PDA

View Full Version : I need HELP!! Redszone RADIO!!??

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 01:31 PM
ok... I hope this is Ok to post here. I'd really like to make this work.

Is there a way we can do an internet radio show on Redszone? OR, can I get someone to help me make my own with links to and from Redszone? I probably need to be making this request to Boss, GIK, GAC and the rest but would, could anyone help?

I think it is possible.

redssouth
08-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Forget internet radio... its all about the podcast!!!

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Forget internet radio... its all about the podcast!!!

Educate me. Please!!!

ryanparkersongs
08-16-2006, 01:41 PM
You just need something to record the show with (i.e., computer with a microphone), software (it's free) to convert the audio file you record to MP3 (preferably), and someplace to put it on the Internet. It would be nice if RedsZone let you put the recorded show on their site. You would have at least one listener in myself! I always enjoy reading your insightful posts. Just let me tryout to do the intro and outro songs for the show! :)

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 01:43 PM
You just need something to record the show with (i.e., computer with a microphone), software (it's free) to convert the audio file you record to MP3 (preferably), and someplace to put it on the Internet. It would be nice if RedsZone let you put the recorded show on their site. You would have at least one listener in myself! I always enjoy reading your insightful posts. Just let me tryout to do the intro and outro songs for the show! :)

No tryouts needed. You spoke up first, you get to go first.

Can you call me and help me with this? PM me.

GIK
08-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Interesting post, TC. Please forward your proposal and or any additional info to myself and Boss. Thanks.

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Interesting post, TC. Please forward your proposal and or any additional info to myself and Boss. Thanks.

Just forwarded to Boss. Was working my through the list.

Joseph
08-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Highly interesting idea.

Every show needs a Joe.

I'm available, and can possibly help with some web stuffs too. Moderate skill level on that front.

TRF
08-16-2006, 01:54 PM
I think this is an outstanding idea. There are a number of web developers that post here (smith288 and myself included) If you need any help, let me know.

roundboy22
08-16-2006, 01:55 PM
I don't know much about broadcasting but I can drink like Harry Carey.

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 01:55 PM
I think this is an outstanding idea. There are a number of web developers that post here (smith288 and myself included) If you need any help, let me know.

let's see what GIK and Boss say. I really think it would be fun.

I'd love to find a way to do 30 mins of call-ins. Probably too far fetched.

IDEAS PLEASE!!!!!!!

Heath
08-16-2006, 01:56 PM
I can team up with woy and he and I can discuss at length of how Ray Jablonski wasn't really that bad of a third baseman.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Heath
08-16-2006, 01:56 PM
let's see what GIK and Boss say. I really think it would be fun.

I'd love to find a way to do 30 mins of call-ins. Probably too far fetched.

IDEAS PLEASE!!!!!!!

We could just email you and you pick out a few questions and read them.

Chip R
08-16-2006, 01:58 PM
I probably need to be making this request to Boss, GIK, GAC and the rest but would, could anyone help?

GAC? :confused: :laugh:

vaticanplum
08-16-2006, 01:58 PM
I can team up with woy and he and I can discuss at length of how Ray Jablonski wasn't really that bad of a third baseman.

Only if you are drinking.

Joseph
08-16-2006, 01:59 PM
GAC? :confused: :laugh:

He doesn't respect [y]our authority!

Heath
08-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Only if you are drinking.

You bring some Old Style from the Windy City and I'll talk.

:eek:

Razor Shines
08-16-2006, 02:01 PM
TC, I think you and Steel SD should do the show. Who on here wouldn't want to listen? You could call it something like "The Scout and The Stat Guy".

vaticanplum
08-16-2006, 02:01 PM
TC, I think you and Steel SD should do the show. Who on here wouldn't want to listen? You could call it something like "The Scout and The Stat Guy".

There is a jingly theme song in there somewhere.

TRF
08-16-2006, 02:02 PM

Managing the phone calls would be tough. Reading e-mails, doing a few interviews, much easier.

A few things to think about:

How will you be recording? do you have equipment to record phone interviews?

Committment. Can you commit to a consistent schedule?

