PDA

View Full Version : celebrities-dead or alive?

BUTLER REDSFAN
08-31-2006, 10:46 PM
glenn ford passed away today...i thought he had died years ago....how about colonel potter from mash--i never heard that he passed away so he's gotta be pushing 95

HumnHilghtFreel
08-31-2006, 10:50 PM
I mentioned to my mom a few months ago, "you should have seen Abe Vigoda on Conan(O'Brien) the other night..." to which she responded: "That's not nice, he's dead!"

redsrule2500
08-31-2006, 11:21 PM
Fidel Castro

minus5
08-31-2006, 11:31 PM
glenn ford passed away today...i thought he had died years ago....how about colonel potter from mash--i never heard that he passed away so he's gotta be pushing 95

Last I heard about Harry Morgan was when he was arrested for spousal abuse. I think his wife dropped the charges though. That was a year or two ago I guess

IowaRed
08-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Harry Morgan is still alive. He played a minor role in one of my all-time favorites-High Noon.

i_heart_jason
09-01-2006, 01:15 AM
he's like 712 years old, right?

RedsBaron
09-01-2006, 07:52 AM
Born on 4/10/15, Harry Morgan is 91 years old.

MrCinatit
09-01-2006, 08:11 AM
How about Old Rose, better known as Gloria Stuart? Titanic was almost 10 years ago - and she was no young 'un then.
Olivia de Haviland is still hanging in there - when they had a parade of Oscar winners a couple of years ago, I was surprised to see here there.
Former child star and Superman star Jackie Cooper is still around.
I hate to say this (because he is one of my favorite actors and directors), but I keep finding myself surprised when discovering Sir Richard Attenborough is still alive. In fact, he is coming out with a new movie next year.

chicoruiz
09-01-2006, 08:52 AM
The best place to check dead or alive celebs is www.imdb.com. I usually log in every day, see whose birthday it is and then surf around learning things. Today, for example, is Yvonne De Carlo's birthday; she's way up in her '80s. I found out that though she was a highly regarded serious actress (she played Moses' wife in The Ten Commandments), she took the role of Lily Munster to help pay her husband's medical bills- he was a stuntman who got badly injured while shooting How The West Was Won. Good stuff.

IowaRed
09-01-2006, 09:49 AM
I found out that though she was a highly regarded serious actress (she played Moses' wife in The Ten Commandments), she took the role of Lily Munster to help pay her husband's medical bills- he was a stuntman who got badly injured while shooting How The West Was Won. Good stuff.

Great info as always Chico. Yvonne DeCarlo was absolutely stunning back in those days

RFS62
09-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Great info as always Chico. Yvonne DeCarlo was absolutely stunning back in those days

Yep. But who's hotter, Lily Munster or Morticia Addams?

westofyou
09-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Harry Morgan is still alive. He played a minor role in one of my all-time favorites-High Noon.

David Crosby's father (Fred)was the Cinemotographer on that film

westofyou
09-01-2006, 11:10 AM

I read his biography like 25 years ago, they used to threaten to kill his dog to get him to cry when he was acting as a child.

ochre
09-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Lily Munster is Canadian? That explains a lot!

GAC
09-01-2006, 11:25 AM

She was hot in the John Wayne movie "McLintock". As well as fiery redhead Maureen O'Hara. ;)

http://www.users.qwest.net/~aknot/Mclinwaterxx.jpg

Heath
09-01-2006, 11:33 AM
www.deadoraliveinfo.com

That includes MOST famous people, not just actors/actresses.

zombie-a-go-go
09-01-2006, 02:32 PM
What, nobody's brought up Elvis or Joplin yet?

I'm disappointed in you people.

RBA
09-01-2006, 02:41 PM
We all know Andy Kuafman is posting at RedsZone under a different handle. It seems he may have several handles here, think the initials "A.K." and how frequent they are used in different usernames.

flyer85
09-01-2006, 02:53 PM
She was hot in the John Wayne movie "McLintock". As well as fiery redhead Maureen O'Hara. ;)
who got a good spanking by her husband right in the middle of town.

BTW, the spanking solved all the marital issues. I have yet to try that myself but I do reserve the right, if needed.:fineprint

Johnny Footstool
09-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Yep. But who's hotter, Lily Munster or Morticia Addams?

Morticia, and it's not even close.

I'll take a goth chick over a lady Dracula any day.

RedsBaron
09-01-2006, 09:26 PM
How about Old Rose, better known as Gloria Stuart? Titanic was almost 10 years ago - and she was no young 'un then.
Olivia de Haviland is still hanging in there - when they had a parade of Oscar winners a couple of years ago, I was surprised to see here there.
I hate to say this (because he is one of my favorite actors and directors), but I keep finding myself surprised when discovering Sir Richard Attenborough is still alive. In fact, he is coming out with a new movie next year.

Jackie Cooper turns 84 later this month. He's just a kid compared to Olivia de Haviland, who turned 90 on July 1, and Gloria Stuart, who turned 96 on July 4.
Kirk Douglas will turn age 90 in December.

REDREAD
09-02-2006, 02:30 AM

I agree, but it might be fun to get bit. I heard the undead are great in bed as well. :laugh:

MrCinatit
09-02-2006, 08:10 AM
Jackie Cooper turns 84 later this month. He's just a kid compared to Olivia de Haviland, who turned 90 on July 1, and Gloria Stuart, who turned 96 on July 4.
Kirk Douglas will turn age 90 in December.

Good call on Douglas - he has always been one of my favorites as well. Seeing him on the Oscars shortly after his stroke was a very powerful moment.

RedsBaron
09-02-2006, 09:08 AM

Lady Draculas give nasty hickeys.

RedsBaron
09-02-2006, 09:09 AM
BTW, the spanking solved all the marital issues.

It worked in our marriage. I haven't misbehaved since my last spanking.

GAC
09-02-2006, 09:18 AM
I agree, but it might be fun to get bit. I heard the undead are great in bed as well. :laugh:

There's a great Richard Pryor joke that could be inserted here; but I value my life (and marriage), so I'll just keep quiet. :lol:

Reminds me of that old Alice Cooper song "I Love The Dead"....

I love the dead
before they're cold
their bluing flesh for me to hold
cadaver eyes upon me see..... NOTHING!

Sweetstop
09-02-2006, 10:02 AM
David Crosby's father (Fred)was the Cinemotographer on that film

The deceased John Ritter's father, Tex, sang the theme song..."do not forsake me, oh my darling, on this our wedding day..."

GoGoWhiteSox
09-03-2006, 04:17 AM

She had a major role in the horror classic "The Invisible Man"...made in 1933!:eek: Jane Russell and Lauren Bacall are two more actresses from the 1940s that are still living.

RedsBaron
09-07-2006, 10:13 PM

There is an article on Olivia de Haviland in today's Wall Street Journal on page D5. Age 90, she is writing her autobiography.

zombielady
09-08-2006, 10:40 AM
I was surprised to see Charo still alive in a car insurance commercial...

BUTLER REDSFAN
09-09-2006, 12:14 AM
ya know, i started this thread when glenn ford died..now irwin died....who's the 3rd of the "they always go in 3's"...

ochre
09-09-2006, 09:56 AM
I think, much like with pyramid schemes, if that axiom were true, we'd all be dead.