PDA

View Full Version : New Survivor Set-Up

Razor Shines
08-29-2006, 08:27 PM
I have never watched Survivor but I just heard on the radio that this season is going to pit four races against each other. There are going to be four "teams" are: Asians, Blacks, Latinos and Whites.

Do you guys think this is good, bad or indifferent?

I must say that I'm intrigued and I know that I'm buying in to exactly what they want people to think and I realize it's a cheap advertising ploy, but I may check it out if I remember. Most people on the radio thought it was horrible. I don't think I would go that far, to me it may have some comedic value or it could just be really stupid.

dabvu2498
08-30-2006, 08:15 AM
What team would Tiger Woods be on???

HumnHilghtFreel
08-30-2006, 08:33 AM
It's kind of drawn me in as well. I've never watched the show, but I think this experiment is interesting enough to watch at least the first few episodes of it.

Unassisted
08-30-2006, 08:56 AM
Last season, the producers divided the cast by age and sex into 4 tribes for a short time. It caused nary a ripple in the media and neither the AARP nor NOW issued any news releases calling for the show's cancellation. I think it's amusing that this method of dividing the tribes has caused so much controversy, when this is by far the most diverse cast ever to appear on the show.

At the end of the day, some people seem to forget that it's still just a TV show.

RedsBaron
08-30-2006, 10:05 AM

:laugh:

Chip R
08-30-2006, 10:08 AM

He would be on the black team. ;)

http://www.tv.com/chappelles-show/ep.-201/episode/302273/summary.html

Redsland
08-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Look for challenges involving math, landscaping, and tagging.

:evil:

fewfirstchoice
08-30-2006, 11:51 AM
People put way to much into things,I mean for sake of everything holy its a game show.Some people(the higher ups in politics)just try to start something over nothing and its laughable at the length they would go to to get attention unbelievable.

By the way I see nothing wrong with it and think its a cleaver ideal to breath life back into the show.

justincredible
08-30-2006, 11:52 AM
He would be on the black team. ;)

http://www.tv.com/chappelles-show/ep.-201/episode/302273/summary.html

For shizzle!:laugh:

Unassisted
08-30-2006, 10:02 PM
GM announced today that it's pulling its sponsorship of this season of Survivor. Maybe Dr Z or Bill Ford are more open-minded?

Maybe there won't be a "car curse" this season? ;)

fewfirstchoice
08-31-2006, 01:32 AM
Its unbelievable a game show that has people separted by race is causing so much garbage feed back.I mean what do they think it will cause or make happen.some people are such idiots.

zombie-a-go-go
08-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Smart move by CBS - controversy is the best publicity.

I wouldn't read any more into it than that.