PDA

View Full Version : negative thoughts

penantboundreds
08-17-2006, 04:58 PM
hey just so you know....michalak was 4-0 with like a 1.5 e.r.a in 92? i believe for the blue jays. he then blew up but hey he worked for 4 starts before blowing up...if he can do that for 4 games then we get him out of the rotation he'd be the best #5 in the game...

also wheelhouse asked if the throw to the plate was good or not, was the play close or what...

comments, answers, thanks

oneupper
08-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Throw was weak and off line up the first base side.

With a "good" Kearns throw ('cause he's kind of wild at times), Duncan was toast.

redsmetz
08-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Throw was weak and off line up the first base side.

With a "good" Kearns throw ('cause he's kind of wild at times), Duncan was toast.

For all of his hustle, his arm is still Freel's biggest weakness.

TeamSelig
08-18-2006, 01:21 AM
???

Freel's arm isn't bad, not sure where you guys are coming from

redsmetz
08-18-2006, 05:33 AM
???

Freel's arm isn't bad, not sure where you guys are coming from

I'm not saying his arm is bad, it's just average. And unfortunately, yesterday, we needed better than average. Not a big knock, but when you need a Dave Parker like throw (or Paul O'Neill or Austin Kearns), you're more than likely not going to get that from Freel. That said, he has thrown a few people out at the plate this year.

StillFunkyB
08-18-2006, 07:16 AM
I'm not saying his arm is bad, it's just average. And unfortunately, yesterday, we needed better than average. Not a big knock, but when you need a Dave Parker like throw (or Paul O'Neill or Austin Kearns), you're more than likely not going to get that from Freel. That said, he has thrown a few people out at the plate this year.

Yeah, I have to agree. Austin has one of the best arms I have ever seen as far as distance. He isn't always real acurate, but he does have a cannon.

Chip R
08-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Kearns might have made a great throw but Ross would still be catching.