PDA

View Full Version : Did Narron Make a Good Move Starting EZ?

reds44
08-13-2006, 02:00 AM
By the way, someone asked Narron after the game whether he'd considered starting Michalak instead. He said he got about 30 minutes of sleep last night, mostly pondering that question.

"Knowing what we had in the bullpen, I really felt better with Ramirez starting and being picked up by Michalak than the other way around, and that is what I stayed up all night tossing and turning about. I really felt like we had a better chance of winning with Michalak picking up Ramirez."

If you know you're going to use both of them, that approach makes sense to me. You know EZ's confidence is shot, but you give him a chance, figuring maybe the change in routine with pitching last night jump-starts him. When it doesn't, you've got a guy you know you can use for a number of innings behind him. If you start Michalak and he gets drilled, you wouldn't have much confidence that EZ would hold down the fort.
-lancaster

It does make sense........

RedsMan3203
08-13-2006, 02:03 AM
And, Yes.. Sometimes Narron makes sense... Other times.. its WTF!

TOBTTReds
08-13-2006, 02:12 AM
I would have choosen Milton. Then EZ tomorrow. But I'm not real upset about. I think it is good that we didn't go with Milton, because could have really ruined his rythm (if he had one).

KronoRed
08-13-2006, 03:24 AM
He probably had a good idea what EZ was going to bring, why put it off till Sunday and mess with Milton's schedule?

2001MUgrad
08-13-2006, 03:31 AM
Has Narron made a good move in a month??

Matt700wlw
08-13-2006, 01:35 PM

Some would say he hasn't made a good move ever.

Redmachine2003
08-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Yes he made a good move Starting EZ. It was the bad move of letting him work out the pen the night before because he burned up the bullpen in the game.

KronoRed
08-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Today's lineup came close.

paulrichjr
08-14-2006, 09:00 AM
I would have choosen Milton. Then EZ tomorrow. But I'm not real upset about. I think it is good that we didn't go with Milton, because could have really ruined his rythm (if he had one).

(If he had one.)????

I would say that Milton is our second best starter and has done very well in most games this year (until the 7th). Give me 6 innings and then let this "wonderful" bullpen do the remainder...

Caveat Emperor
08-14-2006, 09:26 AM
(If he had one.)????

I would say that Milton is our second best starter and has done very well in most games this year (until the 7th). Give me 6 innings and then let this "wonderful" bullpen do the remainder...

Milton gets beaten up fairly regularly around here -- and usually deservedly so. However, he's been extremely effective his last four or five times out there. His peripherals have been just slightly above awful, indicating he's due to get hit (and hard) here fairly soon, but he has given this team a chance to win over his last month or so of starts.

It may not be worth $9+ million, but at this point in the season and in this kind of race, I'll take good pitching in whatever form it comes.

Just don't be shocked when the other shoe drops.