08-31-2006, 07:15 PM
LHP Brian Shackelford
RHP Gary Majewski
RHP Jason Standridge
2B Brendan Harris
OF Brandon Watson
OF Norris Hopper

3 Pitchers-3 Position Players

This should help our tired and very old team!

RedsFanatic
08-31-2006, 07:17 PM
No Denorfia?? Any possibility he gets dealt? I wouldn't shed a tear if he was traded for Wells. I would love to see Votto to give use a good lefty bat with pretty good speed.

HumnHilghtFreel
08-31-2006, 07:19 PM
No Denorfia?? Any possibility he gets dealt? I wouldn't shed a tear if he was traded for Wells. I would love to see Votto to give use a good lefty bat with pretty good speed.

Isn't Deno on the team right now? And Wells was just traded to the Pads, so that's out the window as well, lol.

jamess697
Denorfia is already there, besides Wells is going to the Padres, for minor leaguers.

Patrick Bateman

He was already brought up for Michalek. He's not going to be traded right now.

RedsFanatic
08-31-2006, 07:21 PM
:laugh: :help: Whoops. Now that I'm done making myself look like an idiot. I would like to see Javon Moran called up, assuming he is on the 40.

VI_RedsFan
08-31-2006, 07:26 PM
Didn't the deadline to make waiver trades pass today?

Patrick Bateman
08-31-2006, 07:26 PM
:laugh: :help: Whoops. Now that I'm done making myself look like an idiot. I would like to see Javon Moran called up, assuming he is on the 40.

I think that would be redundant since we are already calling Hopper up.

RedsFanatic
08-31-2006, 07:29 PM
Instead of Norris Hopper. Jerry seems to have his set pinch hitters (Valentin or Rich/Hatt) so why bring up Hopper. Moran is faster and by all accounts a better fielder.

HumnHilghtFreel
08-31-2006, 07:29 PM
Didn't the deadline to make waiver trades pass today?
September 1st, so tomorrow.

Tom Servo
08-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Shack and Standridge are definatly helpful, Standridge seemed to be getting his stuff together before being put on the DL, and Shack's a good LOOGY. Majewski could wind up being important if he can return to his pre-Cincy form, but I sure wouldn't bank on it.

And atleast now we have some guys with speed to pinch run late in the game.

Highlifeman21
08-31-2006, 07:47 PM
LHP Brian Shackelford
RHP Gary Majewski
RHP Jason Standridge
2B Brendan Harris
OF Brandon Watson
OF Norris Hopper

3 Pitchers-3 Position Players

This should help our tired and very old team!

Yawn.

Shackelford isn't better than what we had on the regular 25 man, or else he would have already been on it and not doing the Louisville roundtrip on a regular basis.
Majewski should have been shut down for the year, IMO.
Standridge, I'll take a pass on him. Same reason for Standridge as listed for Shackelford.
Harris won't see much playing time, so I don't think this will be a good judge of what he can offer us.
Watson and Hopper aren't better than Denorfia, so who are these guys, glorified pinch runners?

NDIrish9
09-01-2006, 06:28 AM
Instead of Norris Hopper. Jerry seems to have his set pinch hitters (Valentin or Rich/Hatt) so why bring up Hopper. Moran is faster and by all accounts a better fielder.

Moran not on 40 man roster

joshnky
09-01-2006, 08:18 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Votto get the call after Chattanooga finishes their playoff run. Its hard to justify ruining the Lookouts playoff run to call up a guy who won't be used much.

klw
09-01-2006, 08:46 AM
September 1st, so tomorrow.

Actually you can continue to make trades after today. The difference is that the players can't be on the playoff rosters. I believe it was last year the Red Sox traded for Mike Stanton to boost its bullpen for the final weekend of the season.

toledodan
09-01-2006, 08:54 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Votto get the call after Chattanooga finishes their playoff run. Its hard to justify ruining the Lookouts playoff run to call up a guy who won't be used much.

i agree with that. i would really like to see votto get some AB before the season is over.

cumberlandreds
09-01-2006, 09:44 AM
No Mihalak? Not that I'm disappointed but I thought the move to Sarasota was just a temporary move for playoff roster spots.
I hope Votto gets the call after Chattanooga's season is complete. I think he deserves a callup. He was just named MVP of Chattanooga's league.

Danny Serafini
09-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Michalak can't come back up until after Sarasota finishes its season on Sunday, so Monday is the earliest he'll be back.

goreds2
09-01-2006, 10:10 AM
"Krivsky also said the Reds wouldn't use the one big bullet they have in the farm system - Homer Bailey - for at least two weeks.

"He's going to start Saturday against West Tennessee and again on (Sept. 7) in the playoffs," Krivsky said.

Starting Bailey at home Tuesday against the San Francisco Giants was considered.

"We discussed a lot of things," Krivsky said. "But this is the plan for Bailey."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060901/SPT04/609010443

cumberlandreds
09-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Michalak can't come back up until after Sarasota finishes its season on Sunday, so Monday is the earliest he'll be back.

Thanks, I didn't know he had to stay until the season was finished.

Crash Davis
09-01-2006, 10:23 AM

Moran doesn't do anything that Brandon Watson doesn't already do, and Watson has the advantage of being on the 40 man roster.

TeamBoone
09-01-2006, 01:59 PM
So, only three guys were really brought up.