PDA

View Full Version : Redsfest Questions?

Shaknb8k
08-31-2006, 12:02 PM
I see where the Reds are promoting Redsfest a lot this year. The new uniforms are going to be shown there and the website has been talking about things that will be going on. But i have a question for people who have been to Restfest in the past.

What exactly will they have there? It seems like this years is going to be a little different than in the past but I figure for the most part its going to be the same as when the used to have it if not a little bit better.

What im really wanting to know is it worth me driving 3 1/2 hours to go see it? This is the first year I can go to it and it seems like its going to be good but i just dont really know much about it.

terminator
08-31-2006, 01:15 PM
I went the first year they had it and it was fun. The night I went they had Griffey Sr. talking about hitting, a number of Reds were signing autographs, they had a play-by-play booth were you could call an inning, there was a large section of vendors selling memorabilia/cards. There were quite a few other sessions/talks as well.

That said, I wouldn't drive 350 miles for it. Junior's not going to take you out for dinner after all . . .

Chip R
08-31-2006, 01:41 PM
They will have autograph and photo sessions with players on both days. They usually have stage shows where they have a Q&A session with the front office, trivia games, etc. Lots of memorabilia booths and stuff for kids. Also Reds gear for sale. May not be worth the long drive but if you want autographs and pics from the most popular players, be prepared to stand in line for a long time. Even then you may not be able to get one.

TeamBoone
08-31-2006, 02:07 PM
I've been to every Reds Fest, and I highly recommend it. If you're a huge Reds fan, it's worth the drive (I would do it if I were in your situation).

Autographs (long lines, not my cup of tea anymore because they've changed the process), photo ops with your own camera, Reds gear at substantially reduced prices, stage shows (Q&A panels, trivia, and more w/select players/staff/GM), vendors with everything imaginable that is baseball related, live WLW broadcasting often interviewing players, call an inning, kids stuff (pitching, batting, etc), vintage baseball booth, Rosey Reds booth... and always some new stuff and things that change from year to year.

I've never found myself bored or at a loss for things to explore and do.

One thing to keep in mind, all players are not there each day/night... I believe when the event draws near, they'll publish a schedule of which players will be there when (some minor leaguers are also present... maybe Votto, Bailey, and Bruce!).

paulrichjr
08-31-2006, 02:33 PM
I see where the Reds are promoting Redsfest a lot this year. The new uniforms are going to be shown there and the website has been talking about things that will be going on. But i have a question for people who have been to Restfest in the past.

What exactly will they have there? It seems like this years is going to be a little different than in the past but I figure for the most part its going to be the same as when the used to have it if not a little bit better.

What im really wanting to know is it worth me driving 3 1/2 hours to go see it? This is the first year I can go to it and it seems like its going to be good but i just dont really know much about it.

I drove 6 hours to the last one and let's just say that unless something happens I will be at the next one. It was well worth it. My son has memories that he will never forget. A picture with Griffey is worth a lot. I enjoyed the questions and answers with guys like Foster and Marty. It is really cool...(really really cheap Reds stuff also - the last day)

macro
08-31-2006, 03:14 PM
This may seem silly, but I really wish they'd have the players show up in uniforms. It would make for much better photographs, and would make the meeting seem more "authentic", for lack of a better word.

justincredible
08-31-2006, 03:29 PM
I have never been to one but I might make the trek down from Indy if I can find someone to tag along. It sounds like a ton of fun.

REDREAD
08-31-2006, 11:19 PM
I wonder if Wayne will take questions from the crowd like Bowden used to.

Also, props to the new ownership for getting Redsfest going again. Remember last year, how Allen gave some lame excuse about how there wasn't going to be anywhere to hold it? Hopefully Allen will be DFAed by the time Redsfest happens. :pray:

TeamBoone
09-01-2006, 01:30 AM
IAlso, props to the new ownership for getting Redsfest going again. Remember last year, how Allen gave some lame excuse about how there wasn't going to be anywhere to hold it? Hopefully Allen will be DFAed by the time Redsfest happens.

This has nothing to do with new management. RF was always scheduled to resume when the Convention Center's renovation was completed.

And I wouldn't be surprised at all to see WK field questions.

REDREAD
09-01-2006, 01:47 AM
This has nothing to do with new management. RF was always scheduled to resume when the Convention Center's renovation was completed.

And I wouldn't be surprised at all to see WK field questions.

Ok, if it was finished this year, then it's neutral. I didn't realize it was done.

I still think they should've done something like RedsFest during the renovation.. but oh well, that's past.

Chip R
09-01-2006, 02:07 AM
Ok, if it was finished this year, then it's neutral. I didn't realize it was done.

I still think they should've done something like RedsFest during the renovation.. but oh well, that's past.

They could have it there easy enough. They just did not want to and the renovations was just a convienient excuse. They were probably losing money on the thing and that is why they scrubbed it.

TeamBoone
09-01-2006, 02:55 PM

I totally agree.

