PDA

View Full Version : Freel would have caught it

cincrazy
08-21-2006, 01:12 AM
Anyone else watching the Yanks-Sox game on ESPN? Giambi just homered leading off of the 10th. Crips was going back on it in deep right center, and the ball was just out of his reach over the wall, as Crisp collided with the wall. All I have to say is... Ryan Freel makes that catch. He might break his neck in the process, but I truly believe he would have done ANYTHING to catch that ball, even if that meant breaking his body in half as he collided with the outfield wall. Anyone else agree? Hell of an effort by Crisp, I'm not taking anything away from him. I just think Freel catches it.

cincrazy
08-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Edit: Crisp

Jpup
08-21-2006, 01:18 AM
Anyone else watching the Yanks-Sox game on ESPN? Giambi just homered leading off of the 10th. Crips was going back on it in deep right center, and the ball was just out of his reach over the wall, as Crisp collided with the wall. All I have to say is... Ryan Freel makes that catch. He might break his neck in the process, but I truly believe he would have done ANYTHING to catch that ball, even if that meant breaking his body in half as he collided with the outfield wall. Anyone else agree? Hell of an effort by Crisp, I'm not taking anything away from him. I just think Freel catches it.

I don't think anyone was catching that ball.

Cedric
08-21-2006, 01:20 AM
Crisp has been overrated defensively for awhile now. He takes bad angles and get's bad jumps. He will make the great catch, but that's about it.

I'd take Freel anyday.

cincrazy
08-21-2006, 01:22 AM
I think if Crisp goes airborne, he catches it. He didn't really leave his feet, and it almost went off the top of his glove. Now as far as where he was in regards to the wall, he probably couldn't have gone airborne without going OVER the wall. I love looking at close plays like that though and wondering whether or not Freel could have got to it. Probably unlikely, but it's fun to think about

Jpup
08-21-2006, 01:22 AM
I would rather have Freel, but I don't think anyone was going to catch that ball. It was smoked.

Jpup
08-21-2006, 01:28 AM
In other news, the Red Sox aren't winning the East this year. I highly doubt they will make the playoffs. :thumbup:

cincrazy
08-21-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm ecstatic about that. I can't stand Boston fans. They've seen the Celtics win 16 titles, the Pats have won 3 out of 4 Super Bowls, the Sox won the World Series in 2004 with a dramatic comeback, and STILL, all they ever do is complain. Cry me a freaking river. I'd take that success any day of the week.

bellhead
08-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Saw the highlights and thought the same thing. Freel would have had it.

Newman4
08-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Anyone think that Kapler should have dove for the ball in right? How does that guy not get DFA'd?

joshnky
08-21-2006, 03:37 PM
I like Freel as much as anyone else but I've seen him make some dumb plays on line drives toward the wall. He goes all out but its difficult to hold onto the ball when you slam into an immobile object at full speed. I like the effort but effort alone doesn't mean he'll make every spectacular catch.