PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben out for Thurday's opener vs Dolphins

Matt700wlw
09-03-2006, 06:18 PM
http://kdka.com/sports/local_story_246173637.html

max venable
09-03-2006, 07:31 PM
It's called karma...just wait'll you see the other stuff that happens to him this year. :evil:

traderumor
09-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Heartbreaking :devil:

JaxRed
09-03-2006, 08:24 PM
You would think even for non-emergency appendectomy, he'd have to miss 2-3 games.

CrackerJack
09-03-2006, 11:03 PM
They recommend 3-4 weeks absent of any sort of streinuous physical activity.

I'd think he'd miss at least 2 games. He missed more than that last year.

Sean_CaseyRules
09-04-2006, 12:07 AM
I sure am glad to hear this! Especially since Hines Ward is questionable also!!! Good time to be a Dolphins fan!!!!!

Dom Heffner
09-04-2006, 11:06 AM
I don't wish Ben any ill will, but he should really take his time getting back. I'd recommend a 6 month rehab at minimum.

adampad
09-04-2006, 11:06 AM
This sucks. I really dont like the Steelers but this may end up costing me money.

max venable
09-04-2006, 11:12 AM
I don't wish Ben any ill will, but he should really take his time getting back. I'd recommend a 6 month rehab at minimum.

:D I love it...genuine concern from a Bengals fan. And Steelers fans all think that we're mean and nasty toward their team.

Your concern for Ben's welfare is refreshing, Dom. ;)

Matt700wlw
09-04-2006, 02:42 PM
So if Ben misses week 3 vs Bengals, and the Bengals win (anyway)....how many excuses will those turds throw at us?

deltachi8
09-04-2006, 10:41 PM
So if Ben misses week 3 vs Bengals, and the Bengals win (anyway)....how many excuses will those turds throw at us?
Roughly the same you threw this way in January

GridironGrace
09-04-2006, 10:42 PM
I think he misses atleast 2.. and more than likely he'll sit the Cincy game to.

Just gives em an excuse this year :(

MWM
09-04-2006, 10:45 PM
I think he misses atleast 2.. and more than likely he'll sit the Cincy game to.

Just gives em an excuse this year :(

Not having your starting QB isn't a good excuse. At least that's what we heard when Carson Palmer was knocked out agianst them in the playoffs. Their comments and comments from most Steeler fans I knew hardly even acknowledged that Palmer being absent had anything at all to do with their win. If Ben misses the Bengals game, I'll hear no excuses if they get spanked.

GridironGrace
09-04-2006, 10:50 PM
Not having your starting QB isn't a good excuse. At least that's what we heard when Carson Palmer was knocked out agianst them in the playoffs. Their comments and comments from most Steeler fans I knew hardly even acknowledged that Palmer being absent had anything at all to do with their win. If Ben misses the Bengals game, I'll hear no excuses if they get spanked.

I feel you on that.. but the Steeler fans are the only ones that wont acknowledge the fact that the outcome of that game is tottaly different if not for the injury to Carson.

And i cant wait for the FIRST steeler fan to mention to me "but roth didnt...."

Thats all they'll get out of thier mouth b4 i smack em :)

Falls City Beer
09-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Roughly the same you threw this way in January

Wait a minute, did the Bengals give Ben appendicitis?

deltachi8
09-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Ill never make an excuse. You play with who you have, if your not good enough, so be it.

SteelSD
09-05-2006, 12:28 AM

Injuries aren't a good excuse. Injuries are a reality of NFL football. Do starting QB's matter? Well, sure because- over time- they're generally better than their backups. Pittsburgh has a very adequate backup in Charlie Batch. He might just end up being as good as a completely washed up Jon Kitna. He's the Bengals backup in that playoff game who would no longer be a viable NFL starting QB; except that he's apparently a viable NFL starting QB.

The irony is that I figured the "karma" angle (one which you have thankfully not bought into) had already been exhaused due to Roethlisberger's dumb helmetless motorcycle ride in the offseason. I'd have thought that would even out the issue with Palmer's leg (ven though Ben had nothing to do with the injury). And I'd hoped that Palmer would be back from game one because I really want to see a "Bradshaw/Staubach" kind of rivalry within the AFC North. In short, no Steelers fans on this board have ever wished Palmer anything but the best.

Yet Steelers fans get called "turds" (not by you) and Bengals fans are somehow righteous because their offensive line couldn't block. Ok. Swell.

You'll hear no excuses from this guy if the Bengals beat the Steelers early this season. If Pittsburgh came into this year hanging all their hopes on one guy then I'd say that's a really bad plan. Their more pertinent issues are a receiver corps that really isn't that good outside of Hines Ward (if healty) and Heath Miller and the lack of a short-yardage runner.