There are places large enough to accomodate the function (actually, Chip and I had this discussion). Not only that, but functions were still being held in the CC throughout the renovation process.

I believe it was a John Allen decision to suspend it while the CC was being enlarged.

I don't know how they could have lost money. The place was nearly always rocking when ever I went.

indyred
09-22-2006, 08:34 PM
did they have a good selection of game used stuff in the past.....anybody know if they sold any game used stuff at GABP this season, games i was at in June they wern't, or is all being held for this???? also if anyone recalls, what were cracked bats and jerseys going for and any helmets or caps?

Unassisted
10-28-2006, 05:45 PM
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061028/SPT04/610280389/

Kahn's Redsfest

When: Friday, Dec. 1, 4-11 p.m; Saturday, Dec. 2, noon-8 p.m. (10 a.m. to noon for season-ticketholders only)

Who's there: Among the Reds already committed to appear are Ryan Freel, Brandon Phillips, Bronson Arroyo, David Ross, Todd Coffey, Javier Valentin, Juan Castro and Brandon Claussen.

Cost: One-day pass, $10 adults, $5 for 12 and under; two-day, $15/$7.

Tickets will go on sale Monday at reds.com, by phone at 513-381-REDS or toll free at 877-647-REDS, and at all area Meijer stores.

Included: All activities are covered in the admission price. Items also are available for purchase, including your photo on a Louisville Slugger bat, baseballs dipped in Maker's Mark bottle wax and Reds jerseys with your name stitched on the back.

vaticanplum
10-28-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm interested in going, but only if there are interesting panels/talks etc; I'm not really interested in meeting the players or buying merchandise. Does anybody have any idea what kind of panels there will be, more specifics on what there's been in the past?

It is a heck of a lot cheaper than I expected, which is nice.

10-28-2006, 05:55 PM
There always were panels with players and coaches and broadcasters, with questions from the fans. I always liked that part- I don't care about the pics and the autographs. Myfamily and I will go both days and stay somewhere downtown Fri night.

Donder
10-28-2006, 05:59 PM
I'm interested in going, but only if there are interesting panels/talks etc; I'm not really interested in meeting the players or buying merchandise. Does anybody have any idea what kind of panels there will be, more specifics on what there's been in the past?

It is a heck of a lot cheaper than I expected, which is nice.

I haven't heard what sessions there will be this year, but in the past they've had Q&A with the broadcasters, kids press conference where kids are allowed to ask players questions, Reds Jeopardy where audience memebers team up with a current or former player, and Q&A time with the GM. Those are off the top of my head. I also remember that the year before the opened GABP they had a session about it. The sessions are probably my favorite part. That and huge discounts on merchandise.

KittyDuran
10-28-2006, 11:21 PM

It is a heck of a lot cheaper than I expected, which is nice.IIRC the price was $8 the last time and free tickets if you were a season ticket holder.

TeamBoone
10-29-2006, 12:31 AM
Scheduled to Appear, Part II:

Players: Matt Belisle, Juan Castro, Ryan Franklin, Ryan Freel, Brendan Harris, Kyle Lohse, Kent Mercker, Eric Milton, Brandon Phillips, Jason Standridge, Javier Valentin, David Weathers, Paul Wilson.

BDSSP Live Taping:

Rob Dibble, a key component of the Reds' 1990 World Championship team, will be on hand to tape a live segment for Fox Sports Net's Best Sports Show Period. Fans in attendance at Redsfest on Friday night will have the chance to be part of a live studio audience during the taping.

Concert Info:

As previously reported, gates open on Friday, December 1 at 4pm and the event will last until 11pm. The Friday night concert will serve as a re-release party of the Buddy Rogers "Clutch Hits" CD, with acts such as Freekbass, Screaming Mimes, psychodots, and Noah Hunt & the All Stars performing live. The concert headliner will be Reds All-Star Pitcher, Bronson Arroyo!

Field of Dreams:

What would a baseball event in December be without an indoor baseball field?! We asked ourselves that question, which is why we will be constructing a miniature baseball field inside Redsfest which will be activated by the Reds Community Fund to include games for ballplayers of all ages.

Unassisted
10-29-2006, 08:34 PM
News Release (http://www.sportsfeatures.com/index.php?section=pp&action=show&id=33511)

KAHN'S REDSFEST 2006 TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY

Scheduled For December 1-2 At Duke Energy Center

CINCINNATI - Tickets for Kahn's Redsfest 2006, presented by Great American Insurance Group, benefiting the Reds Community Fund, will go on sale Monday via the internet at reds.com, by phone locally at (513) 381-REDS or toll free at (877) 647-REDS and at all area Meijer stores.

After a 2-year absence the popular fan festival will be held at the renovated Duke Energy Center in downtown Cincinnati from 4:00 to 11:00 p.m. on Friday, December 1 and from noon to 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 2. Season ticket holders will have early access Saturday beginning at 10:00 a.m.. One-day tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for fans 12 and under, while two-day tickets are $15 for adults and $7 for kids.

