PDA

View Full Version : Zambrano taking himself out of Cy Young race

RedsManRick
09-04-2006, 02:30 PM
So far today: 3 hits, 2 BB, 4 runs, 0 outs....

against the Pirates.

Zambrano has some of the filthiest stuff I've seen, but when an ump puts the squeeze on him, yikes!

jimbo
09-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Zambrano has some of the best stuff in the game, unfortunately (for him and the Cubs) he has the mental discipline of a child.

HumnHilghtFreel
09-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Even though I'm a Reds fan, he's been one of my favorite players since he came up with the Cubs. I love watching him because of his fire and intensity he plays with... but that's also what happens to be his downfall at times. Once things aren't going his way he gets worked up easily and it comes back to bite him.

Falls City Beer
09-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Even though I'm a Reds fan, he's been one of my favorite players since he came up with the Cubs. I love watching him because of his fire and intensity he plays with... but that's also what happens to be his downfall at times. Once things aren't going his way he gets worked up easily and it comes back to bite him.

I agree with you. I only wish the Reds had this level of mental discipline. Oh say, like Kyle Lohse.

91OSUAlum
09-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Guys, he left the game with a bad back. Having a MRI tomorrow. He could not bend so his pitches were not down in the strike zone.