Content. All teams? general info? one team? your format will be important.

Red Leader
08-16-2006, 02:03 PM
There is a jingly theme song in there somewhere.

and ryanparkersongs is going to bring it to life.

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 02:03 PM

That wouldn't be too bad. A mailbag idea could work. I think it is necessary. Interaction a little different than what we have on the board would be best.

redsmetz
08-16-2006, 02:07 PM
TC, I tried sending you a PM, but your box is full. Send me a private message or email me. I have a friend who has worked in radio for a number of years who might have some interest.

MartyFan
08-16-2006, 02:08 PM
I think this is an awesome idea...I am going to PM you.

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 02:09 PM

That would be a great show. I wonder if we would bludgeon each other to death? LOL! I jsut gave him a bunch of crap on another thread, but I really do like him. Even though he is a clown. Just don't tell him.

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Managing the phone calls would be tough. Reading e-mails, doing a few interviews, much easier.

A few things to think about:

How will you be recording? do you have equipment to record phone interviews?

Committment. Can you commit to a consistent schedule?

Content. All teams? general info? one team? your format will be important.

GREAT questions.

I do have equipment to record. Even if I need more I will go buy it.

My season is nearly over. So, yes I do have time. During the season it will be touhger but instead of going to the movies while on the road I can do the show. 3-4 days a week would be good. I seriously doubt I or anyone can do 5-7 days a week.

We should focus on the Reds but also talk all of baseball as news comes up. 70/30. Basically the format of the board. No matter who I work for I will always be a Reds fan.

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 02:16 PM
TC, I tried sending you a PM, but your box is full. Send me a private message or email me. I have a friend who has worked in radio for a number of years who might have some interest.

Fixed. Please try again. I am still working on getting back to everyone who is PM'ng me.

TRF
08-16-2006, 02:26 PM
GREAT questions.

I do have equipment to record. Even if I need more I will go buy it.

My season is nearly over. So, yes I do have time. During the season it will be touhger but instead of going to the movies while on the road I can do the show. 3-4 days a week would be good. I seriously doubt I or anyone can do 5-7 days a week.

We should focus on the Reds but also talk all of baseball as news comes up. 70/30. Basically the format of the board. No matter who I work for I will always be a Reds fan.

Have you listened to ESPN's Baseball today podcast? Lame announcer, but the content is pretty good. Lasts about 15 minutes i think.

IF you can get access to a radio booth, that would be great. If not I think you have to have a guest to keep things rolling (before web development, I was in TV for about 12 years). I'd start with 1-2 times a week, and max it at 3-4. Whatever feels comfortable for you, so long as you get consistent with the schedule. I'd also solicit topics from here for your podcasts. that way you can plan a programming schedule. I'd also contact a major outlet like BA or BP for a partnership of some kind. Not that Redszone isn't great, but there might be money in this for you.

I'm all about the money.

FoReel
08-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Instead of calling, there are many different kinds of communication programs out there such as google talk, skype, ventrillo and etc. You could use that instead of the real phone, granted that you do need a microphone to use those.

IowaRed
08-16-2006, 02:30 PM
I'm guessing TC would have some connections who might be interested in participating, not that his insights aren't enough. But other positions in the front office, coaches, players, groundkeepers, whatever. I'm sure we could get some of our experts in baseball history, sabermetrics, etc who would be equally interesting

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Have you listened to ESPN's Baseball today podcast? Lame announcer, but the content is pretty good. Lasts about 15 minutes i think.

IF you can get access to a radio booth, that would be great. If not I think you have to have a guest to keep things rolling (before web development, I was in TV for about 12 years). I'd start with 1-2 times a week, and max it at 3-4. Whatever feels comfortable for you, so long as you get consistent with the schedule. I'd also solicit topics from here for your podcasts. that way you can plan a programming schedule. I'd also contact a major outlet like BA or BP for a partnership of some kind. Not that Redszone isn't great, but there might be money in this for you.

I'm all about the money.

Money is good but I'd be more interested in getting this off the ground and teaching this baby how to walk. We get this thing to where it is a "quality" show then you and I can put our heads together. Great idea. We'll probably need money for Bandwith soon!!