The event, which includes fan interaction, autographs and photos with current and former players, was not held in 2004 or 2005 because of construction on the convention center.

"We are very proud and excited to announce the return of our annual fan festival,R21; said Reds chief executive officer Bob Castellini. R20;This yearR17;s event will kick off annual festivities that are more unique and spectacular than anything weR17;ve offered in the past. Our sponsors have really stepped up so that we can make this the premiere preseason event for Reds fans."

As part of the first day's festivities, at 5:00 p.m. on the main stage the Reds will unveil their new uniforms as part of a fashion show presented by Macy's. The first 10,000 fans attending Redsfest each day will receive a commemorative beverage koozie depicting the teamR17;s new uniform style.

Also on Friday, former Reds pitcher Rob Dibble of Fox Sports Net will use Redsfest as the backdrop for a taped segment of FSN’s Best Damn Sports Show Period, and Reds star pitcher Bronson Arroyo will highlight a concert that is scheduled to feature several local acts beginning at 7:30. Reds radio rightsholder 700 WLW will broadcast SportsTalk live from the floor from 6:00 to 9:00.

On Redsfest Saturday, the Reds Community Fund Celebrity Poker Tournament will be held in the grand ballroom beginning at 7:00 p.m.. Celebrities will include current and former Reds players, coaches, front office executives and local personalities. Participants must be 21 years old, and the tax-deductible entry fee is $200 person. To sign up for the tournament, visit reds.com or call (513) 765-7019. Tickets at $30 are available to fans 21 and older who just want to watch the action.

Other activities scheduled for the main stage on Saturday include a kids’ only press conference involving Reds players, a Reds Idol National Anthem contest, Hooters wing eating contest, Reds Hot Stove Report with general manager Wayne Krivsky and manager Jerry Narron and a NewlyReds Game featuring players and their significant others.

Fans will be able to enjoy several exhibits from the Reds Hall of Fame, a Reds memorabilia gallery sponsored by Hooters, BuddyR17;s Carpet Field of Dreams, Belterra Sports Bar and an interactive area that will feature the Meijer Fun Zone, Careerbuilder.com batting cage, Snappy Tomato Pizza speed pitch, steal home challenge and Gorilla Glue little league slugger home run challenge.

At www.reds.com/redsfest, fans can keep updated on ticket information, confirmed activities, events and current/former players attending KahnR17;s Redsfest 2006, presented by Great American Insurance Group, benefiting the Reds Community Fund. That special site also can be accessed via www.reds.com and will be updated every Monday until the event begins.

Now on www.reds.com/redsfest, fans can register to win four VIP Redsfest Experience packages. The sweepstakes winners will receive four tickets to Kahn’s Redsfest 2006, an autographed Redsfest program, a personalized Reds jersey, a personalized Louisville Slugger authentic bat and a VIP meet-and-greet session with Reds players and coaches. Postcards entries for the sweepstakes also will be accepted. They can be mailed to Great American Ball Park, c/o Redsfest VIP Experience, 100 Main St., Cincinnati, OH 45202.

KahnR17;s Redsfest Preliminary Event Listing

All events subject to change

Chevrolet Main Stage

Friday 4:30-5:00, Reds Community Fund press conference

December 1 5:00-6:00, Reds Fashion Show presented by Macy’s, featuring the unveiling of the Reds’ new uniforms

6:15-7:00, Best Damn Sports Show Period taping with Rob Dibble

7:30-11:00, Buddy Rogers Music Cincinnati Clutch Hits CD release concert featuring Bronson Arroyo,

Freekbass, Screaming Mimes, psychodots and Noah Hunt and The All Stars

Saturday

December 2 10:00-11:00 a.m., Season ticket holders taping I Live For This spots

11:00-noon, Kids only press conference w/Reds players

Noon-12:20, Card Wars presented by Planet Collectibles

12:30-1:30, Reds Idol National Anthem contest

1:45-2:30, Hooters wing eating contest

2:30-3:30, Reds Hot Stove Report with Wayne Krivsky, Jerry Narron and others

3:30-3:50, Card Wars presented by Planet Collectibles

4:00-5:00, Kids only press conference w/Reds players

5:00-6:00, NewlyReds Game featuring players and their significant others

6:00-6:30, Bronson Arroyo acoustic concert

6:30-8:00, Bronson Arroyo signs his Covering the Bases CD

7:00-midnight, Reds Community Fund celebrity poker tournament

Buddy's Carpet "Field of Dreams" little league diamond

Field activities will include a celebrity home run derby, an adult wiffle ball tournament, youth clinics given by Champions Baseball Academy and wiffle ball batting practice for kids of all ages.

Belterra Sports Bar furnished by Watson’s

Featuring pool tables, foosball tables & two 70" plasma televisions broadcasting live sporting events

Interactive Areas

Meijer Fun Zone featuring video games, baseball inflatable bouncer/slide, Cracker Jack stack, wild pitch interactive, double play interactive, Careerbuilder.com batting cage, Snappy Tomato Pizza speed pitch, steal home challenge and Gorilla Glue little league slugger home run challenge.

