PDA

View Full Version : The Radio "SHOW" has arrived

Team Clark
08-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Yes fans the "show" has finally arrived.

Two weeks ago a crazy idea was hatched to put together a Baseball Podcast. Several variations of the Podcast were done, some good, some not so good. Finally last week Ken Griffey, Sr. and I taped two shows. We decided to get a "pilot" show out there. Would anyone listen? We think you just might. Redszone has given us a great deal of support. When I say a great deal I mean a GREAT DEAL. The number of people who volunteered their time and expertise is simply amazing. Studio professionals who are members of this great place literally lined up to help. And HELP they did. The result is something great due to their efforts.

We still have a long way to go. Work is being done on the website and engineering of our "show". I have posted the two "pilot" shows at http://podcast.baseballontheweb.com Please listen, download and provide feedback if at all possible. (You do not need an IPOD to listen to this show) These shows are packed with good info and several stories I know no one has heard. Yes, I already know the audio was just a little wacky at times. My fault. Will not happen again. :bang:

The Podcast Web Site is elementary. We have a very sharp Web master working on the Baseballontheweb.com site. Still very much under construction. I will let you know when it becomes available.

The show is designed with Redszone in mind. We absolutely want to choreograph future shows around Redszone content. Either through a thread, an actual forum called "Ask TC" or via e-mail we want to respond to the viewers, readers, posters of Redszone. Once we get a few of those shows under the belt the dynamic will be incredible. Starting in the next week or so we would like to start that process. My PM box is usually full. If you do not want to respond to a thread or create one please e-mail me at tc@baseballontheweb.com

We could not do this without Redszone's support. Boss and GIK have really been behind us on this and we appreciate all of their efforts. Redszone is where the whole idea started. In the coming months we would like to open up the site to more Podcasters. We would like other Redszone members to host their own show. It's a challenge, scary and exhilarating all at the same time. Let your opinion be heard.

Thanks again Redszone.:thumbup:

TC

HumnHilghtFreel
08-29-2006, 11:17 PM
It's in my favorites list already! I really appreciate you taking the time to put it all together and it seems to be turning out pretty good.

Team Clark
08-29-2006, 11:22 PM
It's in my favorites list already! I really appreciate you taking the time to put it all together and it seems to be turning out pretty good.

Thank you. This has been a lot of fun!

keeganbrick
08-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Listening to it now!

HumnHilghtFreel
08-29-2006, 11:32 PM
Also I'd like to mention that I really think it's great that you got Sr. to do the podcasts. As I'm listening, he really adds a lot of insight, which is nice.

For a first timer you sound very comfortable... you must be a natural, lol.

RedsManRick
08-29-2006, 11:33 PM
:beerme: :thumbup: :beerme: :thumbup: :beerme:

Listening now. This is great stuff TC!

jimbo
08-30-2006, 12:08 AM
This is just great stuff......very enjoyable. Thanks so much for your work put into it, now on my favorites list.

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 12:59 AM
This is just great stuff......very enjoyable. Thanks so much for your work put into it, now on my favorites list.

We had a great time. We were going to call George Foster but we had no way of recording him over the phone at the time. Hopefully we can do that soon.:thumbup:

HumnHilghtFreel
08-30-2006, 01:27 AM
We had a great time. We were going to call George Foster but we had no way of recording him over the phone at the time. Hopefully we can do that soon.:thumbup:

I have no clue how much the program costs, but my school used one called Skype. It allowed you to make a call from the computer, which you could record to the podcast.

I'll try to get some info on it for you if I can. EDIT: here it is http://www.skype.com/download/

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 08:27 AM
We downloaded Gizmo but can not get it to work. :rolleyes: We'll keep trying.

Yachtzee
08-30-2006, 08:43 AM
I have no clue how much the program costs, but my school used one called Skype. It allowed you to make a call from the computer, which you could record to the podcast.

I'll try to get some info on it for you if I can. EDIT: here it is http://www.skype.com/download/

Skype works well. I was able to talk to my brother in China with little trouble, other than both of us being on the computer at the same time.

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Skype works well. I was able to talk to my brother in China with little trouble, other than both of us being on the computer at the same time.

Excellent. Thank you both for the suggestion.

dabvu2498
08-30-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm about halfway through the first episode. Good stuff!!!

