PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread 9/5/06 (Git'r Done)

goreds2
09-05-2006, 08:31 PM
I am 1-0 in game threads. Let's get a W.......PLEASE?

Dunnomite
09-05-2006, 08:47 PM
not much action on this thread??? have we given up??

LEts go reds!! great first inning

Golden Hands
09-05-2006, 08:54 PM
well it does look like everyone has given up HarryDangler, this is really sad to think that suddenly your team goes through a bad run and you cant handle it and then give in. Baseball teams as most fans know are bound to go through their runs of wins and losses. I am not ready to give up on this team.....we will get out of this losing streak and jump right back in the WC race, and if not......... with the new managment.......we can truly say we'll make it next year

jesusfan
09-05-2006, 08:58 PM
that right there sums up the past 12 games or so...

justincredible
09-05-2006, 08:59 PM
That should have been the 4th run for the Reds but I think Hollandsworth's feet were outrunning the rest of his body. At least they've shown they can hit Morris today. I am confident in their chances today.

goreds2
09-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Hollingworth falls down rounding third. Giants int. walk Ross then Bronson bunts out. The positive note is that we have the leadoff hitter next inning. :beerme:

jesusfan
09-05-2006, 09:02 PM
And Finley walks...

Golden Hands
09-05-2006, 09:06 PM
just a note but after that fielders choice Bronson Arroyo has now pitched 200 innings this year

keeganbrick
09-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Everyone swinging at the first pitch with a 3-0 lead...cool.

goreds2
09-05-2006, 09:19 PM
keeganbrick,

I wish the Reds record you post was correct but we are 68-70. ;)

Let's make it 69-70. :pray:

keeganbrick
09-05-2006, 09:25 PM
I lost the desire to change it once we fell to .500 and I wont until we make it above that mark.

Golden Hands
09-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Marty stated during the game that Sun Woo-Kim....a pitcher we aquired today......will start tommorow vs. the Giants and Noah Lowry

tomred
09-05-2006, 09:32 PM
I think it seems everyone seems tired including redzoners

mth123
09-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Last night this game thread was pretty good, but the ending of the game took it out of us all. These go better when some one does play by play, but i wouldn't ask anyone to. I tried it once and didn't like it much. I can't type that fast or well.

BUTLER REDSFAN
09-05-2006, 09:45 PM
we've watched this seemingly for years but its worse this year...the way this team constantly cant get a runner over to the next base..much less knock them (with 0 outs) in is just mind boggling

goreds2
09-05-2006, 10:10 PM
we've watched this seemingly for years but its worse this year...the way this team constantly cant get a runner over to the next base..much less knock them (with 0 outs) in is just mind boggling

Unless Narron wants to change, we need a manager to arrive in Spring Training to do bunting, hitting to the right side and infield drills amoung other things.

For now, let's win this FREAKIN' game. :thumbup:

justincredible
09-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Arroyo was the balls tonight. Complete game 3-hit shutout. Neat.

BUTLER REDSFAN
09-05-2006, 10:13 PM
a gem from arroyo

goreds2
09-05-2006, 10:14 PM
We win 3-0!

Nice job Bronson!!! :rockband:

HumnHilghtFreel
09-05-2006, 10:22 PM
My notes from tonight's game:

-Bronson was GREAT on short rest. He rarely got deep into counts, had a lot of first pitch swinging outs and got ahead in the count often. He did a good job keeping his breaking ball down and away to the right handers.

-I REALLY don't understand why Arroyo bunted with the bases loaded and 2 out. Was he acting on his own or did the call come from the dugout?

-Todd Hollandsworth was a pleasant surprise getting a few hits even though he fell rounding third on BP's double(which didn't end up mattering)

Big Klu
09-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Way to go, Bronson!

MaineRed
09-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Pretty simple if you ask me.

Beat the Giants tommorow, get it back to .500 and then show up this weekend and sweep the Pirates.

Lets enter next week 73-70!

goreds2
09-05-2006, 10:41 PM
My notes from tonight's game:

-Bronson was GREAT on short rest. He rarely got deep into counts, had a lot of first pitch swinging outs and got ahead in the count often. He did a good job keeping his breaking ball down and away to the right handers.

-I REALLY don't understand why Arroyo bunted with the bases loaded and 2 out. Was he acting on his own or did the call come from the dugout?

-Todd Hollandsworth was a pleasant surprise getting a few hits even though he fell rounding third on BP's double(which didn't end up mattering)

- On the TV Post Game, Bronson said he could go on three days rest if needed through the end of the season.

- I think Bronson bunted on his own. It was a good "eliment of surprise" plan. It just did not work. Plus, we had the leadoff hitter the next inning.

- If Mr. Hollandsworth plays the next few days, you will notice how good of a "professional hitter" he is.

Here's to some more wins....:beerme:

crazybob60
09-05-2006, 10:51 PM
What a great game by Bronson and the Reds, although we did not see the typical Reds offensive explosion during the whole course of the game, although we saw it briefly in the first inning, this is the type of game I like to see and especially since Bronson went the distance, only giving up three hits and gave the bullpen a much deserved rest. Let's hope and pray this is something that can turn this ballclub around from that horrid losing streak that they were on, and this can not only get us back in the hunt for the Wild Card but hopefully in the hunt for the Central Division title as well, because as much as the sports writers and announcers and ESPN guys say it, we are not out of it yet, mark my words!!!!!

Gizmo
09-05-2006, 11:01 PM
We needed this win. Now we need Sunny to have a bright shiney day tomorrow. More importantly, we need the offense to show up incase/for when Mr. Kim doesn't not shine.

jnwohio
09-05-2006, 11:02 PM
In his column in the Post today, Lonnie Wheeler was begging for someone to step up. Someone named Bronson Arroyo just did. NOw lets see if the rest of the boys have th gumption to to follow.

MaineRed
09-05-2006, 11:16 PM
We needed this win. Now we need Sunny to have a bright shiney day tomorrow. More importantly, we need the offense to show up incase/for when Mr. Kim doesn't not shine.

Nothing wrong with this post, except you forgot one thing.

We need the Padres to lose tonight.

Let's go Rox!

KittyDuran
09-06-2006, 12:42 AM
Great game and you can't beat $3 view level seats behind home plate! :beerme: Also they game out extra Lopez bobbleheads and DHL/MLB lanyards.

crazybob60
09-06-2006, 04:35 AM
Does Sun Woo Kim really go by the nickname of Sunny or is that just what certain radio and announcer people call him? I heard Marty call him that, just curious if that is what he prefers or does he prefer Sun or does anybody know?