PDA

View Full Version : Who wins it all this year (College Football)?

max venable
08-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Who do you think will win the 2006 college football national championship?

dabvu2498
08-18-2006, 10:40 AM
I went with Auburn. Schedule sets up very well for them.

KalDanielsfan
08-18-2006, 10:42 AM
miami of ohio

max venable
08-18-2006, 11:10 AM
I went with Auburn. Schedule sets up very well for them.
Agreed about the schedule. BUT, they have to beat a OSU or USC, etc. in the championship game. I don't know if they're that good.

Gainesville Red
08-18-2006, 11:49 AM
http://www.dhpromo.com/blog/images/gators.jpg

max venable
08-18-2006, 12:13 PM
I should have said this: People...please vote with your head and not with your heart. :) It's not meant to be a "who's your favorite team" poll.

Gainesville Red
08-18-2006, 12:22 PM
I should have said this: People...please vote with your head and not with your heart. :) It's not meant to be a "who's your favorite team" poll.

What did you expect me to say. I always think Fla.'s gonna win it all.

Got a tough schedule (real tough), but no glaring weakness. O-line's a little banged up right now, but there's still a couple weeks to heal it.

max venable
08-18-2006, 12:27 PM
What did you expect me to say. I always think Fla.'s gonna win it all.

Got a tough schedule (real tough), but no glaring weakness. O-line's a little banged up right now, but there's still a couple weeks to heal it.
I know, I know...and I'm just messin'. After all, what kind of fan would you be if you didn't think your team (if they're a perennial top 10 type) had a chance to win it all. ;)

ThornWithin81
08-18-2006, 01:30 PM

Either way, I pick the same team. OSU has to win one while I'm a student! :)

dabvu2498
08-18-2006, 02:21 PM
OSU has to win one while I'm a student!
I thought the same thing when I was a student at Vandy. And by "one" I meant conference game.

Jpup
08-18-2006, 02:51 PM
I'll take Louisville.

redsfanmia
08-18-2006, 04:42 PM
I think its Indiana's year!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my that would be so sweet

oneupper
08-23-2006, 09:47 AM
No love for the 'CANES...not even on the poll??????

Homers!

max venable
08-23-2006, 11:23 AM
No love for the 'CANES...not even on the poll??????

Homers!
Gotta be at least in the top ten of the preseason polls to get consideration. :)

WVRed
08-24-2006, 01:18 PM
This may sound like a homer pick, but I am a Marshall fan.:)

I went with WVU. They have a fairly easy schedule and not a whole lot of competition in the Big East outside of Louisville. If they are undefeated by the time they face Louisville, they will be in the Fiesta Bowl.

cinredsfan2000
08-25-2006, 07:52 PM
MIAMI HURRICANES:D

DTCromer
08-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Miami will once again lose 3 games this year and Coker will still be coach for 3 more years becaues he "won" 2 national championship games.

Joseph
08-25-2006, 10:29 PM

You are asking the impossible. I bet less than 20% vote with thier head. Even those who think thats what they are voting with are probably still voting with their hearts [hello Ohio State fans ;) ]

Gainesville Red
08-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Even those who think thats what they are voting with are probably still voting with their hearts

Guilty as charged. You're right. It's impossible. What am I supposed to say, SEC rival Auburn's gonna win it all? Never. Miami (FL)? I hate those guys. And Ohio State can't win it, that would mean they would have to go through Florida. And that's impossible unless they have plenty of kryptonite. (And that's impossible, because kryptonite is make-believe)

What did we learn here?

1.) It's not a question of if Florida wins it all, it's a question of how badly they embarrass the competition.

2.) Gainesville Red came home from the bar to watch the Reds on the west coast, and may be learning a lesson in posting while intoxicated.

3.) He may not be able to spell embarrass right now, and is probably embarrassed by it.

:thumbup:

max venable
08-26-2006, 08:56 AM
You are asking the impossible. I bet less than 20% vote with thier head. Even those who think thats what they are voting with are probably still voting with their hearts [hello Ohio State fans ;) ]
I know I know I know I know.

On the other hand. Most people on this board were not picking the Reds to win the WS this year.

BuckWoody
08-26-2006, 09:34 AM
In defense of Buckeye fans, it's not like we're talking about Vanderbilt or Stanford here. A great number of unbiased people have also picked Ohio State to win it all.

max venable
08-26-2006, 10:28 AM
I know it happens, but it's hard to knock them this year. Most "experts" are picking the Buckeyes as well...thus the #1 ranking in both polls.

Handofdeath
08-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Texas Tech over Notre Dame for the championship!

HumnHilghtFreel
08-26-2006, 07:30 PM
This may sound like a homer pick, but I am a Marshall fan.:)

lol, I've become a Marshall fan ever since one of my best friends signed on with them as a freshman this year.

I like Notre Dame to get to the game and win it this year though. I think Weiss is the man for the job.

WMR
08-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Alright, even though it's tough for me to do, I'll pick with my head over my heart.

UK.

;)