PDA

View Full Version : Kahn's Baseball Cards

Danny Serafini
08-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Can someone who's at Saturday night's game please post a checklist of who's in this year's set? Thanks

Joseph
08-18-2006, 09:49 PM
I'll do one, but I won't be back until late tomorrow night, so it will be Sunday before I get one up, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

KYRed
08-19-2006, 01:36 AM
This should be a real interesting set. Talk about the necessary changes to do a opening day to mid july to mid august collection. I'd imagine the set needed some time to be made so I really doubt guys like Franklin are on there, and maybe not Lohse, Bray, etc. We'll find out soon enough though.

Jr's Boy
08-19-2006, 02:22 AM
Speaking of Kahn's,are they good?I've never had one.I always hear the commercial on the Reds game.

Yachtzee
08-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Speaking of Kahn's,are they good?I've never had one.I always hear the commercial on the Reds game.

The Big Red Smokeys are great, and also subject to one of the great all-time scoreboard graphics at Reds games.

Ltlabner
08-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Here's the cards included in the pack (looks like alpha by last name except Narron/coaches):

Narron
Coaches card (pics of all the coaches except Ruhle)
BA
RA
Bill Bray
Juan Castro
Brandon Claussen
Royce Clayton
Todd Coffey
Rheal Cormier
Chris Denorfia
Adam Dunn
EE
Ryan Freel (no mention or picture of "Farney")
Griffey Jr.
Aaron Harang
Scott Hatteberg
Jason LaRue
Kyle Lohse
Gary Majewski
Kent Mercker
Eddie Guardado
Eric Milton
Brandon Phillips
Elizardo Ramirez
David Ross
Javy Valentin
David Weathers

jocross
08-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Did anyone notice the "action shots" of these guys on the cards? I think I could have gotten more with my old polariod than whoever took these pics. Pretty weak, who really cares but just throwing it out there...

reds1869
08-20-2006, 08:43 AM
I love the look on Narron's face. Just about sums things up, doesn't it? :)

RedsBaron
08-20-2006, 10:09 AM
The Big Red Smokeys are great,
Yes they are.:thumbup:

BuckWoody
08-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Yes they are.:thumbup:
Anyone remember the jingle form the 70's?

The Big Red Machine is coming down the street
With Big Red Smokies, the big league treat.

...or somehting like that. The packs at the grocery store had a picture of the BRM on them too.

I love me some Big Red Smokies! :luvu:

CincySportsFan1
08-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Did anyone notice the "action shots" of these guys on the cards? I think I could have gotten more with my old polariod than whoever took these pics. Pretty weak, who really cares but just throwing it out there...
Yeah I didn't like how most of them were in the red jerseys too... I think they could've at least varied it a little more but maybe that's just me.

I wasn't real suprised about the set but at least it gives me cards of everyone actually on the Reds to get signed :)

johngalt
08-20-2006, 01:28 PM

Which ones were the worst?

Danny Serafini
08-20-2006, 01:44 PM
I'm surprised they got Lohse and Cormier in there, figured they came over too late to be included. I love the Kahn's sets, they've always got a number of guys you can't find cards of anywhere else.

CincySportsFan1
08-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Which ones were the worst?
Dunn's is pretty bad, it shows him swinging but you can't even see the bat at all. Edwin's is terrible, Freel's could've been better, they should've found a shot of him making one of his many spectacular catches. For a SGA I guess you can't complain too much but they could've been better.