PDA

View Full Version : Worst player for the Reds

Benny-Distefano
09-06-2006, 06:17 PM
I cant decide...

Griffey? He is ALWAYS getting hurt. Plus, he is WAAAAY too expensive. We'd win way more games without him. No hustle, no energy, just 10 million a year wasted.

Dunn? Talk about a strikeout machine. We would strike out way less as a team without him, so I think we should trade him. He walks too much too. Walks could have been home runs if he tried harder.

Arroyo? OK Mr. "win 10 then lose 10." We should trade Arroyo for some meat in the OF to take Griffey's place. Reggie Sanders or Wily Mo from Boston maybe?

Freel? ZERO power and he's way too short. Plus, he cant stay healthy when he is a starter, that has been proven time and time again. Plus, he got a DUI which means he is not a role model. Trade him for prospects.

These 4 players take up waaay too much money. We should release/trade all of them and then go out and get pitching and more power. Also, Jerry Narron needs to be fired for making bad lineups everyday.

:evil:

joshnky
09-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Are you redsupport with a different name?;)

Homer Bailey
09-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah I'm sure fans would love if we traded the four most recognizable faces on the Reds. I bet that will increase attendance at games.

HumnHilghtFreel
09-06-2006, 06:40 PM
This thread is just asking to be a flame-fest.

WMR
09-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Okay... I like the humor. HOWEVER: Our worst player this season is clearly Tony Womack although Royce would like to get in on the conversation.

registerthis
09-06-2006, 07:00 PM

It's tongue-in-cheek.

HumnHilghtFreel
09-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I got to that after I looked at it a second time, but I didn't have the motivation to go back and edit it.

TOBTTReds
09-06-2006, 07:04 PM
In seriousness...Rick White. A close second by Tony Womack. Then Chris Hammond. Then the rest of our initial BP after Stormy and Coffey.

pedro
09-06-2006, 07:06 PM
It's tongue-in-cheek.

that's funny. it doesn't taste like "cheek".

Benny-Distefano
09-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Plus, when we traded with the Nats... all those players, awful.

And "Everyday on the DL" Eddie?

....yep. Fire Wayne K too. Worst GM ever.

WMR
09-06-2006, 07:16 PM
In seriousness...Rick White. A close second by Tony Womack. Then Chris Hammond. Then the rest of our initial BP after Stormy and Coffey.

Aves, what about Rick in Philly???

Maybe Hume just wasn't getting him his favorite donut, which we all know is a caramel long john with extra caramel! ;)

Highlifeman21
09-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Womack leads my list

Followed closely by Royce Clayton and Jason LaRue

Those 3 right there, what a hat trick of ___________

Danny Serafini
09-06-2006, 08:13 PM
It's got to be Brandon Watson, after all, that guy didn't even get an at bat. At least Andy Abad got to swing a couple of times.

On the flip side, Chris Michalak is the team's MVP, as he currently leads the squad with an OPS of 1.100.

Always Red
09-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Gosling or Burns, Burns or Gosling?

RedFanAlways1966
09-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Joe Hoerner, reliever (40-years-old)... 1977 REDS.

>> 8 games... 6IP, 9H, 3BB, 4ER. 12.00 ERA, 2.00 WHIP. :help:

TOBTTReds
09-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Aves, what about Rick in Philly???

Maybe Hume just wasn't getting him his favorite donut, which we all know is a caramel long john with extra caramel! ;)

"Worst player for the Reds" what happens after is his business. Who knows what his deal was though. :bang:

KoryMac5
09-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Worst player for the Reds who is looking good in a new uniform would be Dave Williams of the Mets

Dunnomite
09-06-2006, 10:23 PM
:obrien:

dman
09-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Divid Weathers, Jason LaRue, Tony Womack

Heath
09-07-2006, 09:28 AM

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/untitled.bmp

bebo03
09-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Who let Bowden post.

crazybob60
09-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Here is a list of five guys who never should have or should not be in a Reds uniform this season:

1. Jason LaRue
2. Tony Womack
3. Rick White
4. Royce Clayton
5. Joe Mays

I am really surprised Joe Mays name hasn't come up more often here although I think he is just having one of those years and is trying to rehab himself down in Louisville and although it may not be in a Reds uniform but I think you may see Mays bounce back in the future to at least a servicable pitcher.

Handofdeath
09-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Eric Milton and his million dollars per win contract.

blumj
09-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Gosling or Burns, Burns or Gosling?

We(Red Sox) wound up with Burns, and all I can say is, just wait til you get a look at Jason Johnson. :barf:

VI_RedsFan
09-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Joe Mays, without a question. Rick White and Quentin McKracken are right behind him.