Would Sr. have any interest in going into the booth??? He'd be solid. You're ok, too, of course, TC.

Did you guys have to drum up your own sponsorship or did your host take care of that?

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm about halfway through the first episode. Good stuff!!!

Would Sr. have any interest in going into the booth??? He'd be solid. You're ok, too, of course, TC.

Did you guys have to drum up your own sponsorship or did your host take care of that?

Sr. would like to do a show with me. That has been discussed. Both of us could do a show and still go out and evaluate. Would be fun.

We made up the sponsors in the intro to make the show sound good. We really need a sponsor as funds are limited. TRF is working on our web page. There will be a button that links to Payapl for donations if anyone is interested.

Crosley68
08-30-2006, 09:27 AM
TC, I really enjoyed it. I look forward to listening to the next 100 installments!!!

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 09:36 AM
TC, I really enjoyed it. I look forward to listening to the next 100 installments!!!

Did you listen to both shows or just one? Curious as to what you may have liked or disliked. :eek:

redsfan30
08-30-2006, 09:46 AM
I can't get either show to come up.

Help!!!!!

HumnHilghtFreel
08-30-2006, 09:49 AM

Help!!!!!

Do you have a pop-up blocker on? Because the actual broadcast comes up in a seperate window.

15fan
08-30-2006, 09:52 AM
We had a great time. We were going to call George Foster but we had no way of recording him over the phone at the time. Hopefully we can do that soon.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

redsfan30
08-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Do you have a pop-up blocker on? Because the actual broadcast comes up in a seperate window.

Nope.

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 10:04 AM

Help!!!!!

You can always "right" click on the link and then click on Open In New Window. Give that a whirl. Enjoy the shows!:beerme:

redsfan30
08-30-2006, 10:10 AM
You can always "right" click on the link and then click on Open In New Window. Give that a whirl. Enjoy the shows!:beerme:
Tried that, and the new box comes up and says the page can't be displayed.

Crosley68
08-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Yes I listened to both. I always enjoy getting to hear about the inner workings of teams. I especially like to hear about what players are thinking during certain situations.
The only problem I heard was that in the second installment, you guys on occasion stepped on each other a bit. I would imagine that is because you guys know each other so well you kinda know what the other is going to say....lol. Keep up the terrific work.

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Tried that, and the new box comes up and says the page can't be displayed.

I promise you that the shows are there. I just went back and looked to make sure everything was still active. All good. Hmmmm..... Not sure what to make of that. Can anyone else help? I wonder if it is something with your security settings?

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Yes I listened to both. I always enjoy getting to hear about the inner workings of teams. I especially like to hear about what players are thinking during certain situations.
The only problem I heard was that in the second installment, you guys on occasion stepped on each other a bit. I would imagine that is because you guys know each other so well you kinda know what the other is going to say....lol. Keep up the terrific work.

Yeah we laughed about that when we replayed it. We were able to cut a lot of that out but some of it had to stay. We'll stop doing that in the future. (I HOPE)

We've heard each other's stories so many times that we both think we were there when it happened. :laugh:

redsfan30
08-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Usually, things download pretty quick on my machine.

I'll just click on the link and let it sit for a while and hopefully it'll come up.

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 10:18 AM

I'll just click on the link and let it sit for a while and hopefully it'll come up.

Ok. Keep me posted. I would like to know if this gets resolved in case it were to happen to someone else. ;)

smith288
08-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Try using Firefox. I used it and it was flawless.

I'd like to hear a little pub for Redszone in your broadcast. ;)

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Try using Firefox. I used it and it was flawless.

I'd like to hear a little pub for Redszone in your broadcast. ;)

We will be pimping Redszone pretty heavily from here on out. It was difficult to pub Redszone since we did not have the right context for it. We were trying to do a Q&A session with the Q's coming from Redszone. We just did not get the right feel. We'll make it work in the future since the show will be more centered around Redszone content.:thumbup:

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 10:27 AM

I right clicked on the link and just hit "Open" and the podcast came right up. I had the same problem you did when clicking on "open in new window". Good to know in the future.

redsfan30
08-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Still nothing. I'm bummed....

I'll try it on my computer at home tonight.

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Still nothing. I'm bummed....

I'll try it on my computer at home tonight.

Wow... Did you try Firefox? I tried it and it works really good.... I can't wait until you get to hear it.

shredda2000
08-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Good Stuff...Keep up the good work!!!

redsfan30
08-30-2006, 11:43 AM
I GOT IT FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have enough time to listen to it before lunch, but can't wait to listen after lunch!

BuckWoody
08-30-2006, 11:47 AM
I've listened to the second installment and I enjoyed it a great deal. :thumbup:

"Entire State Building"...that was priceless! :D My favorite Ricky story was the one where, while in Seattle, he told John Olerud that he played with a dude that wore a helmet in the field when he played for the Mets and Olerud told him, "Yeah, that was me.". Not sure if that one's true or not but it's a good one nonetheless.

Great job, TC. I look forward to many more!

shredda2000
08-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Did you listen to both shows or just one? Curious as to what you may have liked or disliked. :eek:

I listened to both...cannot wait for the next one :thumbup:

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 12:16 PM
I've listened to the second installment and I enjoyed it a great deal. :thumbup:

"Entire State Building"...that was priceless! :D My favorite Ricky story was the one where, while in Seattle, he told John Olerud that he played with a dude that wore a helmet in the field when he played for the Mets and Olerud told him, "Yeah, that was me.". Not sure if that one's true or not but it's a good one nonetheless.

Great job, TC. I look forward to many more!

I'm fairly certain that story is true. I've heard that one several times.

Glad you like both shows. :thumbup:

HumnHilghtFreel
08-30-2006, 12:21 PM
I might have missed it, and sorry if I did, but is there any kind of a schedule set up as of right now?

Shaknb8k
08-30-2006, 12:22 PM
is there any way i can save this to my memory card so i can listen to it on my mp3 player later on at work?

HumnHilghtFreel
08-30-2006, 12:23 PM
is there any way i can save this to my memory card so i can listen to it on my mp3 player later on at work?

I'm pretty sure you can click on the little "download" button under each of the sessions listed and it will download to your computer, then you should be able to put it on your player from there.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/tokenblckgy/doc.jpg

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 12:27 PM
I might have missed it, and sorry if I did, but is there any kind of a schedule set up as of right now?

No schedule yet. However, we are producing another show right now. I am not sure if Ken will be on this one. He's preparing to have surgery. :( So, I'll do a show at his expense! :thumbup:

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm pretty sure you can click on the little "download" button under each of the sessions listed and it will download to your computer, then you should be able to put it on your player from there.

That is what I did. I also subscribed to my own podcast through ITUNES. I just plugged in the podcast address and wahlah. Pretty neat program...:cool:

Yachtzee
08-30-2006, 12:45 PM
That is what I did. I also subscribed to my own podcast through ITUNES. I just plugged in the podcast address and wahlah. Pretty neat program...:cool:

iTunes is pretty nice. You can subscribe to the podcast and it will automatically download new installments. Well, that's what it was doing for me with the Red Hot Mama podcasts.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to listen to them tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

terminator
08-30-2006, 01:08 PM
I just finished both and thought they were very good.

The second episode was definitely better than the first. I guess my advice from that would be to stick with more specific topics than general. It is more interesting to hear baseball stories in context than hear discussion about a generic topic like "what does a good manager do?" Instead, something like "what did <Sparky> do that made him such a good manager?" would be better. Otherwise you end up with the usual filler chatter and euphemisms.

I chuckled at the Entire State Building story. Rising in the car as a kid we were playing the initials game and I stumped everyone with "U.S.B." Yep, the Umpire State Building. ;)

I wouldn't worry about "slicking up" the production too much. One of the reasons it was enjoyable is that it wasn't interrupted with commercials and there wasn't a sense of being rushed. You come across as the "straight man" who keeps the program on track. Both of you are (IMHO) very good for guys who aren't professional broadcasters. Your voice and demeanor kind of remind me of Steve Stewart actually.

I'd really like to hear George Foster as a guest. He was my favorite player growing up (and I met him at the opening of the Reds HOF).

Obviously, the more Reds content the better.

And while you're at it since you keep mentioning that you were a catcher, a brief intro/bio on your playing career would be nice for listeners.

Just a few thoughts. I think it's good and would like to hear more.

