PDA

View Full Version : How bout Luke Hudson

redsupport
08-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Thisorganization put in the most work on this guy and gets none of the benefits he is a better starter than our fifth starter

ThornWithin81
08-19-2006, 11:47 AM
I really hope that you are kidding, considering he allowed 11 runs in the first inning just last weekend.

Please.

TOBTTReds
08-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Then he came back and gave up 1 run against the hot A's.

That is a "gamer"

Considering the fact we DON'T HAVE a 5th starter, he is MUCH better than ours. I would love to have him.

Since July 1st he has been great minus that one in Cleveland.

Falls City Beer
08-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Hudson is awful. He's never, ever been anything that even resembles helpful or consistent. Plus he's older than the Biblical prophets.

TOBTTReds
08-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Hudson is awful. He's never, ever been anything that even resembles helpful or consistent. Plus he's older than the Biblical prophets.

Please explain 7 of his last 8 starts

Falls City Beer
08-19-2006, 12:28 PM
Please explain 7 of his last 8 starts

Fluke. Just like Lohse's last 3.

TOBTTReds
08-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Fluke. Just like Lohse's last 3.

I'll take 7 of 8 starts as a fluke! Sounds good to me!

I'm just saying he is better than our 5th starter, and I would rather have him as our 5th than CM.

paulrichjr
08-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Another example of a mistake on Krivs part but a bunch of people (on Redszone) don't see them. It is amazing.

He releases Hancock and still some people call that a good move even though his pitching has been 100% better than a lot of the junk we have had this year (and he never pitched badly with us). I didn't realize Hudson was pitching good for "most" of his starts this season. Krivs makes a ton of mistakes and then makes more trying to fix his initial ones. If Hudson and Hancock had been here all season we might not have had to make some of the head scratching deals over the last month.

Always Red
08-19-2006, 08:41 PM
I have to agree, I think Hancock and Hudson both would look good on this Reds team right now.

Ramon Ortiz is also putting together a fairly nice season as a #4 or #5 in DC.

I'd like to see Standridge pitch more often as well, too. (If he could get the ball over the plate)

cincrazy
08-20-2006, 01:17 AM
I thought it was funny that in Hal McCoy's article, he mentioned how well Hudson was pitching as of late, then the very next day, he gives up 11 runs in one inning. Hal probably called him up and said "C'mon man you're killing me!"

MartyFan
08-20-2006, 01:39 AM
I have to agree, I think Hancock and Hudson both would look good on this Reds team right now.

Ramon Ortiz is also putting together a fairly nice season as a #4 or #5 in DC.

I'd like to see Standridge pitch more often as well, too. (If he could get the ball over the plate)

If I recall the reason that one of those guys was let go is because he seemed to have trouble following the lead of the organization or doing what he was asked to do in the off season...I got no problem letting someone like that go regardless of how lucky they are this year...

Ortiz...has been favored because he is in DC...glad to see it and like the guy...plus the entire DC team says thanks for having a new hair stylist on the team and he seems to smile a lot. :wave: