PDA

View Full Version : GAC's Appreciation Cook-out

GAC
08-27-2006, 09:17 AM
If a mod could make this a sticky I'd appreciate it.

From discussions of appropriate dates on the other thread, it seems like Saturday, September 30th, is the best day for the cook-out. I know it's gonna be hard to find a date where some could attend, and this seemed like the best day to do it.

It also gives us more time to get the outside of the house done (landscaping, etc).

Also - I've been watching the local Lowes, and they are dropping the prices of their gas grills for end-of-summer clearance. I should be able to get a good one over the next couple of weeks. ;)

I'm gonna provide all the food, drink, etc.... hamburgers, HDs, brats, side dishes, drink (including beer). If some want to bring a specialty side dish, then I will be more then happy to sample it.

NOTE TO CREEK'S HUBBY: I will also get some veggie burgers and HDs, so you guys better be there buddy! ;)

I have a HUGE backyard, so I'm gonna set up some games (horse shoes, Jarts, croquet, mole hunting, etc).

I will say that if you have lawn chairs (or the fold down type) I'd appreciate if you'd bring them. I have some, but not quite enough obviously.

Also - your spouse, kids, GF/BF are also more then welcome. I have three kids (two teenagers), and they own every video game system imaginable.

But I'd like to use this thread for people to respond so I can get an idea of how many will be attending.

Later on I will set up directions for those that need them.

But again - my family would like to thank everyone on here who has kept us in their prayers, supported and been there for us during these past 6 months. You all made it alot easier to deal with. :thumbup:

Redsland
08-27-2006, 12:23 PM
:party:

RBA
08-27-2006, 02:08 PM
GAC, don't forget to apply for the Lowes' Movers Coupon. You have moved twice, so you should be eligible.

http://www.lowesmoving.com/

Save 10 percent.

OldRightHander
08-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Sounds good. If I'm in town, I'll come up.

ghettochild
08-28-2006, 01:40 AM
no cornholin'? :P

TeamCasey
08-28-2006, 06:31 AM
Hiya GAC, I have to wait until I'm in the office to see if I'm in town.

Chip R
08-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Count me in.

Team Clark
08-28-2006, 04:05 PM
How do we get directions? Or did I miss that part?

MartyFan
08-28-2006, 04:27 PM
GAC:

Me and the wife would love to come up...My dad is actually from Bellefontaine...is it a rule everyone from there has to be under 5 foot tall? :)

Anyway, get the date sure up and if I'm not out of town we'll be in the beautiful bustling metropolis of Bellefontaine.

Marty

Chip R
08-28-2006, 04:38 PM
How do we get directions? Or did I miss that part?

Take any freeway and drive 97 miles till you come to a north and a south. You don't wanna go north, you wanna go south. Drive 97 miles till you come to a left and a right. You don't wanna go left, you wanna go right. Then drive 97 miles till you come to a Shell station. Stop at that Shell station, go inside that Shell station, walk right up to the man and ask "Where the HELL am I?". ;)

Team Clark
08-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Take any freeway and drive 97 miles till you come to a north and a south. You don't wanna go north, you wanna go south. Drive 97 miles till you come to a left and a right. You don't wanna go left, you wanna go right. Then drive 97 miles till you come to a Shell station. Stop at that Shell station, go inside that Shell station, walk right up to the man and ask "Where the HELL am I?". ;)

Every time I work with an A Ball team this exact scenario plays out! :laugh:

GAC
08-28-2006, 05:42 PM

Just follow the smell. The stronger it gets, the closer you are. ;)

I will post more specific directions on here the closer we get to the date. If I post them now you all would forget them. :lol:

But basically (from Dayton/Cincy).....

Take 75N to the US36 exit (Piqua). Go east on 36 toward Urbana (approx 14 miles). Once in Urbana, in the center of town, turn left (north) at the statue. This is Main St (US 68). Go north on US 68 about 8 miles to West Liberty.

After that it gets kinda tricky, but this gets you in the general area. I'll post the specific details later. But once you get to West Liberty, you're about 15 minutess from my house.

TeamCasey
08-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Doesn't look like I'll be home in time. Tip one for me! ;)

creek14
08-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Okay Greg, looks like I am actually scheduled off that day. Amazing. Guess the creek clan will make the trip up 75.

GIK
08-30-2006, 11:41 AM
I am going to try and make this, schedule and weather (crosses-fingers) permitting. Looks like about a 3 hour drive for me.

redsrule2500
08-31-2006, 10:22 PM
Have Fun!

GAC
09-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Well folks.... I got some bad news.

I'm gonna have to postpone the cook-out for Sept 30th. I just found out last night that it has become a mandatory work day for us at Honda. In fact, the next 3 Saturdays are mandatory, and October does not look good either as far as work schedule. They are hitting us hard. We are really falling behind.

Plus my son's second leg of surgery is being scheduled for the end of this month. I thought we'd have had it done by now, but his physical therapy was extended.

I sincerely apologize. So lets bring this back up next spring and look for finding something around the start of the new baseball season.

I'll also have more yard then. ;)

Right now, they are getting to lay about 30 yards of black soil and seed.

So we'll start kicking around some common dates maybe in March.

Sean_CaseyRules
09-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Well I can't wait til next Spring then! lol