PDA

View Full Version : Guardado has a torn ligament

Danny Serafini
09-06-2006, 12:30 PM
He tore the ulnar collateral ligament in his elbow according to the press notes. He's on the 60 day DL, Jason Johnson takes his spot.

Heath
09-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the memories, Everyday Eddie.

puca
09-06-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm not surprised, it was pretty obviously his elbow was not right for some time.

MaineRed
09-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Did he just do this or is this something that was the reason for his initial problem but now they are just finding out about it?

Did the report from the Nats just arrive?

Thats right, I'm blaming Bowden.

Matt700wlw
09-06-2006, 12:50 PM
I blame Carl Lindner.

cumberlandreds
09-06-2006, 12:51 PM
I blame Bob Boone.

Matt700wlw
09-06-2006, 12:52 PM
I also blame John McNamara

Ltlabner
09-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Dang....I knew his time in Cincy was likely over but you still hate to see a player get hurt. Especially if it's likely ending his carear.

ol'Sparky
09-06-2006, 01:10 PM
I blame "everyday eddie's" sister, she bit him.

guttle11
09-06-2006, 01:11 PM
I blame Bruce Coslet.

dabvu2498
09-06-2006, 01:11 PM
I blame Bruce Coslet.

Heck, I'll blame Dave Shula.

BuckWoody
09-06-2006, 01:14 PM
You guys are all way off base. Any good Reds historian will tell you that this is the work of Dick Wagner.

;)

timmario66
09-06-2006, 01:14 PM
I blame Gapper.

flyer85
09-06-2006, 01:15 PM
that will go well with the tear in his shoulder. Maybe he can get a 2 for 1 in the off-season.

jimbo
09-06-2006, 01:17 PM
It's all the fault of Griffey's ego.

Z-Fly
09-06-2006, 01:22 PM
It's all the fault of Griffey's ego.

If would of only played right field and moved out of the #3 spot in the Order. Griffey has ran this team into the ground. :mooner:

justincredible
09-06-2006, 01:24 PM
This is a direct result of Chuck Norris. I would fault him for it, but I prefer life.

Team Clark
09-06-2006, 02:16 PM
It's amazing to me how many "forearm" problems are ignored only to find out there is ligament damage in the elbow. Shame for Eddie.

klw
09-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Coombs would pitch through it.

Heath
09-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Stupid Sidney Weil and his junk stocks.

Well actually, not, if it wasn't for Weil, we'd never would have gotten Crosley.

Nevermind.

BuckeyeRedleg
09-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Why wasn't this known weeks ago?

Did it take Eddie saying,

"I don't know guys, it doesn't feel right. I need more tests"?

Then, magically, there it is. A torn UCL.

Wow, how did we miss that?

Kremchek needs to go. Yesterday.

Tom Servo
09-06-2006, 04:41 PM
I blame Dave Miley.

Billy_Bearcat
09-06-2006, 05:43 PM

BINGO!

Reds4Life
09-06-2006, 06:00 PM

The same thing happened with Ryan Dempster.

I can't believe that any competent physician can miss so many major injuries.

MartyFan
09-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Does Doc have an axe to grinde with this organization?

Seems like every pitcher Special K brought in since the trade with the Nats has been injured.

Kremchek must go.

penantboundreds
09-06-2006, 09:26 PM
kremchek must not be a good diagnosing doctor, but he is good at repairing when he finds it....maybe he can be our surgeon and not team doc?

Rojo
09-06-2006, 09:29 PM
kremchek must not be a good diagnosing doctor, but he is good at repairing when he finds it....maybe he can be our surgeon and not team doc?

Yep. Nobody assumes the Wright Bros were good pilots.

LoganBuck
09-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Yep. Nobody assumes the Wright Bros were good pilots.

Never heard that one before but it rings true.

goreds2
09-07-2006, 12:11 AM
He tore the ulnar collateral ligament in his elbow according to the press notes. He's on the 60 day DL, Jason Johnson takes his spot.

See you hopefully in March Eddie. I loved your upbeat attitude which I THINK we are missing at the moment.

cincrazy
09-07-2006, 12:15 AM
I blame Jimmy Haynes.

TeamBoone
09-07-2006, 12:54 AM
We passed Doc K on I-71 today on the way home from the game. He drives an absolutely BEAUTIFUL, sporty little 2-seater Mercedes. Must be nice.

Always Red
09-07-2006, 07:28 AM
See you hopefully in March Eddie. I loved your upbeat attitude which I THINK we are missing at the moment.

If Eddie is having Tommy John surgery, as reported on the radio this morning, he will miss all of the 2007 season.

He was a breathe of fresh air for this team, specifically because his attitude was so good, as you say; this is a darn shame...

dabvu2498
09-07-2006, 09:08 AM
We passed Doc K on I-71 today on the way home from the game. He drives an absolutely BEAUTIFUL, sporty little 2-seater Mercedes. Must be nice.

The last time I took I-71 to a game, he passed me on the way down in the same car.

Doc. Hollywood... keepin it real.

Crosley68
09-07-2006, 09:47 AM
In the short time he pitched here, I just loved his game. With his attitude, maybe he can learn to pitch with his right arm over the winter! On the serious side, I just hate the thought that we have seen him pitch his last.

Hope to see you back someday Eddie!!!

NDIrish9
09-07-2006, 10:15 AM
I blame Tyrone willingham

Always Red
09-07-2006, 10:21 AM

FWIW, I drove by Mike Brown on Ft. Washington Way last fall and was amused to see he was driving a Chevy. 4 door, tan, older model. Pefect! ;)

TeamBoone
09-07-2006, 12:11 PM
I feel bad for Eddie (and the Reds for losing him). I wonder if he'll return to baseball in 2008 or if he'll retire.

BTW, is his injury something that would have showed up on an MRI? I used to think MRI was the greatest diagnostic tool, but I think I'm beginning to change my mind after reading about all the things that DON'T show up.

Chip R
09-07-2006, 12:14 PM
I feel bad for Eddie (and the Reds for losing him). I wonder if he'll return to baseball in 2008 or if he'll retire.

BTW, is his injury something that would have showed up on an MRI? I used to think MRI was the greatest diagnostic tool, but I think I'm beginning to change my mind after reading about all the things that DON'T show up.

The injury didn't show up on the original MRI. They probably diagnosed it as something that might improve with rest and rehab. When it didn't, they did the saline MRI and, bingo, there was the torn ligament.

NJReds
09-07-2006, 12:30 PM
They new the guy's arm was a mess when they traded for him. It was a worthwhile risk and he gave the team a real spark while he was able to throw. It was nice to have a set closer, even if for only a few weeks.

dabvu2498
09-07-2006, 12:34 PM
FWIW, I drove by Mike Brown on Ft. Washington Way last fall and was amused to see he was driving a Chevy. 4 door, tan, older model. Pefect! ;)

Uncle Carl's driver almost hit me as I was walking to a game downtown.

Pearl Rolls Royce Phantom. Made my heart go pitter patter just to be that close to one. Nicest car I've ever seen in person on the street.

Always Red
09-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Uncle Carl's driver almost hit me as I was walking to a game downtown.

Pearl Rolls Royce Phantom. Made my heart go pitter patter just to be that close to one. Nicest car I've ever seen in person on the street.

LOL- if he'd have hit you, the driver probably would have got out and checked the car first. :eek:
Those are beautiful cars; almost doesn't seem right to call it a car.

TeamBoone
09-07-2006, 01:26 PM
They new the guy's arm was a mess when they traded for him. It was a worthwhile risk and he gave the team a real spark while he was able to throw. It was nice to have a set closer, even if for only a few weeks.

Where did you learn this? I have never read that they knew Eddie's arm was a "mess", only that he wasn't pitching as well as he had in the past and was relegated to the bullpen.

blumj
09-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Where did you learn this? I have never read that they knew Eddie's arm was a "mess", only that he wasn't pitching as well as he had in the past and was relegated to the bullpen.

He'd been pitching with a torn rotator cuff for a year, and he was open about it publically at the time.

Team Clark
09-07-2006, 01:35 PM
He had rotator cuff surgery and was in good enough health to come back. These are two different injuries altogether.

blumj
09-07-2006, 02:27 PM
They new the guy's arm was a mess when they traded for him.

I assumed the rotator cuff injury was what NJReds was referring to there, nothing to do with this elbow injury at all. And I was unaware his shoulder had been surgically repaired, sorry about that.

NJReds
09-07-2006, 05:24 PM
I assumed the rotator cuff injury was what NJReds was referring to there, nothing to do with this elbow injury at all. And I was unaware his shoulder had been surgically repaired, sorry about that.

That's what I was referring to. I thought there was a story when he first arrived that said he was pitching through pain to finish out the year.

BoydsOfSummer
09-08-2006, 12:31 AM
When the ligament or hamstring is snapped and rolled up like a window shade 'ol Doc is right on it aint he? Otherwise,not so much it seems. It does seem odd at times.

edabbs44
09-08-2006, 01:22 AM
It's amazing to me how many "forearm" problems are ignored only to find out there is ligament damage in the elbow. Shame for Eddie.

Mike Hampton, anyone?

REDREAD
09-08-2006, 01:31 AM
Did he just do this or is this something that was the reason for his initial problem but now they are just finding out about it?

Did the report from the Nats just arrive?

Thats right, I'm blaming Bowden.

:laugh:

Actually, Doc Hollywood cleared the guy for long toss and the begining of rehab, and it ends up that he wasn't ready to start throwing again after all. We've seen this happen many times. It just happened with Mercker.
Another report said that basically Doc repeated the MRI with Saline injection and that test showed the injury.. Why didn't Doc do that test earlier?

The guy is incompetent at diagnosing injuries and preventing them from exploding. He likes to keep the guys playing until they need drastic surgury. :thumbdown

That's why I'm scared to death that Maj is pitching. The season is over. Let's shut him down and let him rest. Why risk Maj's arm falling off now that the season is basically over? I dislike "the trade", but I want Maj back and 100% healthy next year.

REDREAD
09-08-2006, 01:33 AM
Does Doc have an axe to grinde with this organization?

Seems like every pitcher Special K brought in since the trade with the Nats has been injured.

Kremchek must go.

Doc Hollywood is laughing all the way to the bank. :thumbdown

Another in the long list of players Doc cleared to play who weren't ready and ended up getting a severe injury.