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm guessing TC would have some connections who might be interested in participating, not that his insights aren't enough. But other positions in the front office, coaches, players, groundkeepers, whatever. I'm sure we could get some of our experts in baseball history, sabermetrics, etc who would be equally interesting

That's exactly what we are looking to do. Give me some ideas of what would interest you....

TRF
08-16-2006, 03:00 PM
woy is the resident historian.

Steel the statistician, M2 is strong there too.

Also, I'd set up my own site for this, and partner with Redszone rather than post the podcasts here. Redszone has enough bandwidth issues to deal with. Be willing to pay for bandwidth though.

LINEDRIVER
08-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Since Team Clark and I go way, way, way back...I thought I'd throw out my 2 cents worth.

Probably better to deal with emailed questions/opinions, etc. You would need multiple phone lines and the proper and tricky phone equipment to record a live show. If the show goes 'live" you have the problem of dealing with the 'Banana Phone' type callers. No need to waste valuable time with dumb callers, dumb questions, pranksters, and the folks who spend and waste 30-60 seconds saying "hello" and trying to exchange pleasantries and small talk such as "Great weather we're having" or "How 'bout all that rain?"

You have the benefit of editing if the show is recorded for later play, such inserting a commercial message where needed or re-recording an opinion/answer if you are not happy with how you sounded on the first take.

Seems best to sort out the questions before hand and then record a show. You could have a deadline for questions under consideration for the next show. Certainly the show should be available for archiving and podcasting.

Also, editing would allow for the show to be made into two versions. One version could be made available thru a site known as BaseballOnThe Web.com. Another version could be available for attaching to RedsZone.com.

The BaseballOnTheWeb version could include commercials and everything BUT the RedsZone segment.

A fellow and prominent RedsZoner could be interviewed or take part in a segment that would be added to the RedsZone version. The RedsZone.com version would include the show AND the RedsZone segment MINUS the commercials.

Just tossin out ideas.

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Since Team Clark and I go way, way, way back...thought I'd throw out my 2 cents worth.

Probably better to deal with emailed questions/opinions, etc. You would need multiple phone lines and the proper and tricky phone equipment to record a live show. If the show goes 'live" you have the problem of dealing with the 'Banana Phone' type callers. No need to waste valuable time with dumb callers, dumb questions, pranksters, and the folks who spend and waste 30-60 seconds saying "hello" and trying to exchange pleasantries and small talk such as "Great weather we're having" or "How 'bout all that rain?"

You have the benefit of editing if the show is recorded for later play, such inserting a commercial message where needed or re-recording an opinion/answer if you are not happy with how you sounded on the first take.

Seems best to sort out the questions before hand and then record a show. You could have a deadline for questions under consideration for the next show. Certainly the show should be available for archiving and podcasting.

Also, with editing could be easily made into two versions. One version could be made available thru a site known as BaseballOnThe Web.com. Another version could be available for attaching to RedsZone.com.

The BaseballOnTheWeb version could include commercials and everything BUT the RedsZone segment. A fellow and prominent RedsZoner could be interviewed or take part in a segment that would be added to the RedsZone version.
The RedsZone.com version would get the show MINUS the commercials.

Just tossin out ideas.

As always, Linedriver's ideas are well thought out and of great substance. :laugh:

The "live" idea is a no go. Having a "guest" as a caller and recording them is a must. I've done that in the past and it is GREAT! Linedriver has also done that and had a blast as well.

If we ever get this to the point of getting "Banana Phone" type callers then we have exceeded all expectations of this brainstorm.

Editing is a good thing. I have been on several shows in years past. Having heard the segments when aired I felt like I could have sounded better, said something smarter, etc... :laugh:

I have already had some terrific PM's from 'Zoners who have produced Radio shows. They are more than willing to make sure the show is organized correctly and the content flows accordingly. Talk about getting off on the right foot. :beerme:

LD... Good thing we know the person who owns BaseballOnTheWeb.com :devil:

I really want to involve Redszone members. Whether it be questions, an interview, whatever, it only works with them aboard. IMO.