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 01:18 PM

The second episode was definitely better than the first. I guess my advice from that would be to stick with more specific topics than general. It is more interesting to hear baseball stories in context than hear discussion about a generic topic like "what does a good manager do?" Instead, something like "what did <Sparky> do that made him such a good manager?" would be better. Otherwise you end up with the usual filler chatter and euphemisms.

I chuckled at the Entire State Building story. Rising in the car as a kid we were playing the initials game and I stumped everyone with "U.S.B." Yep, the Umpire State Building. ;)

I wouldn't worry about "slicking up" the production too much. One of the reasons it was enjoyable is that it wasn't interrupted with commercials and there wasn't a sense of being rushed. You come across as the "straight man" who keeps the program on track. Both of you are (IMHO) very good for guys who aren't professional broadcasters. Your voice and demeanor kind of remind me of Steve Stewart actually.

I'd really like to hear George Foster as a guest. He was my favorite player growing up (and I met him at the opening of the Reds HOF).

Obviously, the more Reds content the better.

And while you're at it since you keep mentioning that you were a catcher, a brief intro/bio on your playing career would be nice for listeners.

Just a few thoughts. I think it's good and would like to hear more.

Thank you for all of the Feedback. Whew! Good stuff. We slicked it up a bit because our show is already being looked at for syndication. Other than that we will keep that to a minimum unless someone pays us!:thumbup:

The two shows were different to give us two different looks. Seems like it is 50/50 from the e-mails as to which "set up" is preferred. I like the co-host format because...well he's a good friend and we complement each other nicely.

There are about 200 stories I'd love to tell but we would get an R rating or worse. :evil: We'll just have to stick to the funny stuff.:laugh:

Steve Stewart huh? I like Steve so that is a good thing.

Straight man? You should hear the blooper reel!! We did an entire show without a mistake. Not one. The second show was not as smooth because we kept making each other laugh so hard. I'll clean up the bloopers and post them soon. I deleted a lot before I realized I should be keeping them.

NOBODY has said anything about the Narron Intro!! C'Mon folks!!!

I'll have George on soon. He's a riot. I'll need to put tape over my mouth!

redsfan30
08-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Finally got it to work, TC and it's great stuff.

I think my favorite was the story of how Senior got the opportunity to go play with Junior in Seattle.

Fantastic work, and I really look foward to future installments!

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Finally got it to work, TC and it's great stuff.

I think my favorite was the story of how Senior got the opportunity to go play with Junior in Seattle.

Fantastic work, and I really look foward to future installments!

Thanks. There is a lot more to that story but it would take another 15 minutes to cover. Really good stuff. My fave is the Rickey and Jr. stories. I had not heard those before.

MartyFan
08-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Thank you for all of the Feedback. Whew! Good stuff. We slicked it up a bit because our show is already being looked at for syndication. Other than that we will keep that to a minimum unless someone pays us!:thumbup:

The two shows were different to give us two different looks. Seems like it is 50/50 from the e-mails as to which "set up" is preferred. I like the co-host format because...well he's a good friend and we complement each other nicely.

There are about 200 stories I'd love to tell but we would get an R rating or worse. :evil: We'll just have to stick to the funny stuff.:laugh:

Steve Stewart huh? I like Steve so that is a good thing.

Straight man? You should hear the blooper reel!! We did an entire show without a mistake. Not one. The second show was not as smooth because we kept making each other laugh so hard. I'll clean up the bloopers and post them soon. I deleted a lot before I realized I should be keeping them.

NOBODY has said anything about the Narron Intro!! C'Mon folks!!!

I'll have George on soon. He's a riot. I'll need to put tape over my mouth!

Okay, TC, I was going to say that it was pretty cool and all that...and it is...VERY FUNNY...I just couldn't fiugre out something witty to say about it...I am tired today.

Nice job.

Marty

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Ahhh Marty strikes first. :laugh:

Glad you enjoyed it. Can't wait to get the next one finished. We are doing some re-work on the site today as well as pulling together 2 new segments. Really goos stuff!!

08-30-2006, 04:15 PM
No schedule yet. However, we are producing another show right now. I am not sure if Ken will be on this one. He's preparing to have surgery. :( So, I'll do a show at his expense! :thumbup:

Thanks- I liked it.

Danny Serafini
08-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Just listened to the first one, really looking forward to the second one now. Good stuff.

KYRed
08-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Actually listened to the 2nd podcast first, but really loved it! Great to hear stories that weren't public, or at least that I didn't know about. Thanks TC.

