PDA

View Full Version : Madden '07 Warning! (XBOX 360) (UPDATE: A Patch Is Coming)

Jpup
08-17-2006, 08:19 AM
Just to give everyone a heads up that plans on buying the XBOX 360 version of Madden '07, there is no fatigue in the game according to many reports from people that already have the retail version of the game. It is a game killing bug for me and hopefully EA will come up with a patch in the coming weeks. I was looking forward to the game, but I can't buy a football game that doesn't have fatigue.

On another note, the hall of fame players magically appear in the franchise mode for the XBOX 360, there is a work around that suppose to solve that problem, according to EA.

EA has missed the boat again and continues to release products with major quality issues. I just wanted to throw it out there for people not aware of it. Apparently this all has been known for a couple of days, but I just ran across it this morning. Be aware that EA has never patched any console sports game to date, hopefully this will change with the XBOX 360, although there is no real reason to believe that.

This is what exclusive deals will do to gaming companies. Wow. :bang:

GoReds
08-17-2006, 09:21 AM
How would you go about patching a console game?

beb30
08-17-2006, 09:23 AM
That is kinda crappy to hear I was really looking forward to this game.....

How would you go about patching a console game?

Xbox Live could release certain patches for the game.....

Hap
08-17-2006, 04:37 PM
They have your dime. They don't care what you think.

WMR
08-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Pretty much everyone that I know who has a 360 has at least the basic Xbox live standard broadband connection which is free (there is a better version available for a 50 buck per year fee).

That is how patches are released.

Wow, if that isn't patched... I'll be pissed. Nice find Jpup.

wheels
08-17-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm glad I haven't bought a 360 yet.

I always wait a year or two to buy when a new console comes out.

Let someone else shake 'em down.

FoReel
08-17-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm glad I haven't bought a 360 yet.

I always wait a year or two to buy when a new console comes out.

Let someone else shake 'em down.
Same here, but i would rather stick to computer games, because there miltiplayer functions are so much better, and the games are better to, see Counter-Strike and World of Warcraft.

RedsFanatic
08-18-2006, 12:47 AM
This sucks, I don't have xbox live. I was hoping Madden was going to be great, after NCAA 07 was such a letdown for 360. No replay value.

Jpup
08-18-2006, 03:51 AM
Good news, this from Shawn Drotar, managing editor of Operation Sports:

August 17, 7:20p EDT

I just got off the phone with Michael Johnson of EA Tiburon, and he informed me that the Madden team recognizes the lack-of-fatigue issue in Madden NFL 07 for the Xbox 360, and let me know that a patch is in the offing.

We'll have more information on the details tomorrow, but at the moment, we know that the patch will be available on Xbox Live, and that creating it is the design team's highest priority.

I'll update this thread as I receive more information.