PDA

View Full Version : Homer Bailey Rookie Cards

crazybob60
09-02-2006, 07:22 AM
First off, let me preface by saying that I am not sure exactly which forum this thread belongs in, so I put it here and if it needs to be elsewhere, well then can someone please let me know, so that I can fix it.

But my question is that it is have many years (prob over 10 years) since I have collected baseball cards but I thought it would be neat since my step-son is getting into the game now and since the Reds have a hot new prospect in Homer Bailey that I could possibly get his rookie cards now for him.

My problem is that I don't know where to look to find out which ones are out there of Homer Bailey. I know that there are a gazillion different kind of cards now and I tried the usual lookup on google for things such as Homer Bailey and rookie card and also tried looking on ebay to simply the search but although I have found out a few of his rookies, I would like a complete list of which cards are his rookies. Does anybody have this list or know where I can find it??? Any help is appreciated, many thanks in advance!!!

Always Red
09-02-2006, 07:30 AM
This might not help you find a card, but I don't think Homer is officially a "rookie" until he appears in at least one major league game. Maybe that's why they're hard to find right now?:dunno:

Upper Deck and Topps have made cards labelled "Future Stars" in the past; you might check that.

RANDY IN INDY
09-02-2006, 08:29 AM
I don't collect much anymore, but I would like to get a couple of Bailey's rookie cards.

RANDY IN INDY
09-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Looks like the Topps 2004 "Traded" set has Bailey's rookie card. There is a "chrome" version of the card and it is sure to be the one to have. You can get them on E-bay for next to nothing now.

redsfaninky
09-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Usually anything that is a Bowman product is the rookie card you want. I dont have Homers rookie card I actually have his second year card. I think Bowman produces a card of a player as soon as they sign a contract.

RANDY IN INDY
09-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Looks like Bowman does make an '04 Card, as well. It looks to be a "jersey" card. May be the one to have.

dougdirt
09-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Homer Baileys rookie card to have is his 2004 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks and Prospects card. Problem is its an autographed card. Before the season you could get them for 10-15 bucks. Now they are going for 35-50. However he does have other rookie cards from 2004. Shoot for anythin from 2004, the Topps and Topps Chrome are both nice cards that could be had for relatively cheap.

RedsFanatic
09-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Go check out Baseball Card Corner in Montegomery. Right near Skyline and Wendy's. I got a Homer rookie card there a few weeks ago.

crazybob60
09-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Thanks for all the help guys, I am currently looking through a Beckett that I picked up and am just going through that and will find the rest of them through there hopefully since I can't find a complete full list on the internet. When I am finished, if you all want, I can post the list I come up with here?