Majestic Merchandise Area

Featuring the latest Reds gear, including new uniform jersey tops.

Reds Ticketing Area

Featuring information about premium, season and group tickets & Reds gift cards.

Reds Hall of Fame Exhibit featuring National Baseball Hall of Fame

Negro Leagues display, Latino Beisbol presented by Chiquita display, Women in Baseball presented by Kroger display, minor league baseball team map presented by Delta and a minor league hat wall presented by New Era.

Reds Memorabilia Gallery sponsored by Hooters

Reds Community Area

Featuring silent auctions and the opportunity to purchase grab bags and baseball memorabilia such as jerseys, hats and bats. Proceeds to benefit the Reds Community Fund.

Photo Opportunities

Reds.com Dream Room with “register to win,” Great American Insurance Group team photo featuring 2006 Reds team, Superior Dental Care clubhouse scene featuring GABP replica lockers, Wyler Automotive Family “At the Wall Catch.”

Interactive Vehicles

Chevrolet rock n’ roll display, Pepsi MLB tour vehicle, Budweiser “B” Lounge, Time Warner kids truck.

Autograph Booths

Great American Insurance Group, Duke Energy, Planet Collectibles, Kroger/Kid Cuisine, Fujitec.

Photograph Booths

National City, Cincinnati Bell Yellow Pages, Skyline.

KittyDuran
10-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Belterra Sports BarHmmm... wonder what kind of beer selection they'll have? [I owe Chip one].

Chip R
10-29-2006, 09:46 PM
Darn right you do. ;)

Doesn't appear to be as many interactive shows between the Reds and the fans as in years past. Just the Hot Stove thing the NewlyReds game and kids press conference but that's about it. Although I'm sure some enterprising RedsZone members could bribe a kid to ask a particularly tough question. ;)

Falls City Beer
10-29-2006, 09:55 PM
There should be a Redszone booth at Redsfest. With cheerleaders.

KittyDuran
10-29-2006, 09:56 PM
Darn right you do. ;)

Doesn't appear to be as many interactive shows between the Reds and the fans as in years past. Just the Hot Stove thing the NewlyReds game and kids press conference but that's about it. Although I'm sure some enterprising RedsZone members could bribe a kid to ask a particularly tough question. ;)Better yet - get a RedZoner's kid to do the bidding...:thumbup:

Chip R
10-29-2006, 10:47 PM
Better yet - get a RedZoner's kid to do the bidding...:thumbup:

That's right. Seems a certain RedsZoner bet his first born on something or other a few years ago. I wonder who could that be? ;)

paintmered
10-29-2006, 11:00 PM
That's right. Seems a certain RedsZoner bet his first born on something or other a few years ago. I wonder who could that be? ;)

Jimmy Haynes happens. :p:

bounty37h
10-30-2006, 12:31 PM
this sounds like a ton of fun, an experience I hope I can enjoy someday. I live in NC, so a long drive for that, but would try it this year-but it also falls on my wedding day.....Maybe next year, as I would love to meet some of the palyers, get some autos, Reds swag.

Redsland
10-30-2006, 05:51 PM
There should be a Redszone booth at Redsfest. With cheerleaders.
In fact, forget the booth!

:)

Caseyfan21
10-30-2006, 06:26 PM
this sounds like a ton of fun, an experience I hope I can enjoy someday. I live in NC, so a long drive for that, but would try it this year-but it also falls on my wedding day.....Maybe next year, as I would love to meet some of the palyers, get some autos, Reds swag.

That's not a bad excuse at all. Congrats on the wedding.

:beerme:

dougflynn23
10-30-2006, 08:52 PM
OK..I'll be the first to ask the question....where are Ken Griffey Jr, Adam Dunn, Edwin Encarnacion, Aaron Harang, Homer Bailey, Jay Bruce, and Joey Votto? This is supposed to be for the younger fans, and outside of Freel, Arroyo and Phillips there isn't a marketable player participating. I believe that Reds fans have the right to ask why the most popular players with the younger fans have chosen not to participate, and I would have loved a forum with Bailey, Votto & Bruce. The lineup of players is VERY disappointing. I'll be there because my boys will still love it, but when you've had a whole year to launch this and can't get your big guns to attend, I guess you hide it by having Bronson play some songs. I really want someone to pursue why the participation list of players is so anemic.

otto
10-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Don't worry about the player line-up. There's always good attendance at these things, and a lot of players don't RSVP until the last minute.