JTMONEY
09-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Fielder:
Jason Larue
Pitcher:
Ryan Franklin

mth123
09-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Ryan Franklin. It isn't even close and there are a lot of bad players.

redsupport
09-10-2006, 01:43 AM
andy abad

Hap
09-10-2006, 09:32 PM
phil norton.....he was so bad that he still counts two years later.....

redsupport
09-10-2006, 09:37 PM
an impressive port sider, Norton learned his craft at the feet of Brad Pennington who of course assiduously toiled at the shrine of Greg cadaret who was fortunate enough to soak in the knowledge provided by Bill Scherrer and Sheldon Burnside

Betterread
09-10-2006, 09:47 PM
1. Joe Mays
2. Quinton McCracken
3. Gary Majewski

The first two are not so bad, as they were easy-come, easy-go. Majewski was ostensibly the return for either Lopez or Kearns, and as such, is a clear disappointment.

RedFanAlways1966
09-10-2006, 10:31 PM
phil norton.....he was so bad that he still counts two years later.....

:laugh: Funny, Hap!

Ryan Franklin? I am not a member of his fan-club, but I am not sure about him being the worst. Not headed for Cooperstown or an All-Star team. However, he does own a 4-2 record for the REDS since the trade from Philly on Aug. 7. There are a few others who should be thought of before him though... 4.54 ERA, 1.54 WHIP (can find worse REDS pitchers this year!).

Only one of those wins (Aug. 19 vs. Pirates) was what I call a "backdoor win" (cough up a lead and get the win b/c you finish the inning and then your offense retakes & holds the lead). And that was not memorable for his lone blown save as a REDS pitcher... memorable was the 14 runs they ended up scoring to win it 14-7. He came in that game early b/c up-n-down Eric Milton lasted only 4 innings (gave up 6 runs and 9 hits). The REDS offense was on fire too and held a 7-6 lead. Franklin gave up a run and let them tie it... only to watch the REDS go crazy scoring in the following half-inning and they never looked back.

The other three wins were situations in which he held the opponent in a tie-game or a game in which the REDS were down. Then the REDS scored (fortunate for him sure...but). If he doesn't do his job, the game might not have turned out to be a W. His first REDS appearance he earned a big win (at the time) against the dreaded Cardinals (Ross 2R walkoff HR w/ 1-out in the 9th off Izzy).

His two losses weren't good times... but there were other issues in those games that seemed bigger than his 1R allowed in each loss.
(1) Aug. 17 @ Cards. 2-1 loss in which the REDS manage only 3 hits in the game (one a Junior HR). Rolen hits a solo HR off Lohse for their 1st run and wins it in the 9th w/ a run-scoring single off Franklin. Cards starter? Good Lord... Jeff Weaver. Did I mention (Jeff Weaver!) only 3 hits in the 9 innings for the REDS?
(2) Aug. 29 @ Dodgers. 6-5 loss in 16 inning game. Gives up a solo HR to leadoff the bottom of 16 for the loss. 7 innings to score after the 9th inning and the REDS offense cannot do it.

Not a high-level pitcher (has allowed ERs in 6 of his 12 REDS appearances) by any means, but definitely not the worst REDS player or pitcher this year. No way. Rick White, Joe Mays, Dave Williams and BRANDON CLAUSSEN were definitely worse pitchers than Franklin this year.

Casey_21
09-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Do you mean current Red? Or worst ever? I been a Reds fan since I was about 7. About 10 years. I can't recall who "sucked" when I was little, but in the most recent years, I think Joey Hamilton takes 1st place with that one. It wouldnt have been so bad if he just sucked, but it was the attitude, that he seriously thought he should be making as much as Curt Schilling. If it's the worst for this year, I would go with 95% of our relief, and La Rue, as much as I hate to say it.

redsupport
09-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Top 10 tie
Ted Weiand
Howie Nunn
Joe Henderson
Dan Dumoulin
Neil Fiala
Mike Smith
Mark Kroon
Mark Hutton
Andy larkin
Len Boehmer
Mike Grace
and of course Jay Ward and Bob Barton

Ron Madden
09-12-2006, 03:56 AM
As Reds Fans we have seen the good, the bad and the ugly.

Fans of Every Team in MLB have seen the same.

Sometimes we forget there are other aspects to this organization that are every bit as important as Ownership, GM, Manager, or Players.

Many of you will disagree with my opinion and many will neg me for it.

I honestly believe that most Fans in Reds Country are not as faithful or as knowledgable as they once were. Most are now casual fans that get their information from loud mouth sportstalk radio host or lazy beat writers who do nothing but agree with everything Marty Brennamen says.

I believe Everyone in the Entire Organization plays some position, not all players wear uniforms.

IMHO. Marty is the worst player for the Reds. I'll duck and cover now.