PDA

View Full Version : Entourage

kbrake
08-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Just curious how many of you watched HBO's Entourage and what you thought of the season finale on Sunday night. I thought the episode was very good as was the season as a whole. Great show cant wait for it to come back. At least Bill Mahers show has come back, so there is still something on HBO until Sopranos come back.

westofyou
08-29-2006, 07:10 PM
I watch it, and this season wa sthe best IMO, less fluff and more ensemble stuff... gotta love Johnny Drama (Matt Dillons kid brother)

kbrake
08-29-2006, 07:16 PM
I never liked Johnny Drama, but that has all changed after this season. I thought he was great and I loved his character the entire season. The scene in his trailer before his pilot was priceless.

RFS62
08-29-2006, 07:56 PM
"Victory!!!!"

Falls City Beer
08-29-2006, 08:01 PM
How do you guys afford the 100 dollar a month premium-channel cable bill?

Razor Shines
08-29-2006, 08:08 PM
If Ari is really fired and Piven is off the show I'll probably still watch but it won't be anywhere near as good. I haven't heard anything, and I think he will be back next year. There is one line from him that totally sold me on the show. It was at his daughters birthday party and E called him so he had to leave and his wife says "where are you going?" Ari says "That was the hospital, they just flew the heart in I have to go do the transplant!" Awesome.

Razor Shines
08-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Is that a joke? Or is cable in Philly just expensive?

RFS62
08-29-2006, 08:17 PM
If Ari is really fired and Piven is off the show I'll probably still watch but it won't be anywhere near as good. I haven't heard anything, and I think he will be back next year. There is one line from him that totally sold me on the show. It was at his daughters birthday party and E called him so he had to leave and his wife says "where are you going?" Ari says "That was the hospital, they just flew the heart in I have to go do the transplant!" Awesome.

No way Ari is off the show. They're just setting up the next round of story lines.

Ari is the best written character on there, followed closely by Johnny Drama.

Falls City Beer
08-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Is that a joke? Or is cable in Philly just expensive?

No, I have no idea, but from what I understand, it's around 70 bucks to get a premium channel package.

But most of my neighbors just steal it.

I don't have a damn bit of interest in TV myself, so I don't care one way or another. I was just curious.

Razor Shines
08-29-2006, 08:35 PM
No, I have no idea, but from what I understand, it's around 70 bucks to get a premium channel package.

But most of my neighbors just steal it.

I don't have a damn bit of interest in TV myself, so I don't care one way or another. I was just curious.

Oh ok. I pay about $45 dollars a month.

MaineRed
08-29-2006, 08:41 PM

$70, $100. Whats the difference?

Falls City Beer
08-29-2006, 08:44 PM
$70, $100. Whats the difference?

Well, let's see, because the $70 price tag was something I was told 3 or 4 years ago, so I assumed a rate hike.

kbrake
08-29-2006, 08:48 PM
I pay 10 additional dolllars to my regular cable bill for HBO every month. With Entourage, Sopranos, and Real Time with Bill Maher alone I feel like I get a great deal.

westofyou
08-29-2006, 09:20 PM

Work?

Mine is $79 and with NHL and MLB it's a $30 more 6 months a year... but I don't have kids... oh and I sold a software company in the 90's.

Falls City Beer
08-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Work?

Mine is $79 and with NHL and MLB it's a $30 more 6 months a year... but I don't have kids... oh and I sold a software company in the 90's.

Yeah, kids are expensive, but my wife and I are both professionals in our field--guess we spend it on travel.

I actually, I know exactly where the money goes: books.

westofyou
08-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah, kids are expensive, but my wife and I are both professionals in our field--guess we spend it on travel.

I do all that too... travel, I collect lots of baseball books (I'm at 150 or so), but I don't go out for expensive dinners, I don't do bad movies, or movies at night, I don't go out and buy tickets to expensive events, I drink beer not mixed drinks, I don't eat meat, I drive about 50 miles a week... all sorts of things that others spend cash on goes towards their lives goes to my HBO (and Fox.. gotta have soccer in the winter)

missionhockey21
08-29-2006, 09:46 PM
I have yet to see the finale, but I am looking forward to it. Entourage is a show that has really grown since it's start and the character development and storylines have all been a welcome change in comparison to what they often did in the first couple of seasons (although I felt Eric was a bit weak this season, not that bad though.)

Aceking
08-30-2006, 12:13 AM
That wasn't really the season finale. They split the season in two. The second "half" (about 10 episodes) will run with Sopranos early next year. I think the Ari thing was a cliff hanger between the two. My guess? Ari saves the Pablo Escobar movie and gets back into Vince's good graces sometime next year.

HumnHilghtFreel
08-30-2006, 02:35 AM
I definitely don't think Piven is off the show. Even if he's fired as the agent for good there would still be storyline possibilities for him.

All in all, this season was great though. The finale was pretty good as well.

GIK
08-30-2006, 09:10 AM
Love Entourage and I too hope Ari is back next year. It'd lose a lot if he doesn't return.

PS, my cable bill is $110/mo (which includes high speed internet, digital cable, HD package, HD DVR, HBO).

Redsfaithful
08-30-2006, 06:06 PM
PS, my cable bill is $110/mo (which includes high speed internet, digital cable, HD package, HD DVR, HBO).

I think we have the exact same package.

I'm hopeful that when the day comes for Entourage to be over that they'll do a spinoff based entirely on Ari. Piven really deserves his own show at this point.

Sweetstop
08-30-2006, 06:10 PM

It's not tv, it's HBO, FCB.:) Actually, you can winnow out quality programming on tv, just like you can separate reading trash from literature.

You're giving elitism a bad name around here.;)

Falls City Beer
08-30-2006, 06:56 PM
You're giving elitism a bad name around here.;)

My wife and I rent virtually every HBO show on DVD. Trust me, it's not elitism. Though it may sound like it.

It really is incredulity at the idea of dropping $100 on TV. That's all.

westofyou
08-30-2006, 07:43 PM
It really is incredulity at the idea of dropping $100 on TV. That's all.

So you're saying that all your Reds viewing is gamecast and the radio?

Falls City Beer
08-30-2006, 08:13 PM
So you're saying that all your Reds viewing is gamecast and the radio?

Most of it. Though I do watch a handful at bars and on Fox--brother-in-law's, etc.