Cheers!

paulrichjr
10-31-2006, 12:47 AM
OK..I'll be the first to ask the question....where are Ken Griffey Jr, Adam Dunn, Edwin Encarnacion, Aaron Harang, Homer Bailey, Jay Bruce, and Joey Votto? This is supposed to be for the younger fans, and outside of Freel, Arroyo and Phillips there isn't a marketable player participating. I believe that Reds fans have the right to ask why the most popular players with the younger fans have chosen not to participate, and I would have loved a forum with Bailey, Votto & Bruce. The lineup of players is VERY disappointing. I'll be there because my boys will still love it, but when you've had a whole year to launch this and can't get your big guns to attend, I guess you hide it by having Bronson play some songs. I really want someone to pursue why the participation list of players is so anemic.

At the last one Griffey wasn't supposed to be coming but showed up. I got to stand with him for 20-30 minutes or so and talk. It was great. There will be a lot of others attending.

KittyDuran
10-31-2006, 09:09 AM
At the last one Griffey wasn't supposed to be coming but showed up. I got to stand with him for 20-30 minutes or so and talk. It was great. There will be a lot of others attending.True, it's nearly a month away... and who knows some might get traded before that...:evil:

Hal McCoy
10-31-2006, 02:59 PM
OK..I'll be the first to ask the question....where are Ken Griffey Jr, Adam Dunn, Edwin Encarnacion, Aaron Harang, Homer Bailey, Jay Bruce, and Joey Votto?

Jr., Dunn and Encarnacion shouldn't be coming to RedsFest anyway. Jr. should be home rehabbing. Dunn and Encarnacion should be working on their defense. Sure, some fans would be disappointed they didn't show but if these players can work on their deficiencies and play better, won't the fans be happier?

I have it on good authority that Narron doesn't want Bailey, Bruce and Votto to come to RedsFest cause he thinks they are too young to be signing autographs and getting pictures taken. ;)

bounty37h
10-31-2006, 04:19 PM
That's not a bad excuse at all. Congrats on the wedding.

:beerme:

Thanks Casey, I feel pretty lucky! She is also becoming a Reds fan, one turned to the good guys side!

redsfan1966
10-31-2006, 08:41 PM
Redsfest is always a blast....Me and my wife are coming down from C-Bus for both days...I cant wait...Redsfest always make me remember thats its only about two months till the winter caravan and only about three months till spring training....

TeamBoone
11-01-2006, 02:28 AM
OK..I'll be the first to ask the question....where are Ken Griffey Jr, Adam Dunn, Edwin Encarnacion, Aaron Harang, Homer Bailey, Jay Bruce, and Joey Votto?

The list of players will be expanded as everything for each player is finalized (travel, offseason committments, etc)... it's always like this. Several players have already been added to the original list.

For what it's worth, Adam Dunn has not missed one yet and Jr's presence isn't usually advertised.

JEA
11-01-2006, 04:13 PM
I really want someone to pursue why the participation list of players is so anemic.

Because they don't have to attend. It's that simple.

To me, it says a lot about the guys who have already committed to attend. If I remember correctly from the Redsfest page, David Ross and Arroyo were the first. Kudos to them. :beerme:

dougflynn23
11-01-2006, 09:56 PM
For what it's worth, Adam Dunn has not missed one yet and Jr's presence isn't usually advertised. But that was when Adam Dunn was still beloved by the fans and not seen as a fat, lazy, unmotivated, and overpaid .225 hitter with a sub-.500 SLG %. I think that if Dunn volunteered to participate in a fans Q&A he might walk off the stage crying.

paulrichjr
11-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Ok a little over a week to go for RedsFest 2006 and the list of former greats looks a lot better than the current players. I must admit that when I found out Mario Soto and Eric Davis was going to be there I got a little pumped. My son said, "Who is Mario Soto?" Looking at the list it is really sad how bad this team really is.

Reds Players & Coaching Staff
Bronson Arroyo
Mark Berry
Juan Castro
Todd Coffey
Bubba Crosby
Brandon Claussen
Chris Denorfia
Ryan Freel
Brendan Harris (Friday Only)
Tom Hume
Brook Jacoby
Gary Majewski
Kent Mercker
Jerry Narron
Brandon Phillips
Dick Pole
David Ross
Brian Shackelford
Mike Stefanski
Javier Valentin

Do I get juiced by Tom Hume or Brandon Phillips? How about Chris Denorfia or Brook Jacoby? The last time I went Larkin, Wily Mo, Austin Kearns, Dunn, Griffey were all there and it was exciting to see them....This is not good.

Reds Alumni
Todd Benzinger
Tom Browning (Saturday only)
Leo Cardenas
David Concepcion
Eric Davis
Rob Dibble
George Foster
Tommy Helms
Lee May
Joe Nuxhall
Jim O'Toole
Ted Power
Mario Soto

The "Power of Tradition" sounds good again because it appears that it is all that we have...

indyred
11-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Are the Reds selling there game used stuff here, like jerseys, cracked bats, helmets ect.???...I still haven't seen any mention of it on the website

Shaknb8k
11-27-2006, 01:01 PM
I havent seen this list of minor leaguers who will be there added to anywhere....i got it off reds.com

Reds Minor Leaguers
Jay Bruce
Chris Dickerson
Phil Dumatrait
Paul Janish
Tyler Pelland
Chris Valaika
Brandon Watson

I have another question about autographs. If i want to get autographs what should i bring? Anything? Or will the players just sign 8X10's that they have there?

