PDA

View Full Version : Izzy blows it again

Red in Chicago
08-19-2006, 05:04 PM
big chance for the reds to gain some ground tonight...

OnBaseMachine
08-19-2006, 05:08 PM
The Cardinals are a bad baseball team, unfortunately, so are the Reds. Both the Reds/Cards would be 5+ games below .500 if the NL was a little stronger this year.

Matt700wlw
08-19-2006, 05:09 PM
The Cardinals are a bad baseball team, unfortunately, so are the Reds. Both the Reds/Cards would be 5+ games below .500 if the NL was a little stronger this year.

If the Twins were in this division, the Reds and the Cards would be out of it, and by a lot.

Red in Chicago
08-19-2006, 05:15 PM
If the Twins were in this division, the Reds and the Cards would be out of it, and by a lot.

if the twins were in the division, who would wayne trade with;)

BuckeyeRedleg
08-19-2006, 09:04 PM
If the Indians were in the NL Central, I think they would be in first place by a bunch.

Look at their RS/RA in the best division in baseball. They are something like 11 games under their pythag.

redsrule2500
08-19-2006, 09:06 PM
If the Indians were in the NL Central, I think they would be in first place by a bunch.

Look at their RS/RA in the best division in baseball. They are something like 11 games under their pythag.

They are 11 under .500, so it's gotta be worse than that.

redsrule2500
08-19-2006, 09:06 PM

BuckeyeRedleg
08-20-2006, 12:38 AM

They are currently 55-67.

They have a Pythag of 66-56.

11 games.

11 games is what separates 12 below .500 and 10 above .500.

Sea Ray
08-22-2006, 12:10 AM

The Indians bullpen is far worse than ours. David Weathers would be an ace in their pen. To see the saves their pen has blown is just mind boggling and devastating.

BuckeyeRedleg
08-22-2006, 10:04 AM
The Indians bullpen is far worse than ours. David Weathers would be an ace in their pen. To see the saves their pen has blown is just mind boggling and devastating.

They had Bob Wickman.

I thank Bob Wickman for June 30th, but I would still take Bob Wickman in our bullpen any day (except June 30th).

I do agree that their late collapses is very responsible for the strange discrepancy between RS/RA and their actual record, however, if they were in an easier division they probably wouldn't have been out of it at the deadline and they could have addressed the bullpen issue. Even as sellers, though, they still have managed to keep that pythag way up there.

Big Klu
08-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Also somewhat responsible for the discrepancy between RS/RA and their actual record is the fact that the Indians lead all of MLB in number of games having scored 9+ runs. When the Tribe wins, they often win big.

Sea Ray
08-22-2006, 12:57 PM
They had Bob Wickman.

I thank Bob Wickman for June 30th, but I would still take Bob Wickman in our bullpen any day (except June 30th).

I do agree that their late collapses is very responsible for the strange discrepancy between RS/RA and their actual record, however, if they were in an easier division they probably wouldn't have been out of it at the deadline and they could have addressed the bullpen issue. Even as sellers, though, they still have managed to keep that pythag way up there.

I am a big Bob Wickman fan. I wish our Reds had acquired him instead of any of the other retreads. Before the Wickman trade, they had a closer and nothing else. Afterwards they had... nothing else.