I'm not sure about the two diff't shows. Especially if we were to ever get advertisers. I think they would have a problem with that. Just guessin'

Thanks for all of the insight.

SunDeck
08-16-2006, 03:13 PM
That's exactly what we are looking to do. Give me some ideas of what would interest you....

You already have an audience of people at Redszone who would be instant viewers. And my guess is that we would spread "TC Redspod" throughout our network of friends and relatives who are not Redszone.com followers. For instance, out of my extended friends and family who are Reds fans, the number of people is probably about 50 people whom I would probably want to connect with "TC Pod". So, even if you just thought about a show that was tuned to our interests, my guess is you could reach a much wider audience.

At this point, if I were creating the show, I would focus on podcasts that provides the same kinds of insights TC brings to the board. Add to that some appearances from our illustrious illuminati (the "10"?) and I think we'd have a winner. And given the exponential "friends and relatives" component of this, my guess is TC Redspod could swim along in the Internet underground as a bonafide alternative to what comes out of WLW.

That would be very cool.

Heath
08-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Yeah - interviewing the "RedsZone Poster of the Day" brought to you by Old Spice just ought to send everyone to their knees or reach for the Maalox.

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 03:15 PM
You already have an audience of people at Redszone who would be instant viewers. And my guess is that we would spread "TC Redspod" throughout our network of friends and relatives who are not Redszone.com followers. For instance, out of my extended friends and family who are Reds fans, the number of people is probably about 50 people whom I would probably want to connect with "TC Pod". So, even if you just thought about a show that was tuned to our interests, my guess is you could reach a much wider audience.

At this point, if I were creating the show, I would focus on podcasts that provides the same kinds of insights TC brings to the board. Add to that some appearances from our illustrious illuminati (the "10"?) and I think we'd have a winner. And given the exponential "friends and relatives" component of this, my guess is TC Redspod could swim along in the Internet underground as a bonafide alternative to what comes out of WLW.

That would be very cool.

Great job. Everything you wrote we can do. Now....we just have to figure out how to do it. :bang:

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Yeah - interviewing the "RedsZone Poster of the Day" brought to you by Old Spice just ought to send everyone to their knees or reach for the Maalox.

Sounds like "Have a take, don't suck"!

MaineRed
08-16-2006, 03:28 PM
A guy I know from another message board does a Boston Celtics podcast. He has been very successful. In the first half year of launching he has already interviewed one of the guys who does the Celtics TV pregame and he has an interview set up with the Cs play by play guy.

This is a great idea and something I am sure would be VERY successful if done right.

TRF
08-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Sounds like "Have a take, don't suck"!

wretch.

The first step is the site. Either the one you and LINEDRIVER mentioned or another one, doesn't matter. get the site up and running. Even if it is just a warehouse of podcasts, and the link is here on Redszone, it's a start.

An initial podcast describing the "show" with a topic or two thrown in. I'd limit the cast to 10 minutes max on the first one. I'd then expand to 15 minutes and probably hold there. Your first topic can be deadline trades. I think you have an opinion or two on them. :)

But getting the site up and running is the first priority. gotta have a home for the content.

Ltlabner
08-16-2006, 03:33 PM

But could SteelSD keep his answers to a 30 second radio format? ;)

Ltlabner
08-16-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm always talking back to my car radio and have somewhat of a "big voiced radio anouncer guy" voice. You know, SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! I'm told I also have a face for radio.

In all seriousness, if there is anything I can do to help let me know. It's a great idea.

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 03:40 PM
wretch.

The first step is the site. Either the one you and LINEDRIVER mentioned or another one, doesn't matter. get the site up and running. Even if it is just a warehouse of podcasts, and the link is here on Redszone, it's a start.

An initial podcast describing the "show" with a topic or two thrown in. I'd limit the cast to 10 minutes max on the first one. I'd then expand to 15 minutes and probably hold there. Your first topic can be deadline trades. I think you have an opinion or two on them. :)

But getting the site up and running is the first priority. gotta have a home for the content.

