arroyo, Ross, Bray, Coffey and Majewski and we have a solid foundation for the present and the future. But most importantly we have an owner who wants to win and will spend the money to do it and a GM who I think will build us into contenders for years to come. Thank You Reds for a fun year and let's win the pennant!

nkufan
08-12-2006, 07:01 PM
i love your postiveness i believe too last night was hard to take and i been upset all day but we will win today. It hard to lose those kinda of games but it happens we win and then win tomorrow and take the series.
I appericate you helping get upbeat!:beerme:

adampad
08-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Its too hard to stay positive when you see this team shoot themselves in the foot over and over. I really dont think this team will even finish .500. But I can hope and cheer the whole way!!

toledodan
08-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Its too hard to stay positive when you see this team shoot themselves in the foot over and over. I really dont think this team will even finish .500. But I can hope and cheer the whole way!!

good points but its easy to start thinking its falling apart. last nights game the way it played out didn't do the reds any favors.

lo ryder
08-12-2006, 08:23 PM
If this team played fundamentally sound baseball, they would have a few more W's in the standings. Some of the mistakes we have witnessed this year are things a Little Leaguer could call out. However, I love the new ownership and GM and finally see that light at the end of the tunnel. And remember, It's not over till its over.

HumnHilghtFreel
08-12-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm fairly excited for the offseason this year. With an owner who's saying he'll pony up some money to produce a winner, a few pieces already in place and then all the money freed up by "the trade," I'm hoping it will be eventful.

But right now, you're right... who expected us to be in the hunt for a pennant before the season? I know most of the media didn't. Enjoy while it's in front of us.