PDA

View Full Version : Redsfest Is Back

RedLegSuperStar
08-15-2006, 07:38 AM
cincinnati.com/cincinnati enquirer:

Redsfest back on the calendar

The Kahn's Redsfest is back. The event, coming off a two-year absence, is scheduled for Dec. 1-2 at Duke Energy Center downtown.

The festival, which allows fans to interact with current and former Reds - and even mascot Gapper - was not held in 2004 or 2005 because of construction on the convention center.

"The Cincinnati Reds are very proud and excited to announce the return of Redsfest, our annual fan festival," said Reds chief executive officer Bob Castellini. "This year's event will kick off annual festivities that are more unique and spectacular than anything we've offered in the past. Our sponsors have really stepped up so that we can make this the premier preseason event for Reds fans."

Times and ticket information have not been announced, but fans can register online at www.reds.com/redsfest to win four VIP Redsfest Experience packages, which include four tickets to the event, an autographed program, a personalized Reds jersey and bat, and a meet-and-greet session with Reds players and coaches.

Entries also can be mailed on postcards to Great American Ball Park, c/o Redsfest VIP Experience, 100 Main St., Cincinnati, OH 45202.

Virginia Beach Reds
08-15-2006, 07:42 AM
Gotta love that Castellini guy. What a turnaround from the previous regime in positive energy both on and off the field.

RFS62
08-15-2006, 07:42 AM
Free head of lettuce for the first 1,000 through the gate

StillFunkyB
08-15-2006, 08:29 AM
The festival, which allows fans to interact with current and former Reds - and even mascot Gapper - was not held in 2004 or 2005 because of construction on the convention center.

What a load of BS.

They couldn't of scheduled it for another venue?

dabvu2498
08-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Free head of lettuce for the first 1,000 through the gate
Dang it! I was hoping for some apples.

Chip R
08-15-2006, 09:26 AM
What a load of BS.

They couldn't of scheduled it for another venue?

Funny thing is they could have scheduled it for the convention center. I mean they had all the usual shows in there the past couple of years, why not RedsFest?

paulrichjr
08-15-2006, 10:08 AM
My boys will be so excited!!! My youngest was born in 1999 and I named him after the Reds first round draft choice the year before WITHOUT telling my wife. She found out about it about 6 months after his birth. He has talked for 2 years about going to Redsfest and getting to meet Austin Kearns like his brother got to do at the last one... He was very upset after the trade...

Ltlabner
08-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Another check mark in the favorable catagory for Mr. C.

What a great way to encourage fan interest in the reds and strengthen the interest of those already reds fans.

Smart, smart, business.

savafan
08-15-2006, 10:19 AM
which allows fans to interact with current and former Reds - and even mascot Gapper -

What? Gapper's going to be there? Wow, now I HAVE to go!