I could not agree with you more. 15-20 Mins max sounds good. That's probably the maximum some 'zoners can get away with listening at their desk. :devil:

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 03:41 PM

Probably not. Editing, editing, editing! :laugh:

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm always talking back to my car radio and have somewhat of a "big voiced radio anouncer guy" voice. You know, SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! I'm told I also have a face for radio.

In all seriousness, if there is anything I can do to help let me know. It's a great idea.

We are going to need a lot of help. I am pretty darn excited. I need to leave for BP in a minute. I'll keep checking in.

LINEDRIVER
08-16-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure about the two diff't shows. Especially if we were to ever get advertisers. I think they would have a problem with that. Just guessin'

Thanks for all of the insight.

Some quick editing with software could make two shows, not alot of hassle involved there.

I was just throwin that out that idea if you are interested in making the show available thru RedsZone.com. AND your BaseballOnTheWeb.com website. I'm not sure the RedsZone bigshots want sponsors/commercials on the RedsZone.com

However, if 'The Joe Blow Potato Chip Company' wants to shell out some bucks and sponsor 20 shows over 60 days, for example, do you say bye to Joe Blow or RedsZone??? LOL !!!! My line of thinking was to be nice to the great folks at RedsZone and look out to make a buck if it can be made. The best of both worlds, no doubt.

dougdirt
08-16-2006, 04:21 PM
TC, whoever else is working with this. Another way to get the word out on the thing when its ready would be to maybe cooperate with all of the Reds bloggers out there maybe. There are so many good ones out there from redreporter to redlegnation to reds(and blues) and many more. The traffic they all get to the sites they run would probably bring in some listeners as well, becuase well they are all reds fans who go to those sites.

And TC, I dont know who all is going to be doing what with the thing, but something as simple as taking a first airing of it, with commercials and then a second edit airing without the commercials would honestly take all of 5 minutes to create from the original file for someone who knew what they were doing. I am sure those working with you will know exactly what I mean if you dont.

Doc. Scott
08-16-2006, 04:37 PM
I have a radio background, which is good, but I also have a blog planning to make its own leap to podcasting fairly soon, which doesn't help this project too much. Except for what I learn from following what happens.

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 04:41 PM
TC, whoever else is working with this. Another way to get the word out on the thing when its ready would be to maybe cooperate with all of the Reds bloggers out there maybe. There are so many good ones out there from redreporter to redlegnation to reds(and blues) and many more. The traffic they all get to the sites they run would probably bring in some listeners as well, becuase well they are all reds fans who go to those sites.

And TC, I dont know who all is going to be doing what with the thing, but something as simple as taking a first airing of it, with commercials and then a second edit airing without the commercials would honestly take all of 5 minutes to create from the original file for someone who knew what they were doing. I am sure those working with you will know exactly what I mean if you dont.

Great idea with involving everyone. Redszone would certainly be a Flagship.

Tremendouns amount of positive input from everyone.

BTW, you know you are getting older and eat too many potato chips when you can only throw to one BP group. I need to run more.

Joseph
08-16-2006, 05:38 PM
BTW, you know you are getting older and eat too many potato chips when you can only throw to one BP group. I need to run more.

Slacker!

:)

Brutus
08-16-2006, 05:52 PM
TC, check your private messages.

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 06:02 PM
here is a thought that came up. What if we had multiple shows? Let's say I did a show Mon & Thur, Brutus does a show Tue & Fri and Someone else does Wed? Just throwing stuff against the wall. Any other ideas? I really appreciate the PM's. I have had to clear out my inbox twice. There are a TON of people with very good credentials who can help with this show.

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Slacker!

:)

I usually only throw to one group anyway but I was struggling my last two guys. It's been a long year.

Brutus
08-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Needless to say, the interest in this is extraordinary.