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
11-27-2006, 01:09 PM
But that was when Adam Dunn was still beloved by the fans and not seen as a fat, lazy, unmotivated, and overpaid .225 hitter with a sub-.500 SLG %. I think that if Dunn volunteered to participate in a fans Q&A he might walk off the stage crying.

Then we have no complaint if he decided not to attend then right?

scounts22
11-27-2006, 01:24 PM
I havent seen this list of minor leaguers who will be there added to anywhere....i got it off reds.com

Reds Minor Leaguers
Jay Bruce
Chris Dickerson
Phil Dumatrait
Paul Janish
Tyler Pelland
Chris Valaika
Brandon Watson

I have another question about autographs. If i want to get autographs what should i bring? Anything? Or will the players just sign 8X10's that they have there?

The players will sign anything you bring!

BTW, does anyone think Dunn will make an appearance?

Donder
11-27-2006, 02:25 PM

Reds Minor Leaguers
Jay Bruce
Chris Dickerson
Phil Dumatrait
Paul Janish
Tyler Pelland
Chris Valaika
Brandon Watson

At Redsfest a few years ago I decided to get Ryan Wagner's autograph on something as a Christmas present for my brother. Since I couldn't find any 8x10 pictures of Wagner, I narrow my options to either a plastic license plate or a small Reds flag. Stupidly I chose the flag, not considering how hard it is to sign fabric. I felt awful as I watched him struggling to sign that darn thing. I felt even more awful as he apologized that the signature didn't turn out too well. So the moral of the story, think before you choose an item for a player to sign. ;)

KittyDuran
11-27-2006, 02:48 PM
The players will sign anything you bring!

BTW, does anyone think Dunn will make an appearance?Personally, I could care less - I'm pretty much going for the other stuff. BTW, the last RedsFest Dunn was only doing autographs - no photos - so I was not a happy camper. Hopefully, this year with my new zoom camera I'll be able to get nice photos w/o standing in line. :thumbup:

scounts22
11-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Personally, I could care less - I'm pretty much going for the other stuff. BTW, the last RedsFest Dunn was only doing autographs - no photos - so I was not a happy camper. Hopefully, this year with my new zoom camera I'll be able to get nice photos w/o standing in line. :thumbup:

I like Dunn, but more than anything, I was wondering if he wasn't on the schedule because he might be traded or if he just didn't want to do it.

I can't wait until Friday! I'll be in attendance both days, and I'll be one of the dorks in line to get my pictures taken with as many players as possible! :D

bounty37h
11-27-2006, 03:52 PM
I hope all of you that can attend it enjoy it, sounds like a great time!!!

Chip R
11-27-2006, 05:27 PM
I like Dunn, but more than anything, I was wondering if he wasn't on the schedule because he might be traded or if he just didn't want to do it.

They said a couple of weeks ago that he probably won't be there as he is about to become a father on or around that time.

scounts22
11-27-2006, 06:48 PM
They said a couple of weeks ago that he probably won't be there as he is about to become a father on or around that time.

Whaaaaat?!?! :shocked: I missed that somewhere...

KittyDuran
11-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Whaaaaat?!?! :shocked: I missed that somewhere...It was mentioned in this Hot Stove Report by Zach, Marketing Operations Coordinator for the Reds...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52551&highlight=hot+stove

KittyDuran
11-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Whaaaaat?!?! :shocked: I missed that somewhere...Not to get off topic... I wonder if Dunn is already married or planning to marry the mother of his child?

scounts22
11-28-2006, 09:28 AM
It was mentioned in this Hot Stove Report by Zach, Marketing Operations Coordinator for the Reds...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52551&highlight=hot+stove

Thanks for the info!

Not to get off topic... I wonder if Dunn is already married or planning to marry the mother of his child?]

Good question! How are we gonna get the answer to that??? :dunno: :evil:

Heath
11-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Good question! How are we gonna get the answer to that??? :dunno: :evil:

Creek's been quiet lately. Either she's depressed or having problems finding the white dress to wear :D

I could see Adam strolling up to the poker table on Saturday night unannounced. JMO.

otto
11-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Hey folks - my band Screaming Mimes is holding a contest for 4 tickets to Friday's Redsfest... details below:

Redsfest is THIS FRIDAY & SATURDAY December 1st & 2nd. We play the really big show Friday at 8:00 PM. And now you can win 4 tickets to Friday's Redsfest - which means free access to the concert!

Announcing the Screaming Mimes Redsfest Ticket Giveaway Contest Extravaganza! (cue trumpet sting)

To enter, email us at dave@screamingmimes.com with a really clever limerick, drawing, picture, song, animation - anything that can be emailed - with some reference, either obvious or discreet, to Screaming Mimes by Wednesday the 29th at Midnight. Judging will take place Thursday and you will be contacted immediately to get your 4 tickets for Friday's Redsfest. Please include your phone number and email addresses with the entry. The winning entry will be posted on screamingmimes.com and myspace.com/screamingmimes , along with some of the runners-up that really amuse us.