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Actually listened to the 2nd podcast first, but really loved it! Great to hear stories that weren't public, or at least that I didn't know about. Thanks TC.

Glad we have it out there. The site is really rolling along. Looks like a lot of people are listening.

redsfan4445
08-30-2006, 08:51 PM
TC you did a great job!! maybe the Mods could put a permanent link button to your site at the top :)
Plus a link to ask questions for future shows...:)

What about these other ex-players and coaches??

Coaches/managers
Sparky Anderson, Lou Pinella, Davey Johnson, Dave Collins

Players
Big Red Machine players:Rose, Morgan, Foster, Bench, Concepcion, Billingham, Gullett, Borbon and Eastwick

other ex-Reds players,

Larkin, Eric Davis, Rijo, The Nasty Boys, Kevin Mitchell, Shaw, Joe Oliver, Sabo, O'Niell, Braggs, Reggie Sanders, Mercker(might not be back), Seaver,
Danny Jackson, Lenny Harris, Greg Vaughn, Cameron, Pokie Reese, A. Boone, Bret Boone, E. Taubensee, Benzinger, Doran, Duncan, Bily Bates, T. Walker, Pena, Kearns, Lopez... just to name a few.

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 09:17 PM
TC you did a great job!! maybe the Mods could put a permanent link button to your site at the top :)
Plus a link to ask questions for future shows...:)

What about these other ex-players and coaches??

Coaches/managers
Sparky Anderson, Lou Pinella, Davey Johnson, Dave Collins

Players
Big Red Machine players:Rose, Morgan, Foster, Bench, Concepcion, Billingham, Gullett, Borbon and Eastwick

other ex-Reds players,

Larkin, Eric Davis, Rijo, The Nasty Boys, Kevin Mitchell, Shaw, Joe Oliver, Sabo, O'Niell, Braggs, Reggie Sanders, Mercker(might not be back), Seaver,
Danny Jackson, Lenny Harris, Greg Vaughn, Cameron, Pokie Reese, A. Boone, Bret Boone, E. Taubensee, Benzinger, Doran, Duncan, Bily Bates, T. Walker, Pena, Kearns, Lopez... just to name a few.

I'd love to talk to them all. Some I know an some I do not. Lou Piniella would be the bomb. So would Sparky. PETE!! I'd love to have Pete, Foster and Concepcion on the same show.... Mmm Boy! I see alot of these guys during the year and a few in the off season. I will keep my recorder handy!!

MartyFan
08-30-2006, 10:00 PM
TC:

I would love to hear Davey Concepcion on the show...I am really interested in hearing about his experiences playing in Venezuala...he played EVERY off season with his hometown team there and never seemed to go through any of the problems so many players nowdays go through because they simply "play too much"...which I think is a bunch of crap...anyway I'd really love to hear what Davey thinks about that and the new ownership and if he intends on getting involved in baseball ever again...id that anything you can go with?

buckscout
08-30-2006, 10:05 PM

I, on the other hand, enjoy the talk about what a good manager would do and so forth. Kind of gives me the feeling of if I am on the right page as them or not. I think you could talk about anything as long as it involvs baseball and I would tune in. Great job TC.
My uncle is a chairman for Nationwide insurance...a gynormous Reds fan...I will talk to him about sponsership and if that is something he could get done. He is always lining my softball team's pockets as well as my son's little league team, my daughters cheer squad, my numerous cousins pockets...anything for a tax write off. I will see if he's interested and contact you via email, I am not promising anything but that just seems to be right up his alley.

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 10:10 PM
I, on the other hand, enjoy the talk about what a good manager would do and so forth. Kind of gives me the feeling of if I am on the right page as them or not. I think you could talk about anything as long as it involvs baseball and I would tune in. Great job TC.
My uncle is a chairman for Nationwide insurance...a gynormous Reds fan...I will talk to him about sponsership and if that is something he could get done. He is always lining my softball team's pockets as well as my son's little league team, my daughters cheer squad, my numerous cousins pockets...anything for a tax write off. I will see if he's interested and contact you via email, I am not promising anything but that just seems to be right up his alley.