Unassisted
08-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Instead of calling, there are many different kinds of communication programs out there such as google talk, skype, ventrillo and etc. You could use that instead of the real phone, granted that you do need a microphone to use those.
Gizmo Project (http://gizmoproject.com/) would be a great choice for this, since it's free, has a built-in recorder (http://gizmoproject.com/call-recording.html) and a free conference calling (http://gizmoproject.com/conf-calling.html) feature.

ghettochild
08-16-2006, 07:21 PM
shoutcast guys.

its basically internet radio.

most podcasts i've usually seen are usually recorded and then uploaded.

i've done a couple shoutcasts in my day and its hella fun. if you want to keep it live its the way to go. you could set up an IRC chat or have people AIM questions to you whilst you are internet talking and it could work.

Reds Nd2
08-16-2006, 08:32 PM
That would be a great show. I wonder if we would bludgeon each other to death? LOL! I jsut gave him a bunch of crap on another thread, but I really do like him. Even though he is a clown. Just don't tell him.

Which thread would that be TCII? I'd love to read a thread with a couple of my favorite posters going at it. Sorry if I've side tracked or shunted this thread.

The radio show sounds like a great idea. You might try contacting Will Carroll. While I can't speak for him, he might be able to help with ideas on getting this started. PM me if you need his e-mail address.

As far as networking the radio show, below is a couple of examples of the dialogue I had earlier today. the rest were eerily similar. :)

Me: Would you be willing to listen to a radio show discussing baseball with TCII?

One of my girlfriends: Who is TCII?

Me: A scout/player developement guy from the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

One of my girlfriends: Ummmm, no.

Me: Get me a beer then...and leave.

Ok, that one didn't go so well. So I tried again.

Me: Would you be willing to listen to a radio show discussing baseball with TCII?

Mom: Who is TCII?

Mom: I didn't know Tampa Bay even had a team.

Me: "Yeah. They've got uniforms and everything. It's really great."

Mom: Ummmm, no.

Again, not so well, but I'll keep trying. Untill then...get me a beer. :)

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Which thread would that be TCII? I'd love to read a thread with a couple of my favorite posters going at it. Sorry if I've side tracked or shunted this thread.

The radio show sounds like a great idea. You might try contacting Will Carroll. While I can't speak for him, he might be able to help with ideas on getting this started. PM me if you need his e-mail address.

As far as networking the radio show, below is a couple of examples of the dialogue I had earlier today. the rest were eerily similar. :)

One of my girlfriends: Who is TCII?

One of my girlfriends: Ummmm, no.

Ok, that one didn't go so well. So I tried again.

Mom: Who is TCII?

Mom: I didn't know Tampa Bay even had a team.

Me: "Yeah. They've got uniforms and everything. It's really great."

Mom: Ummmm, no.

Again, not so well, but I'll keep trying. Untill then...get me a beer. :)

My question is... Did you get your beers?

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 09:05 PM
BTW, I am here in Toldeo with the Bulls. First time I have seen Chris Shelton in awhile. Struck out 3 times so far this eve. 2 swinging and 1 lookin'. Looks like he is trying to make it back to the bigs all in 1 swing.

dougdirt
08-16-2006, 09:12 PM
BTW, I am here in Toldeo with the Bulls. First time I have seen Chris Shelton in awhile. Struck out 3 times so far this eve. 2 swinging and 1 lookin'. Looks like he is trying to make it back to the bigs all in 1 swing.
Pretty good game going on there then.
Quick question about Delmon....He obviously can hit with the best of them. Does the lack of walks have anyone worried? I mean I guess its hard to hit .330 and walk a bunch too, but whats your opinion on that?

Team Clark
08-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Pretty good game going on there then.
Quick question about Delmon....He obviously can hit with the best of them. Does the lack of walks have anyone worried? I mean I guess its hard to hit .330 and walk a bunch too, but whats your opinion on that?

In time I think he will relax a bit more at the plate and become more selective. He may walk more. Then again, he may find a way to continue his aggressive ways and find success. I tend to think he will end up walking more.

Dude can rake. No question.

SteelSD
08-17-2006, 12:13 AM

What? You want pithy responses in 30 seconds? No problemo if the questions are pre-screened. And hey, I've got the voice for radio.

I'm up for it if a cable modem connection can be used to connect me to the conversation when I have time for it. But the real question is whether or not Team Clark is comfortable taking me on in real-time without resorting to Furman-level hyperbole or the tactics he's recently used on the board. If so, I'd welcome a real live-air debate format.