To find out exactly what's happening with Redsfest, check out www.reds.com/redsfest - all the players, interactives, games, music, etc...

If you haven't checked out www.screamingmimes.com yet, GO THERE NOW and download our FREE GIFT to you - and mp3 of our spunky song "Christmastime". We only ask that you share it with everyone you can and help spread the love... just use proper protection when you spread love.

See you Friday!!!!

Dave, Randy, Preston & Jim
Screaming Mimes
www.screamingmimes.com

Chip R
11-28-2006, 01:03 PM
If you haven't checked out www.screamingmimes.com (http://www.screamingmimes.com) yet, GO THERE NOW and download our FREE GIFT to you - and mp3 of our spunky song "Christmastime". We only ask that you share it with everyone you can and help spread the love... just use proper protection when you spread love.

Spunky? What, you couldn't make it scrappy? ;)

Shaknb8k
11-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Ive never been to a RedsFest so im not real sure what to expect. Im not sure if any of us really know how the new RedsFest is going to be. But for those of yall who have been to some of the RedsFest in the past I got a few quick questions.

Should I expect real long lines at the Photo and autograph booths?
Will it be jammed packed in there?
How is parking around the Duke Energy Center?

KittyDuran
11-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Autographs for the popular players - yes. Photos the same - tho' the lines move quicker...

The last Redsfest it was jammed around the lines only - IIRC, to get autographs you had to get into one line to get a voucher and then go to the actual autograph line.

How is parking around the Duke Energy Center? There is a dedicated parking garage for the Center but that will probably be packed - I've always parked at Tower Place.

KittyDuran
11-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Ive never been to a RedsFest so im not real sure what to expect. Im not sure if any of us really know how the new RedsFest is going to be. But for those of yall who have been to some of the RedsFest in the past I got a few quick questions.

How is parking around the Duke Energy Center?A word of advice... IF you are attending RedsFest for just an autograph or to see a certain player - you might be disappointed. I usually go only for the photos, discounted team merchandise, and the memorabilia.

dabvu2498
11-28-2006, 04:21 PM
FWIW -- Yesterday on his XM show, Dibble said he'll be there.

Redsland
11-28-2006, 04:44 PM
He'll be manning that new interactive booth that lets you throw a baseball at a school teacher.

;)

KittyDuran
11-28-2006, 04:45 PM
From the first page...:)

Scheduled to Appear, Part II:

Players: Matt Belisle, Juan Castro, Ryan Franklin, Ryan Freel, Brendan Harris, Kyle Lohse, Kent Mercker, Eric Milton, Brandon Phillips, Jason Standridge, Javier Valentin, David Weathers, Paul Wilson.

BDSSP Live Taping:

Rob Dibble, a key component of the Reds' 1990 World Championship team, will be on hand to tape a live segment for Fox Sports Net's Best Sports Show Period. Fans in attendance at Redsfest on Friday night will have the chance to be part of a live studio audience during the taping.
Concert Info:

As previously reported, gates open on Friday, December 1 at 4pm and the event will last until 11pm. The Friday night concert will serve as a re-release party of the Buddy Rogers "Clutch Hits" CD, with acts such as Freekbass, Screaming Mimes, psychodots, and Noah Hunt & the All Stars performing live. The concert headliner will be Reds All-Star Pitcher, Bronson Arroyo!

Field of Dreams:

What would a baseball event in December be without an indoor baseball field?! We asked ourselves that question, which is why we will be constructing a miniature baseball field inside Redsfest which will be activated by the Reds Community Fund to include games for ballplayers of all ages.

Chip R
11-28-2006, 04:47 PM
You going both days, Kitty?

KittyDuran
11-28-2006, 05:33 PM
You going both days, Kitty?Yup! Just haven't got my ticket yet...:eek:

scounts22
11-28-2006, 11:55 PM
He'll be manning that new interactive booth that lets you throw a baseball at a school teacher.

;)

Hey! As a current 7th grade language arts teacher, I resent that! ;)

indyred
12-01-2006, 11:43 PM
So were they selling game used stuff there? If so what kind of prices were they selling them for. Did they have jerseys, helmets, bats? Is there quite a bit of it......Just wondering, I may go tomorrow if there is a selection of gamers there.....

