PDA

View Full Version : Elizardo to Louisville

reds44
08-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Makes sense

PHILADELPHIA -- The Reds optioned Elizardo Ramirez to Louisville after the game.

No corresponding move until tomorrow. I'd guess Belisle or maybe Shackelford.
-marc

redsrule2500
08-12-2006, 10:53 PM
o snap!

RedLegSuperStar
08-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Should of never started tonight.. some one needs to take Michalak's spot in AAA. My guess Franklin moves into the rotation or purhaps even Michalak.. but I think he just proved he'd be good in long relief.

Tommyjohn25
08-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Goodness! That was fast! It needed to happen, but wow!!

RedLegSuperStar
08-12-2006, 11:08 PM
I bet it's Belisle.. he's been solid in his rehab starts and didn't pitch at all during the double header today

captainmorgan07
08-12-2006, 11:14 PM
prolly belisle just gotat make sure his back is all right

KronoRed
08-12-2006, 11:54 PM
Belisle has started before, could be a good thing

remdog
08-13-2006, 12:12 AM
So, has Narron sacraficed a promising 23 year old by inept manageing?

Talk amongst yourselfs.

Rem

edabbs44
08-13-2006, 12:20 AM
Scary that the 4 and 5 starters could be Lohse and Franklin. Scary stuff.

jnwohio
08-13-2006, 12:22 AM
I figured it would be a trip the DL to keep Lizard in the playoff eligible pool; and they would rest him for 10 days or so then start a "rehab" assignment.

Lohse, Franklin, and Michalek have been the strongest looking pitchers in the last couple of weeks. In the case of Lohse and Franklin it could be fresh (underused) arms facing tired bats in the dog days. For all of them maybe a newsness factor in so far as NL hitters have not seen that much of them.

Find a way to use all three and ride them as far as they can carry the load.

Doc. Scott
08-13-2006, 12:30 AM

Talk amongst yourselfs.

Rem

Sure, he should never have been used in relief last night (I would have made Cormier and his arthritic hip or whatever go out there-either you're available or you're on the DL), but I think Elizardo has been struggling these past couple of weeks on his own merits, not anything Jerry Narron has done or not done.

redsmetz
08-13-2006, 06:54 AM
Sure, he should never have been used in relief last night (I would have made Cormier and his arthritic hip or whatever go out there-either you're available or you're on the DL), but I think Elizardo has been struggling these past couple of weeks on his own merits, not anything Jerry Narron has done or not done.

Exactly. And I don't even question the relief stint. If Ramierez would have had to go longer Friday night, then they could have cobbled together a starter by committee situation. For the earlier post to have said suggested we've sacrificed Ramierez is a bit much. He's been struggling and hopefully getting down to Louisville he can regain his form and confidence.

Kc61
08-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Against Philly, Shack should come up (if it's allowed, he needs to be down 10 days before coming back).

Reds need another lefty in the pen against Philly today. They can bring back Belisle later.

Belisle cannot start. He has a bad back. He hasn't started for years and wasn't very good at it then. He has pitched a couple of single innings in rehab. He is not a starting option.

KronoRed
08-13-2006, 04:13 PM

Talk amongst yourselfs.

Rem
Nah too early to say he's been Reithed.

NDRed
08-13-2006, 05:49 PM

Talk amongst yourselfs.

Rem

IMO if that ruined him he didn't have it anyway.

max venable
08-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Whatever happened to the idea of a rotation featuring:

Harang
Arroyo
Milton
Claussen
Wilson

???

Dang!