PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2007

WVRed
08-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Just bought it today. First Madden game i've bought since 2004, so im still adjusting to all the changes.:)

Seems like the gameplay is much better. I bought NCAA Football 2006 last year and it is similar in a lot of respects. I can't really tell much of a difference in the running game features though. The new(to me) kicking features are hard to figure out.

I think ill try out the franchise mode tonight.

Thoughts?

beb30
08-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Bought it earlier on lunch break, its gotten awesome reviews especially the new take control of the lead blocker feature so hopefully its pretty good.

I also noticed AJ Hawk is rated an 85 not sure any rookie unless its of Lebron James type hype should ever be rated higher than an 80.....

Not sure how Warrick Dunn is rated above Rudi Johnson and even in the top 10 running backs by overall rating along with Brian Westbrook.

Redlegman
08-22-2006, 06:02 PM
I haven't bought a Madden game for 3 years now but I'm going to get this one. I like the ESPN football game but it doesn't exist anymore.

reds1869
08-22-2006, 10:58 PM
I picked up the 360 version on my way home for $47 at Circuit City! I love it so far. It's the best Madden I've ever played in so many ways, most notably gameplay. Not to mention the Bengals are actually good on this year's version.

reds1869
08-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Bought it earlier on lunch break, its gotten awesome reviews especially the new take control of the lead blocker feature so hopefully its pretty good.

I also noticed AJ Hawk is rated an 85 not sure any rookie unless its of Lebron James type hype should ever be rated higher than an 80.....

Not sure how Warrick Dunn is rated above Rudi Johnson and even in the top 10 running backs by overall rating along with Brian Westbrook.

The initial rosters are always lousy. Wait for the first regular season release, it will be much improved.

SirFelixCat
08-23-2006, 07:02 AM
Just picked this up tonight on my way home (Wal*Mart). Gotta love that price match: Thanks to Circuit City's ad, I got the PC version for $27. Can't wait to try it out!

i_heart_jason
08-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Just picked this up tonight on my way home (Wal*Mart). Gotta love that price match: Thanks to Circuit City's ad, I got the PC version for $27. Can't wait to try it out!

*slowly backs away from keyboard*

BoomerSoonerRed
08-24-2006, 12:26 AM
I haven't bought a Madden game for 3 years now but I'm going to get this one. I like the ESPN football game but it doesn't exist anymore.
It still bites that EA and the NFL conspired to monopolize the pro football video gaming industry. Only could have imagined what if NFL 2K7 had come out this week. Guess I'll have to update the rosters on 2K5 instead.:bang:

HumnHilghtFreel
08-24-2006, 01:36 AM
It still bites that EA and the NFL conspired to monopolize the pro football video gaming industry. Only could have imagined what if NFL 2K7 had come out this week. Guess I'll have to update the rosters on 2K5 instead.:bang:

I haven't bought an EA game since they did that. I'm sure that they miss my money, lol. I liked the 2k games much better. Hopefully EA doesn't take over the other sports too.

BoomerSoonerRed
08-24-2006, 01:44 AM
I haven't bought an EA game since they did that. I'm sure that they miss my money, lol. I liked the 2k games much better. Hopefully EA doesn't take over the other sports too.
Pretty much the only EA game I buy is NCAA football. Since I'm a bigger college football fan than NFL fan, I need to get my college football gaming fix somehow, even if it is with the EA Evil Empire.

GridironGrace
08-24-2006, 03:51 AM
ive owned every madden video game since its creation..

i like how they've slowed down the game play a bit this season.. players arent running 100 yards in 5 seconds anymore lol

but my limited time with it shows.

also i simulated the season for cincybengals.com "madden preview" and the SAINTS lost 16-14 to the bengals in the superbowl

i might be mistaken but i dont think bush is gonna have THAT kind of impact

WVRed
08-24-2006, 08:15 AM

By the same token, did you buy MLB 06 The Show? Take Two did the same thing with baseball.

While I don't necessarily care for what EA did with Madden, they paid the price by losing one of the up and coming baseball games on the market. MVP Baseball would likely have been on par with Madden had they stayed.

chicoruiz
08-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Does it have a decent "coach only" mode, or is it strictly for joystick jockeys?

HumnHilghtFreel
08-24-2006, 09:34 AM
By the same token, did you buy MLB 06 The Show? Take Two did the same thing with baseball.

While I don't necessarily care for what EA did with Madden, they paid the price by losing one of the up and coming baseball games on the market. MVP Baseball would likely have been on par with Madden had they stayed.