I would certianly appreciate that. I'm sure we could find a way to thank him personally! Your efforts are GREATLY appreciated.

buckscout
08-30-2006, 10:12 PM
I would also love to maybe hear some dugout chatter if thats possible. whenever I get tix from family I get so close I can hear them in the dugout. Some people may think that is petty but I enjoy hearing how they pump each other up and how they talk strategy. If you could somehow get some audio of that without the foul langauge, that would be a neat little addition. My alltime favorite was on Ken Griffey Jr. bobblehead night, Adam dunn broke a bobble head and used tape to put it together and sat it on the railing and told Jr. that this is what the bobblehead should look like. He had the entire section laughing and the laughter from the dugout was LOUD. Thats the kind of stuff that makes those guys seem more down to earth and like-able.

Team Clark
08-30-2006, 10:17 PM
I would also love to maybe hear some dugout chatter if thats possible. whenever I get tix from family I get so close I can hear them in the dugout. Some people may think that is petty but I enjoy hearing how they pump each other up and how they talk strategy. If you could somehow get some audio of that without the foul langauge, that would be a neat little addition. My alltime favorite was on Ken Griffey Jr. bobblehead night, Adam dunn broke a bobble head and used tape to put it together and sat it on the railing and told Jr. that this is what the bobblehead should look like. He had the entire section laughing and the laughter from the dugout was LOUD. Thats the kind of stuff that makes those guys seem more down to earth and like-able.

No problem. We can do that. Sooner than you may think!! :devil:

Razor Shines
08-31-2006, 12:56 AM

First off be sure to tell Sr. that we all hope and pray all goes well.

Secondly, I listened to both shows today in the car. I drive a lot so these shows are going to be great for work. I thought both shows were great, you both seemed to genuinely enjoy doing it, and I think that is a huge part of radio success. Obviously quality content is paramount, but you guys have plenty of that. Thanks again for doing this, looking forward to more.

Team Clark
08-31-2006, 08:06 AM
Thank you. Looking forward to doing more. We're in production now.

HumnHilghtFreel
08-31-2006, 08:09 AM
I like the new look of the site. The only problem for me though, is that the links kind of hover all over the place. Not sure if anyone else is seeing that too.

TRF
08-31-2006, 10:25 AM
The podcast module does one thing good, one bad.

the good: it manages podcasts.

the bad: limited control over layout. very limited.

Team Clark
08-31-2006, 01:25 PM
We will more than likely end up going with a diff't host that has better options. We just wanted to get the site posted as soon as we could to get some feedback.

The "Donate Here" link is up and working if anyone would care to help out. You certainly do not have to. The commercials we have in the program are Public Service announcements. The intro with sponsors was made up, but it sounded good!! We really need additional funds to help make this better... Donate Only if you want to or can afford to.

Red in Chicago
08-31-2006, 04:40 PM
good stuff...i enjoyed it:thumbup:

Team Clark
08-31-2006, 09:31 PM
good stuff...i enjoyed it:thumbup:

Glad you did. The next one will be really good. I can hardly wait to get it finished.

redsrule2500
08-31-2006, 10:24 PM
haha cool!!

Shaknb8k
08-31-2006, 10:41 PM
Im listening to them right now and they are great. Im still having a problem with the Download button. It says its downloading in the bottom left corner and then the Quicktime logo comes up and it will play but i cant find it anywhere on my computer. Might just be a computer problem for me.

But anyways these are great. When you said syndicated what exactly did you mean? And if you have a minute or two to type a short post about how you came up with the idea. I think they are great and make sure you let us know when the next one comes out.

PS: I just heard the Narron intro.....my goodness i cant stop laughing. Thats great.

Team Clark
08-31-2006, 11:25 PM
When you said syndicated what exactly did you mean? And if you have a minute or two to type a short post about how you came up with the idea. I think they are great and make sure you let us know when the next one comes out.

PS: I just heard the Narron intro.....my goodness i cant stop laughing. Thats great.

We have literally been contacted about "syndicating" this show and making it a "regular" show on a network. :thumbup: That would be pretty cool. Especially since we have only done two shows. I think that syndication is still off in the distance but it is nice to hear people speak of your show with such regard.

I came up with the idea out of nowhere. I posted a thread to see if anyone would be interested in listening. The responses were great and the show was hatched. I called my Dad, whose forward thinking skills resemble that of a "crystal ball". We sketched out a plan and here we are. We had tremendous help from Redszone members. We started with no equipment, format or any idea of what we are doing. With a lot of help, hard work, practice, more practice, patience, some smoke & mirrors, we put together a pretty cool show.

