Ga_Red
08-15-2006, 12:19 AM
2/09/07

redsrule2500
08-15-2006, 12:33 AM
well half of that is right..

medford
08-15-2006, 05:30 AM
I noticed that this morning. W/ 2 math errors you would have thought someond would have caught the errors. Of course I guess all the editors were english majors, definently not math.

15fan
08-15-2006, 06:22 AM
The Dayton Daily News:

Just slightly better than the Sixth Grade Gazette.

cumberlandreds
08-15-2006, 06:44 AM
New math. ;)

MrCinatit
08-15-2006, 07:47 AM
I noticed that this morning. W/ 2 math errors you would have thought someond would have caught the errors. Of course I guess all the editors were english majors, definently not math.

Maybe the editors have thought "The heck with it...it's Hal."

Heath
08-15-2006, 09:16 AM
The Dayton Daily News:

Just slightly better than the Sixth Grade Gazette.

Don't insult the editor of the Sixth Grade Gazette.

There's a reason why they call it the "Dayton Deadly News".

Chip R
08-15-2006, 09:34 AM
How dare you people question Hal's math. He is a hall of famer and anything he says is supposed to be taken as gospel. If Hal says that we'll be a half game up if we sweep then that's the way it is. ;)

MrCinatit
08-15-2006, 09:49 AM
ok...ok...here is how I came up with his logic.
If we take one game, we are a half game out.
If we take the next game...we only gain a half game. Because it is the Cardinals and George Grande would not like it any other way.
IF we take the third game, again, we only gain a half game. See above.
It will be then when the George Grande rule will be in effect. For every day the Cardinals lose and the Reds win, the Reds gain half a game.
For every day both teams win or both lose - the Cardinals gain a lead. They are the Cardinals.
For every day the Cardinals win and the Reds lose, the Cardinals gain two games.
If one team is off, the Cardinals automatically gain a game, no matter the outcome.
If both teams are off, the Prince Albert Trump Card is played and the Cardinals gain five games.
See isn't this easy? By my calculations, the Cardinals will either win the division by 1,234.5 games, or 0.5 games.
Fear the Cardinals, for they will even defeat mathamatical probabilities.

KittyDuran
08-15-2006, 10:22 AM
So this is how it should be...?

If the Reds win all three, they take first place by a 1. If they win two, they trail by a half-game. If they win one it is 2. If they win none it is 4.

BTW... someone needs to send a email...

Chip R
08-15-2006, 10:44 AM
BTW... someone needs to send a email...

I understand Jim Beattie has some free time on his hands. ;)

Super_Barry11
08-15-2006, 02:09 PM
I sat there this morning for like five minutes during breakfast trying to figure out why Hal and I were coming up with different numbers!! :laugh: My brain is never fully awake at breakfast, so I just assumed that I was calculating incorrectly and moved on. Good to know that my math skills haven't eroded too much since I graduated college a couple months ago!! :p:

alexad
08-15-2006, 05:54 PM
I sat there this morning for like five minutes during breakfast trying to figure out why Hal and I were coming up with different numbers!! :laugh: My brain is never fully awake at breakfast, so I just assumed that I was calculating incorrectly and moved on. Good to know that my math skills haven't eroded too much since I graduated college a couple months ago!! :p:

Maybe he had trouble seeing his fingers when he was counting??:help:

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 12:06 AM
I am too embrassed to e-mail him. Math is more of a guideline these days.

Sea Ray
08-17-2006, 04:41 PM
I am too embrassed to e-mail him. Math is more of a guideline these days.

Wouldn't do any good. He'd either blame his editors or tell you that 2 + 2 = 5.