Haven't gotten either. I'll probably end up picking up a copy of one or the other sooner or later, but right now I hate that they cornered the markets like that. I can't blame them though, as it's smart business, but they aren't the games that I liked, lol.

SirFelixCat
08-26-2006, 02:26 AM
Does it have a decent "coach only" mode, or is it strictly for joystick jockeys?

Yes it does :thumbup:

reds1869
08-26-2006, 12:26 PM
After playing it more I can say that they are moving in the right direction. Not perfect by any means, but they are taking things in a more "sim" direction. They've made some poor decisions (i.e. old time HOFs being on the free agent list), but i think this will be MUCH better than the current gen version when all is said and done.

One of the cooler things is going ot be the play by play. People are whining about the radio call right now, but it's only because they don't know what's coming. The eventual plan is to have the home radio team from every NFL team do the play by play for that team's home games. The timeframe is 1-3 years on this. If they can pull it off it would be one of the coolest video game features in history.

CrackerJack
08-26-2006, 05:30 PM

Word. I also update my 2K5 rosters still. A little tired of the playbook(s) on it though.

Gainesville Red
08-26-2006, 08:28 PM
I guess I need some tips or something. My roommate keeps kicking the crap out of me, starting to bother me.

Somebody help me out.

WVRed
08-26-2006, 10:04 PM
After playing it more I can say that they are moving in the right direction. Not perfect by any means, but they are taking things in a more "sim" direction. They've made some poor decisions (i.e. old time HOFs being on the free agent list), but i think this will be MUCH better than the current gen version when all is said and done.

One of the cooler things is going ot be the play by play. People are whining about the radio call right now, but it's only because they don't know what's coming. The eventual plan is to have the home radio team from every NFL team do the play by play for that team's home games. The timeframe is 1-3 years on this. If they can pull it off it would be one of the coolest video game features in history.

Interesting. This is the first ive heard about it, but wouldnt they have to drop the name "Madden" from it?

WMR
08-26-2006, 10:07 PM
I doubt it WV. The "Madden" labeling is more important than anything Madden actually does or says in-game.

They could keep Madden for MNF broadcasts in-game or something, maybe.

I'd love the local announcers, but it'd be a massive undertaking to record THAT level of data w/o the game broadcasts becoming incredibly repetitive. Maybe they'll actually put the work in and do it, although with the only NFL license, what's their motivation? :(

RedsFan75
08-26-2006, 11:14 PM

Just a minor point here. MLB06 The Show is produced by Sony.

Take Two's contract with baseball is to prevent people who are none first party manufacturers from making a baseball game. So the makers of systems, first party, can still produce a game. MLB06 The Show by Sony, I don't remember the name of Nintendo's game, but if they wanted to Microsoft could make an XBox baseball game.

And I did buy MLB06 The Show and it was pretty good... MLB2K6 by Take Two was very bad from the reviews, and friends that had it.

reds1869
08-26-2006, 11:46 PM
I'd love the local announcers, but it'd be a massive undertaking to record THAT level of data w/o the game broadcasts becoming incredibly repetitive. Maybe they'll actually put the work in and do it, although with the only NFL license, what's their motivation? :(

I think it would be very simple, minimalist broadcasting like it is now, only with color commentators and many different announcers. This was in the works before the exclusive deal, though and I haven't heard as much since. As you said, it might get left on the cutting room floor due to exclusivity.

WVRed
08-27-2006, 09:58 AM
I think it would be very simple, minimalist broadcasting like it is now, only with color commentators and many different announcers. This was in the works before the exclusive deal, though and I haven't heard as much since. As you said, it might get left on the cutting room floor due to exclusivity.

The biggest point still remains, it is called "Madden" because John Madden calls the games. If they replace it with local announcers(which would be great), they would practically in effect have to dump Madden and take on another name(NFL Live 2008?).

I dont think it would hurt business either way. It couldnt, since EA dominates the football gaming industry.

reds1869
08-27-2006, 05:03 PM
The biggest point still remains, it is called "Madden" because John Madden calls the games. If they replace it with local announcers(which would be great), they would practically in effect have to dump Madden and take on another name(NFL Live 2008?).

I dont think it would hurt business either way. It couldnt, since EA dominates the football gaming industry.

The Madden naming rights contract expires after next year's game. My guess is they will drop him rather than renewing him; the lack of Madden commentary seems to point in that direction.

Jpup
08-29-2006, 05:00 AM
no fatigue stinks. I hope the patch comes soon.:(

BuckU
08-29-2006, 11:41 AM
no fatigue stinks. I hope the patch comes soon.:(

That's only for the XBox platform, correct?

Jpup
08-31-2006, 06:00 AM
That's only for the XBox platform, correct?