PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Name that bank for me, please!!!!

WVJulz
08-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Someone please ease my troubled mind. I am a life long Reds fan. I kind of got away from baseball for a few years (got married, had a couple kids) but have been back into the Reds for the past few years. I made my first trip to GABP in July and while it is a beautiful ball park, I still miss Riverfront Stadium (I was never in Cinergy Park). ;) I happened to notice when I was looking around and taking pictures that the bank that is dominant in the Cincinnati skyline is now PNC. Can someone, ANYONE, please tell me what bank that was before it was PNC???? I have seen it a gazillion times in my life during games, but I can't think of what it was before......

I would greatly appreciate it!
Julz:help:

westofyou
08-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Central Trust?

Dom Heffner
08-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Central Trust

You are correct, sir!

westofyou
08-21-2006, 10:56 PM
You are correct, sir!

Yes, the bank that owned the Reds during the depression, the building that NL President Warren Giles had his office in.... we use to play on their elevators.

WVJulz
08-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Central Trust?
MWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! You are my hero!! It's driven me crazy! I knew when I found out the answer, I would think to myself "Of COURSE". I can't believe I couldn't remember!

Thank you!!!
Julz

Heath
08-22-2006, 11:16 AM
That's probably the most excited anyone's ever gotten after a woy answer to a trivia question.

It's archivable.

i_heart_jason
08-23-2006, 10:23 AM
and a pretty impressive smooch too!