MartyFan, Linedriver, TRF, Brutus the Pimp, Ryanparkersongs, RedsMetz, SunDeck, Javy Pornstache and BuckeyeNut made this happen. Period. The amount of expertise extolled was just plain ridiculous. Talk about steering someone in the right direction.... Having these people help put a show together was like having Arnold Palmer choose you as his protege at the age of 4. :p:

This is why the Donations are so important. We're needing to go to step 2.

Glad you liked the Narron Intro. I had a few e-mails asking me how I got Narron to do that.... Our very first "test" show was of me interviewing Narron. It was an absolute scream. I sent it to 8 people who all liked it. Half suggested I just do that kind of show. Skits, impressions, etc... It would be fun and maybe that will get worked into the show but I think more people want to hear what Griffey, Sr., Foster, Junior, Larkin, Morgan and a few others have to say.

The next show will be out soon. I do not have a date yet. We're working on it.

REDREAD
09-01-2006, 06:07 AM
Nice, I just heard the first one. I like the relaxed, conversational format. I'm sure you guys had an outline of what to talk about, but it seemed very natural. It's quite refreshing from a normal talk show hosts who asks the same questions to every person he interviews and is waiting to just for his shift to end :)

My only comment would be that if the commericals were phony, to leave them out. The cancer public service announcement is fine. You're going to have a harder time getting people to donate with those fake commericals, because they are going to assume you already have real sponsors lined up.
(That's what I assumed).

Team Clark
09-01-2006, 08:00 AM
Nice, I just heard the first one. I like the relaxed, conversational format. I'm sure you guys had an outline of what to talk about, but it seemed very natural. It's quite refreshing from a normal talk show hosts who asks the same questions to every person he interviews and is waiting to just for his shift to end :)

My only comment would be that if the commericals were phony, to leave them out. The cancer public service announcement is fine. You're going to have a harder time getting people to donate with those fake commericals, because they are going to assume you already have real sponsors lined up.
(That's what I assumed).

Agreed. We realized that late in the game. My hindsight is only 20/200 so it takes awhile.:laugh:

Northern Red
09-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Awesome, awesome, awesome! TY, TC, et al. Great stories. I hope Sr. can come back for more shows. Priceless...

Team Clark
09-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Awesome, awesome, awesome! TY, TC, et al. Great stories. I hope Sr. can come back for more shows. Priceless...

Thank you for the response. We too are excited about the show. Next week will be a lot of fun!

Strikes Out Looking
09-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Maybe you can get Adam from Milwaukee to call in!

Team Clark
09-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Maybe you can get Adam from Milwaukee to call in!

That would be hilarious. Maybe I could get JR. to call and do that to his Dad.

IowaRed
09-01-2006, 07:37 PM
TC,

I really enjoyed your work. I've always been a huge fan of the much underrated Griffey Sr. and enjoy listening to him as well. I would really like to hear Foster and obviously Pete would be a good get. Any of the 1990 or 1999 guys would be great, maybe theme shows if you could do more than 1 guest at a time. Also any updates on any of Redzone's own being on the show?

Team Clark
09-01-2006, 09:41 PM
TC,

I really enjoyed your work. I've always been a huge fan of the much underrated Griffey Sr. and enjoy listening to him as well. I would really like to hear Foster and obviously Pete would be a good get. Any of the 1990 or 1999 guys would be great, maybe theme shows if you could do more than 1 guest at a time. Also any updates on any of Redzone's own being on the show?

We have a lot in the works. Right now we are working on the software we need to do call ins. Next week will be a blast.

Team Clark
09-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Hopefully by Monday night we will have 3 more shows in the "can". Several interviews and some Redszone content.

Now would be a good time to E-Mail questions and topics. tc@baseballontheweb.com

DoogMinAmo
09-03-2006, 01:51 AM
TC,

I feel odd asking this, but does this affect your role with the Rays at all?

I would think they would probably not want you doing a show heavily oriented around another team, even if in another league. Not to ask a personal question, but as much as we all appreciate this, I would hope it does not endanger your job at all.

MaineRed
09-03-2006, 02:01 AM
I have to admit, I was thinking the same exact thing but I didn't want to ask.