Could be a partnership made in heaven. But, again, it really is dependent upon Team Clark's fear level.

wheels
08-17-2006, 01:02 AM
TC, how are you gonna find the time for this?

I'd think someone in your position might be a little pressed for it.

Wouldn't it also be some kinda conflict of interest thing, doin' a Reds broadcast when you work for another team and all?

Reds Nd2
08-17-2006, 03:24 AM
My question is... Did you get your beers?

Yea', one of them. The girlfriend laughed when she read the post.

My question again.... which thread was it that you were giving Steel "a bunch of crap"? I hate to ask again, but I'm not inclined to read every thread on two different boards.

Razor Shines
08-17-2006, 04:24 AM

My question again.... which thread was it that you were giving Steel "a bunch of crap"? I hate to ask again, but I'm not inclined to read every thread on two different boards.
I don't know if he's on right now, but I am pretty sure it's this one.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50040&page=15

TeamCasey
08-17-2006, 06:00 AM
I haven't read this whole thread. I have a friend who set up his own internet radio show. He does it once a week. I don't think I have his link anymore. It's pretty neat. There's actually a chat feature right on the broadcast, so you can interact with him during a live show ..... questions etc. The whole thing sprang from a trivia group I was involved with.

I just did a search and found this: http://www.pirateradio.com/

I'll look around some more when I have some time today. I'm certain to have it in an old mailbox.

Heath
08-17-2006, 09:07 AM
What? You want pithy responses in 30 seconds? No problemo if the questions are pre-screened. And hey, I've got the voice for radio.

Better the voice for radio then have the face for radio.

I feel like watching Point/Counterpoint with Bill Murray and Jane Curtin on Saturday Night Live.

Team Clark
08-17-2006, 10:49 AM

I'm up for it if a cable modem connection can be used to connect me to the conversation when I have time for it. But the real question is whether or not Team Clark is comfortable taking me on in real-time without resorting to Furman-level hyperbole or the tactics he's recently used on the board. If so, I'd welcome a real live-air debate format.

Could be a partnership made in heaven. But, again, it really is dependent upon Team Clark's fear level.

From the movie Predator... "I ain't afraid of no man.... but that ain't no man" :laugh: I'm all for it.

Team Clark
08-17-2006, 10:50 AM
TC, how are you gonna find the time for this?

I'd think someone in your position might be a little pressed for it.

Wouldn't it also be some kinda conflict of interest thing, doin' a Reds broadcast when you work for another team and all?

I will have time for it. This will not be a daily thing.

It will be a conflivt if I get into area where I shouldn't be sticking my nose. I'm not going to use my name. I just can't.

Team Clark
08-17-2006, 10:50 AM

The "does anyone still like the trade"? thread.

alexad
08-17-2006, 01:01 PM
I did radio in Athens for 10 years. I had to quit when I took my current High School Althletic Director job. I would love to help anyway possible with being involved with the show or being part of the show, or helping host the show.

Just let me know. I might be able to help get things set up.

Team Clark
08-17-2006, 04:52 PM
I did radio in Athens for 10 years. I had to quit when I took my current High School Althletic Director job. I would love to help anyway possible with being involved with the show or being part of the show, or helping host the show.

Just let me know. I might be able to help get things set up.

Needless to say this is really coming along. TRF, Buckeyenut, MartyFan, Brutus, RyanParker, Javy and SEVERAL others are really making magic happen.

The more I talk to people the more I hear that I should do this aside from Redszone. I really want Redszone to be integrated and have some pretty cool ideas for that.

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post that we are need of some funds to make this a reality. Is it possible to do a funds drive on Redszone for this?

dougdirt
08-17-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm not sure if I am allowed to post that we are need of some funds to make this a reality. Is it possible to do a funds drive on Redszone for this?

Probably something you need to talk with the Mods about.

paintmered
08-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Probably something you need to talk with the Mods about.

GIK is the money guy.

Team Clark
08-17-2006, 06:38 PM
GIK is the money guy.