Redsland
12-02-2006, 02:14 AM
Lots of game-used stuff. not cheap, though. Signed game-used jerseys were about $350. Game-used bats were about $150. There were also helmets, gloves, and un-signed game-used items.

indyred
12-03-2006, 12:34 AM
I would have liked to have seen Friday's selection. This afternoon when I was there it was getting maked down 25% on most game used stuff. I wonder if it dropped anymore today. Was able to get a nice Sunday alternate gamer from the $75 selection and a helmet. The low end guys were priced to move. I do like how the Reds have there own special property of tagging on the game used jerseys...The cracked bats were really overpriced. The bats of guys who spent 2 minutes in the show should not be $50, more like $10 and they may move. Was there any Griffey or Dunn stuff Friday? Nothing really there today but an overpriced, not even game used signed Dunn jersey for over $300. I believe Griffey keeps most of his stuff. I know in Seattle he had some buddies selling most of his game used stuff, to the point he flooded the market for his gamers......Anybody know where unsold stuff goes? back in storage for next year or do they start selling it again in the teams store at GABP....

paulrichjr
12-03-2006, 05:33 PM
I would have liked to have seen Friday's selection. This afternoon when I was there it was getting maked down 25% on most game used stuff. I wonder if it dropped anymore today. Was able to get a nice Sunday alternate gamer from the $75 selection and a helmet. The low end guys were priced to move. I do like how the Reds have there own special property of tagging on the game used jerseys...The cracked bats were really overpriced. The bats of guys who spent 2 minutes in the show should not be $50, more like $10 and they may move. Was there any Griffey or Dunn stuff Friday? Nothing really there today but an overpriced, not even game used signed Dunn jersey for over $300. I believe Griffey keeps most of his stuff. I know in Seattle he had some buddies selling most of his game used stuff, to the point he flooded the market for his gamers......Anybody know where unsold stuff goes? back in storage for next year or do they start selling it again in the teams store at GABP....

When I left it was marked down 50% off... Don't know if it went any lower.

indyred
12-03-2006, 11:03 PM
When I left it was marked down 50% off... Don't know if it went any lower.

Figures, wish I could have stayed later, I would of bought a ton more stuff for half off. Have the Reds announced what the total attendence was? It was my first time at the event. Did it seem bigger than the past one's when they held them?

Chip R
12-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Figures, wish I could have stayed later, I would of bought a ton more stuff for half off. Have the Reds announced what the total attendence was? It was my first time at the event. Did it seem bigger than the past one's when they held them?

Haven't head anything about that yet. It was definitely bigger than previous years. In the past, there were vast open areas around the sides. Not this year.

KittyDuran
12-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Haven't head anything about that yet. It was definitely bigger than previous years. In the past, there were vast open areas around the sides. Not this year.From Marc's blog...

The estimated attendance today was 11,000, bringing the total for two days of Redsfest to 18,000, a record crowd.

otto
01-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey - here's a bunch of music videos from the Redsfest concert Friday of songs from the "Cincinnati Clutch Hits (http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cin/community/rcfshop.jsp#cd)" album...

"Three Cheers Cincinnati" Screaming Mimes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fCbJzhYTws)

"Redsfan" Freekbass (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1W4zeFY2I0)

"Under The Lights" Noah Hunt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aR4s6y2aDQ)

"Cul-de-sac League" Ryan Adcock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_be-XiFkyAU)

"Daddy's Glove" Kinsey Rose (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL-F_Sl_ZVs)

"Hall Of Fame" Greg Mahan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aR4s6y2aDQ)

Ltlabner
01-11-2007, 06:38 PM

While not quite as good as the video I still can't get enough of Reds Fan. What a catchy little song.

And Mrs. Ltlabner better be carefull, I think the tall red-head that was dancing with Freakbass himself during the gituar solo was checking me out.

scounts22
01-11-2007, 10:55 PM
On a side note, I loved the concert, I thought it was a lot of fun. All of the acts were great! Oh, and, you can totally see me if you click on the link below, and do the following:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061202&content_id=1749716&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

1. Click where it says "Clutch Hits Concert"
2. Once it loads, choose "Bronson Arroyo's Accoustic Concert"
3. Once THAT loads, fast forward the concert to about 14:55 and let it play. You'll see me at approximately 15:04 in the black sweater and black headband clapping and chomping my gum. And then I look directly at the camera because it caught the corner of my eye. Also because I'm a total dork.

Jpup
01-12-2007, 07:48 AM
3 Cheers Cincinnati still gives me goosebumps every time that I listen to it. :D

otto
01-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Hey - here's a bunch of music videos from the Redsfest concert Friday of songs from the "Cincinnati Clutch Hits (http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cin/community/rcfshop.jsp#cd)" album...

"Three Cheers Cincinnati" Screaming Mimes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fCbJzhYTws)

"Under The Lights" Noah Hunt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aR4s6y2aDQ)

"Cul-de-sac League" Ryan Adcock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_be-XiFkyAU)

"Daddy's Glove" Kinsey Rose (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL-F_Sl_ZVs)

"Hall Of Fame" Greg Mahan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aR4s6y2aDQ)

Here's a few more...

"Mattress" psychodots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-okpf4Eigfw) (incredible guitar solo!) :cool:

"Wonderwall" Bronson Arroyo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLCFnzg0QGI)

"Last Dance With Mary Jane" Bronson Arroyo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O0cVekE-nE)