By the way, just got a chance to listen to the first show. Well done.

Team Clark
09-03-2006, 10:21 AM
TC,

I feel odd asking this, but does this affect your role with the Rays at all?

I would think they would probably not want you doing a show heavily oriented around another team, even if in another league. Not to ask a personal question, but as much as we all appreciate this, I would hope it does not endanger your job at all.

There is nothing in my contract that says I can not. Just in case someone has a problem I'm going by TC on the show. If by chance it ever becomes a problem then I will just deal with that issue accordingly. So far so good.

MartyFan
09-03-2006, 11:11 AM
There is nothing in my contract that says I can not. Just in case someone has a problem I'm going by TC on the show. If by chance it ever becomes a problem then I will just deal with that issue accordingly. So far so good.

I'm not certain how it would be a conflict...I mean, it deals more with the history of another team and anything current is more to do with the approach to the game.

I have had a few side projects that got my former employers up in arms....one went as far as to fire me...it was when I started doing stand up comedy...I performed in clubs, bars, etc and happened to emcee a bi/gay/les comedy show because one of the girls in it was a longtime friend of mine...I am a born again Christian and my employer at the time was a Christian radio station....they said they didn't think it looked right for a Christian to hang out in a bar with "THAT GROUP"..I was fired.

Oh well.

On the way out the door I asked them as a Christian who should I habg out with in a bar...all the other Christian pretend they don't go there.:beerme:

redsmetz
09-07-2006, 01:46 PM
I have had a few side projects that got my former employers up in arms....one went as far as to fire me...it was when I started doing stand up comedy...I performed in clubs, bars, etc and happened to emcee a bi/gay/les comedy show because one of the girls in it was a longtime friend of mine...I am a born again Christian and my employer at the time was a Christian radio station....they said they didn't think it looked right for a Christian to hang out in a bar with "THAT GROUP"..I was fired.

Well that left you in good company. I seem to remember Jesus himself catch hell from the religious leaders of his day for the same thing!

Team Clark
09-07-2006, 03:38 PM
I spoke with Tom Hume last night. He will be on our show in the coming weeks. He's "running on empty" and wants to wait a bit until he's able to spend some time with us to answer a host of questions. It will be great to have Tom on the show.

traderumor
09-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Well that left you in good company. I seem to remember Jesus himself catch hell from the religious leaders of his day for the same thing!I think its a stretch to compare what Marty Fan is describing to sharing a meal with the outcasts of Jewish society and telling them about the kingdom of God.

dabvu2498
09-07-2006, 05:07 PM
I think its a stretch to compare what Marty Fan is describing to sharing a meal with the outcasts of Jewish society and telling them about the kingdom of God.

I would say that it more closely relates to the story of Jesus and the Samaritan woman. :dunno:

TeamBoone
09-07-2006, 06:09 PM
I think its a stretch to compare what Marty Fan is describing to sharing a meal with the outcasts of Jewish society and telling them about the kingdom of God.

OK, I'm confused. Jews believe in God.

traderumor
09-07-2006, 07:03 PM
I would say that it more closely relates to the story of Jesus and the Samaritan woman. :dunno:Not unless Marty told all of the gays/les/bis in attendance that he knew that they had many partners and the one they were living with now was not their spouse ;) My point really was that its sounds like Marty was joining in the frivolity of people celebrating their immorality, which is not what Jesus was all about when he fellowshipped with "sinners." Of course, I'm making a big boatload of assumptions, perhaps Marty was evangelizing, I dunno. Anyhow, I've dragged this off-topic, sorry TC.

redsmetz
09-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Okay, folks, I knew I should have held up even commenting. Let's bring it back around to topic. It was meant tongue in cheek.

Team Clark
09-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Not unless Marty told all of the gays/les/bis in attendance that he knew that they had many partners and the one they were living with now was not their spouse ;) My point really was that its sounds like Marty was joining in the frivolity of people celebrating their immorality, which is not what Jesus was all about when he fellowshipped with "sinners." Of course, I'm making a big boatload of assumptions, perhaps Marty was evangelizing, I dunno. Anyhow, I've dragged this off-topic, sorry TC.

Off topic? How about careened off the highway! :laugh:

Ken and I just finished a real good segment. We should have this podcast up by tomorrow.