Sweet. Just got a very positive PM from Boss. Hopefully we can further this process. Lookin' good :thumbup:

Yachtzee
08-17-2006, 06:44 PM
TCII, is there any chance of interviewing Sr.? You've mentioned in the past that he has some great stories. I hope he's doing well.

Team Clark
08-17-2006, 06:51 PM
TCII, is there any chance of interviewing Sr.? You've mentioned in the past that he has some great stories. I hope he's doing well.

I already asked him, he's a "go". I lost George Foster's number but Ken is set to e-mail it to me. I'm sure I'll be able to get Tom Hume and a few Reds pitchers. Pat Tabler, Marc Hill, Ricky Bennett, Ty Taubenheim, T.J. Beam and a few minor leaguers have all indicated they would do it. I called Buddy Bell and left him a msg. I'd love to have David on with him. Johnny Alamaraz is a possibility. Tough to get ahold of.

Lookin' good. :thumbup:

Raisor
08-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Just for everyone's information, I charge 350 bucks per appearance, and I darn well BETTER have bottled water provided.

That and a couch in my dressing room. If I don't get a couch in my dressing room, I'm going to be very upset.

Very. Upset.

Team Clark
08-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Just for everyone's information, I charge 350 bucks per appearance, and I darn well BETTER have bottled water provided.

That and a couch in my dressing room. If I don't get a couch in my dressing room, I'm going to be very upset.

Very. Upset.

I'll have my people contact your people.... once those people get together, we'll see if we need any more people.

Ltlabner
08-17-2006, 07:03 PM
I'll have my people contact your people.... once those people get together, we'll see if we need any more people.

Let it be known that Ltlabner is NOT a "people person".

Also, I do not play well with others.

That is all.

LINEDRIVER
08-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Ronnie Oester said he would make an appearance for $250. Bob Boone called to say he would undercut Ronnie and do it for $200.

However, when Boone gets to the Green Room, he wants only yellow and green M&M's and his personal commode with Charmin butt tissue.

letsgojunior
08-17-2006, 11:01 PM

Very. Upset.

And make sure that bottled water is Evian.

Only the best for Phil.

SteelSD
08-18-2006, 01:13 AM
Just an update...

Team Clark and I are currently in discussion as to process and format. This is going to happen if the support is there.

Ron Madden
08-18-2006, 06:31 AM
Very interesting.

I've always enjoyed reading the thoughts of both TC and SteelSD.

I wish The Reds would hire Steel and a few more like him.

Roy Tucker
08-18-2006, 08:24 AM

Very. Upset.
And no brown M&Ms.

TRF
08-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Raisor has people?

another sign of the Apocalypse.

Heath
08-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Raisor has people?

They are cardboard and blonde.

See Puffy for details.

Ltlabner
08-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Team Clark and I are currently in discussion as to process and format. This is going to happen if the support is there.

Yea, my parents always called their fights "discussions" when I was growing up. ;)

Chip R
08-18-2006, 09:43 AM
They are cardboard and blonde.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/916060/raisor.jpg

Heath
08-18-2006, 10:29 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/916060/raisor.jpg

That picture never goes old. Never.

Team Clark
08-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Yea, my parents always called their fights "discussions" when I was growing up. ;)

Ohhh c'mon. Seel and I have great conversations. He just doesn't like it when I win! :laugh:

Honestly, we do get along. If there is some way that we can involve Steel in the show it would only add, in great measure, to the content and entertainment.

Chip R
08-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Honestly, we do get along. If there is some way that we can involve Steel in the show it would only add, in great measure, to the content and entertainment.

If he can sing and dance you might have something.

Ltlabner
08-18-2006, 10:40 AM

But only if you find romance and stroll to the edge of the world.

dougdirt
08-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Well unless he is tap dancing, we wont know he is dancing because its on the radio.....
so Steel, question is, can you tap dance?

Team Clark
08-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Well unless he is tap dancing, we wont know he is dancing because its on the radio.....
so Steel, question is, can you tap dance?

Ohh he can tap dance alright. Tap, Tap, Tap around my questions!! :laugh:

See this will make great radio!!!